Infraction What does everyone think of the 3S Infraction?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The stock bec seems to be too weak for Fast Servo and Fast Fan, so i have to upgrade to Max10SCT ESC.
On the chassis bottom (stock place) there is not much room, so i would use double sided tape and just glue in on top of the reciever box?
On my Infraction 6s the double sided tape works just finde.
What to you think?

I see so many people say things like every rc is for children and that sounds crazy to me. There is no way I'd trust a kid with one of my rigs. It's like handing them a weapon. Maybe I'm a pansy but omg everything is overpowered and that sounds terrifying. :eek: :eek: :ROFLMAO:

I got my Infraction 3s two days ago, and there were problems right out of the box. As it came from the factory, there was no reverse; there was a delay in the trigger response in the forward direction; and the top speed was poor. A quick throttle recalibration solved those issues.

The gear mesh on the motor pinion and spur gear was too tight: I could hear it and feel it right away. I had to remove the power module and reset the gear mesh: the center bearing on the driveshaft was so tight on the driveshaft that it wouldn't slide, and that made removing the driveshaft difficult. When I finally got the power module out and opened it, I found the pinion was as tight against the spur as it could physically get. I'm sure the motor would have eventually burned up if I hadn't corrected the mesh.

Quality control at the Arrma factory appears to be non-existent: the throttle and gear mesh issues should have been caught before the vehicle was shipped from the factory. It's a good thing I am an experienced RC vehicle mechanic and could solve these issues on my own: a less-experienced individual might have had to contact tech support or their LHS for help in fixing the issues.

I still need to pull the diffs out and check that they have enough diff fluid in them. They seem smooth, but I should check them out soon.

After this initial debacle, I'm hoping I don't find any more issues.

Nothing wrong with these 4x4x On roads, if you keep things in perspective.
Many already want to upgrade them. I say leave them as is. Have fun. You really will be spending much $$ on them. Too much when considering the purchase price and the limited gain in performance and adjustability.
The 6s On roads rule. You pay for what you get out the box with them. Less modding required out the box. And much less fragile. And way more adjustability. You don't need much more space with a 6s over a 4x4 On road, if just drifting around.
Pay less now with the Vend/Infr and pay more after opening the box. Or just get the 6s variant, less money needed to drop in upgrades.
They will both equal out in price at some point. So the 6s On roads comes out on top always.
According to this threads Title, that is what I think.:giggle:

Many already want to upgrade them. I say leave them as is. Have fun. You really will be spending much $$ on them. Too much when considering the purchase price and the limited gain in performance and adjustability.
The 6s On roads rule. You pay for what you get out the box with them. Less modding required out the box. And much less fragile. And way more adjustability. You don't need much more space with a 6s over a 4x4 On road, if just drifting around.
Pay less now with the Vend/Infr and pay more after opening the box. Or just get the 6s variant, less money needed to drop in upgrades.
They will both equal out in price at some point. So the 6s On roads comes out on top always.
I actually agree with you. I'm not a fan of the 3s rigs at all. I guess they're fine if you leave them alone but as soon as you start upgrading you would have been better off with a 6s imo.

My dumb ass still bought a 4s kraton tho and that's basically no different than a 3s rig in my book so what do I know 🤣 hope I don't regret it. I hate my typhon 3s with a passion but that didn't start until I started messing with it. Out of the box it wasn't bad tbh.

I definitely understand why people would like the detta though and I also don't consider 3s line as a child only thing. I will say I don't consider the mega line to be hobby grade but that's just me. It's like people saying anime is for kids lol. I've seen some anime I'd never let a kid watch. 🤣

Differentials are like always: Only 50% filled.
Infraction/Vendetta special: They only put grease INSIDE the rear diff.
Differentials are like always: Only 50% filled.
Infraction/Vendetta special: They only put grease INSIDE the rear diff.
Seriously? There’s even grease in the rear differential on the 3S infraction and vendetta? Ugh. That was the first thing I did on the mega infraction while converting it, open up differential‘s, clean that crap out and replace it with approximately 15k oil (20k up front).

That was the first thing I did on the mega infraction while converting it, open up differential‘s, clean that crap out and replace it with approximately 15k oil (20k up front).
That's on my list of things to do on my new Infraction 3s, and I have 20k diff fluid available right now to change it out. The weather is too nice today to tackle that job: it's going to be a rainy-day task for some time this coming week.

That's on my list of things to do on my new Infraction 3s, and I have 20k diff fluid available right now to change it out. The weather is too nice today to tackle that job: it's going to be a rainy-day task for some time this coming week.
Yeah I get that. Took my mini infraction out yesterday to a huge parking lot and had a blast with it. The way it’s set up now is perfect for me and it’s rapidly becoming one of my favorite cars. I am so glad I took a chance and got this thing.

Originally I thought the Gyro I installed was going to be temporary while I got used to it. But the road Typhon that I built, which doesn’t have a Gyro, is so difficult to control that I’m going go ahead and put one in it as well. Just 20% is all it takes.

I've read through all 7 pages now and have to admit I'm curious about this rig, and am considering a purchase as well. I get a kick out of the speed runners sending these things to crazy speeds and it seems like a fun platform just bashing around on your street with. I'm quite content settling on something less than the "best" because half the fun is making something cheap, a sleeper. I have disposable income so keep the $$ out of the equation.
I do me, you do you. 🙂🙂

Last edited:
I truly enjoy threads and comments like yours.
I always pose the argument. Pro and con.
Because it helps others , not necessarily you, make an informed purchase. One you can live with.
Yes, all RC's are fun no matter what you got on your bench in front of you.
I never pretend to be the "be all end all".
:cool:

Wow, what a lot of different views from people, I bought the 3s after already owning the 6s, and a lot of the… shall we say highly opinionated, comments are just so wrong about it. Yes Arrma needs to improve quality control on the 3s lines, the 6s was awesome straight out of the box. But I have a senton and now the infraction 3s versions both needed adjustments. But I find hobby grade rcs, usually need a little tinkering out of the box, the 6s was fine though, maybe I just got lucky.

Tyres are exceptionally expensive in the UK compared to the prices I see put up in dollars. As are the cars, but not much anyone can do about that. But I am hoping to see more aftermarket tyres coming onto the market as these get more popular.

The biggest issue over here is the lack of modifications available, and or the cost of import of the items that are available, as an example, stupidrc wheelie bar, costs almost the same in post and import as it’s price. Obviously this is not a problem for those who don’t live on an island that’s smaller than most of the states.. lol.

Oops, all the other vents on this thread got to me.. lol

I’m lovin my brushless converted infraction mega. It’s the perfect size for the residential street in front of my house. The bigger 6s infraction is too big for that, it needs a large parking lot to stretch its legs. But the 3s model is perfect for stepping right out my door and getting my drift fix on!! 😎🤘

What does "Ditto" mean??
It mean ‘also’, ‘same thing’, technically the below…

1987F309-F43D-4500-94FC-DFAF553C8377.jpeg

My very 1st RC car 3S infraction, I was just out the front running it up n down street, was thinking it's pretty fast, I wonder how fast, I have recently purchased the skyrc gsm020 and had yet to have it working, I cut up some velcro and away i went!!
367500963_1019608269046782_7582203873004858573_n.jpg

A tad quicker than I expected too!!! Nice surprise.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back