Mojave What the best battery to get?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Sixty Six

Fairly New Member
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Mojave
What's the best battery to get for the Mojave 6s?
Brand? Mah? and C?
...and what does it mean when it says 50-100 C and not just one number?
Thanks

I like to use Turnigy Graphene 6s 5000mAh packs myself, but I recently bought 2 SMC DV Extreme 6s 5000mAh packs as well. The "C" ratings are probably constant load for the lower number, and peak load for the higher number. I've heard good things about Gens as well, but haven't personally used them.

If you are more budget minded, I have had great results for Zeee and HRC off Amazon.....I use 5200mah 50c and 6000mah 60c...... yeah, there are bigger fish out there, but for me, for now, these work fine, and were easier on my pocketbook......when they get replaced, I may go for a higher c rating, which is your max release electric flow from battery to esc. VPR5793 is correct above, when there're 2 numbers, the lower number is the constant max flow, the higher the absolute tops of rated current the battery releases, typically in a VERY short time, then reverts to lower number. Hope that makes sense.....

Let me add this, the HRC 6000mah bricks are just a SMIDGE too large for the battery holder...... as in too tall when you stack them on top of each other.....so I use those in the Senton. You may want to keep that in mind.....the Zeee 5200 fit perfectly......

What I have sends my Mojave and Senton into projectiles, both use stock gearing...... both have decent run times as far as longevity is concerned.

Look under forums, electronics, batteries for several threads where previous discussions on this topic were held......

Have fun !!
I like to use Turnigy Graphene 6s 5000mAh packs myself, but I recently bought 2 SMC DV Extreme 6s 5000mAh packs as well. The "C" ratings are probably constant load for the lower number, and peak load for the higher number. I've heard good things about Gens as well, but haven't personally used them.
I have heard good things about Turnigy....cant say from personal experience, though
I have heard good things about Turnigy....cant say from personal experience

I have used turnigy, zee, zop among others, but SMC Extreme V2 are head and shoulders above those. They deliver more consistent voltage (less voltage drop all the way to the end.

I would caution you though, the internal resistance is so low that you might want to raise your lipo cut off voltage or use a better lipo alarm because when they get to 3.3V they re really at 3.3V whereas some of the cheaper lipos will recover 0.4 - 0.5 V when you let them rest.

I use 2x gensacearespammers 3s bashing 8500 mah 100c batteries in my mojave with spektrum 8s esc and castle 1717 motor... the batteries last a long time.

If you are more budget minded, I have had great results for Zeee and HRC off Amazon.....I use 5200mah 50c and 6000mah 60c...... yeah, there are bigger fish out there, but for me, for now, these work fine, and were easier on my pocketbook......when they get replaced, I may go for a higher c rating, which is your max release electric flow from battery to esc. VPR5793 is correct above, when there're 2 numbers, the lower number is the constant max flow, the higher the absolute tops of rated current the battery releases, typically in a VERY short time, then reverts to lower number. Hope that makes sense.....

Let me add this, the HRC 6000mah bricks are just a SMIDGE too large for the battery holder...... as in too tall when you stack them on top of each other.....so I use those in the Senton. You may want to keep that in mind.....the Zeee 5200 fit perfectly......

What I have sends my Mojave and Senton into projectiles, both use stock gearing...... both have decent run times as far as longevity is concerned.

Look under forums, electronics, batteries for several threads where previous discussions on this topic were held......

Have fun !!

I have heard good things about Turnigy....cant say from personal experience, though

I have heard good things about Turnigy....cant say from personal experience
Did you mean HRB instead of HRC?.

Did you mean HRB instead of HRC?.
yes, sorry
I have more goldbat than anything great cheaper lipos. Enough to get the job done and in good fashion.
So here goes ....... (not directed at Kusher, but to everyone)

Some have misfortune with most all brands, from cheap to crazy expensive..... if you want the high dollar brands, good for you....nothing wrong with that. However, after spending hours poring over posts on this forum , I have seen a negative remark about most every brand....including expensive ones. One very seasoned RC guy on here, who has a LOT of posts to his count, and has helped me many times, has had bad experiences with some top names, and he isn't afraid to say it.

I work hard for my money, all of us do. I don't want to throw it away on cheap junk, or spend more than I need to. I am a 'middle of the road' kind of guy, avoiding the cheapest and most expensive. Myself, I would rather get 2 batteries for the price of one super premium battery. So far, this has not let me down.

One fellow I follow on YouTube uses Goldbat.....he is very satisfied. Others wouldn't be caught dead without the most expensive thin going.....to each their own....

The answer to the initial question of whats a good battery for the Mojave? One you can afford and are satisfied with. Ive got mine

Last edited:
yes, sorry

Some have misfortune with most all brands, from cheap to crazy expensive..... if you want the high dollar brands, good for you....nothing wrong with that. However, after spending hours poring over posts on this forum , I have seen a negative remark about most every brand....including expensive ones. One very seasoned RC guy on here, who has a LOT of posts to his count, and has helped me many times, has had bad experiences with some top names, and he isn't afraid to say it.

I work hard for my money, all of us do. I don't want to throw it away on cheap junk, or spend more than I need to. I am a 'middle of the road' kind of guy, avoiding the cheapest and most expensive. Myself, I would rather get 2 batteries for the price of one super premium battery. So far, this has not let me down.

One fellow I follow on YouTube uses Goldbat.....he is very satisfied. Others wouldn't be caught dead without the most expensive thin going.....to each their own....

The answer to the initial question of whats a good battery for the Mojave? One you can afford and are satisfied with. Ive got mine
I agree completely thT is why I went with goldbat. They seem to work very well for the price and I always get like you said 2 for the price if one premium.

yes, sorry

That's ok so your saying theses lipos are decent?.

That's ok so your saying theses lipos are decent?.
Depends on your definition of decent - - -

Do you want super premium (along with the price tag) ? mid range aren't decent

Do you insist on having the best you can get , even if once in a while you get an iffy battery (ALL BRANDS are suspect to this ) then step up to the checkout line and get your money out, cause you are gonna pay......will they last longer? Maybe. Are they better ? Maybe. Pay for it and you tell me......

The Zeee and HRB that I have should satisfy any average Joe hobby guy.... they run just fine with my lipo balance charger, storage charge every time I put them away.... my Mojave and Senton do just fine with them...... and they are usually about 1/2 what the big name super duper batteries cost. At that point of reasoning, that is the route I chose. With that math, I have taken my chances, and its worked for me so far.

The cheap as cheap can get batteries..... well..... you take your chances. Some haven't had any problems......but I myself have stayed away from them.

On another forum, I was reading posts from guys who spend thousands upon thousands on ONE rig....... people who compete, people who want the extreme...... if that is you .....GOOD. But for a good number of us, we just want to enjoy the hobby, spend our money wisely, not buy crap, and not go overboard. That is the approach I , and I feel many others, have.

My 2 cents that turned into 2 dollars

I also am your average joe not buying the best but also not cheap, it’s been a while since I brought lipos that I am researching what everyone uses on there rigs here and will get a concept on the ones that work for me. Thanks for the feedback on these batteries.

Best lipo is subjective question. It's what works the best for someone with experience from using different brands. Expensive lipos are not necessarily the best. My Corvette is not better than your Camry.

It's a bit of hit and miss from my experience, I've got various batteries from many different brands.

I have Turnigy Graphene batteries in 4s for my "race" cars, two pairs are brilliant one pair have puffed up and aren't as good. I tried the Zee Power in 4s 6000mah soft case I was so impressed I bought some 3s 5200mah on hard case and they are hopeless, the C rating is no way true in these, but the 4s one's are easily up to the task.

The batteries I've had the best constancy over different sizes and voltages have been the Turnigy Heavy Duty, they are reasonably priced and out preform everything else I have except for the Graphenes that are the good set.

I would take a gamble on the Zee Power as I'm so happy with the 4s pair I have that I'm convinced they make great batteries and I just got a dud pair of 3s ones. They are so cheap I'm not too upset about it and they still work, I just don't get anywhere near the power and response that I get from my Heavy Duty Turnigy packs.

It's a bit of hit and miss from my experience, I've got various batteries from many different brands.

I would take a gamble on the Zee Power as I'm so happy with the 4s pair I have that I'm convinced they make great batteries and I just got a dud pair of 3s ones. They are so cheap I'm not too upset about it and they still work, I just don't get anywhere near the power and response that I get from my Heavy Duty Turnigy packs.

I ordered 2 x ZOP 4s 5000 mah lipos about 6 months ago.

i was so impressed with them that i purchased 4 x 3s 5000 mah lipos in february, but 3 of the 4 arrived with cells below 3 V and crazy high IR(100's of mohm).

I wonder if all these cheap lipo cells are manufactured by the same company and then just "assembled and packaged" by zee/zop etc...

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back