What was your first rc car?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
This was mine. Got it for Christmas one year. I think it lasted maybe a month.
B627A14D-1B7E-4E9C-93B6-0E105035AD00.jpeg

Also, who remembers these? I had one as a kid. Totally ridiculous concept.
D185BF93-79BC-4444-A57F-F302C315C034.jpeg

Now that's throwback! Lol..I remember this on TV when I was a kid. Watching Thundercats, He-Man, and Voltron. That commercial would always come on and I thought it was so cool.
Idk why but I cannot remember Voltron 🤷‍♂️

1986(?) Tamiya Road Wizard. The body has been changed, but the front wings still have the Wizard's decals. The deck has been replaced with other small parts to keep it in shape.
The FP-MC8 was the first 'non-rheostat' speed controller I used. My second car was the 1/10 scale Porsche 956 LeMans in yellow & black. I still have that too, sans body.

DSC_1243.JPG

DSC_1241.JPG

DSC_1239.JPG

DSC_1242.JPG

DSC_1240.JPG

This was mine as a yute . Not the actual picture of it but just like it
View attachment 127786
"Did you say 'yute' in my courtroom"?

This was mine. Got it for Christmas one year. I think it lasted maybe a month.
View attachment 129608
Also, who remembers these? I had one as a kid. Totally ridiculous concept.
View attachment 129609
I wanted one of those traxx models, it used to do great wheelies, well for it's day anyway. The scorcher didn't do anything but spin in circles, the traxx could do that too.

1978 unbranded car and I believe it’s still in my mums loft , my first “real” car was the tamiya fast attack vehicle in 84 👍🏻

First ever RC car: Not sure, probably some cheap crap my parents bought me as a 4 or 5 year old..
First real RC car: Tamiya frog. I remember building it too, I was around 14. Before that I had toy RC cars from Radio Shack, I think Tandy made them

Tamiya Hornet.

Still have a Traxxas Hawk from 1989. Put new electronics in it last year.

View attachment 127847
traxxas rigs looked so different back then :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO: that truck is also signifigantly older than me i was born in 2008 :ROFLMAO:
I saved and saved and bought one of these in 2000 or 2001 I can’t quite remember. It was a Tamiya Wild Dagger. Looked just like this one I painted it to match the box and all. Wish I would have kept it. I actually have it’s brother version the Tamiya Mad Bison nitro truck still new in a sealed box in my storage. I may build it one day View attachment 129005View attachment 129006
i wouldn't build it!!!! those unopened box sets can go for LOADS of money!!

and my first RC was an old tamiya hornet my uncle gave me from the 80's, then a few years later, my dad bought me a new tamiya hornet build kit and after i felt the itch fore more speed i got the granite that i still have to this day and soon im going brushless cuz' im feelin' the itch for more POWAH!! :ROFLMAO:

1986(?) Tamiya Road Wizard. The body has been changed, but the front wings still have the Wizard's decals. The deck has been replaced with other small parts to keep it in shape.
The FP-MC8 was the first 'non-rheostat' speed controller I used. My second car was the 1/10 scale Porsche 956 LeMans in yellow & black. I still have that too, sans body.
View attachment 129785

Weight shmate... we wrap our ESC in IRON!!!

I also built and owned an rc10gt team edition nitro truck before I got married. It was fun but my 3s typhon is more powerful and faster. Battery technology is amazing
I have 2 10GT's Factory Team Ed. Vintage today. hard to get parts. but I run one of them now and then. When I do, I always am amazed how Lipos changed this hobby around.

Tamiya blitzer beetle for me I would like to get another if they ever come back in stock

View attachment 129780

View attachment 129781

View attachment 129782

View attachment 129783

View attachment 129785

No it's "What's a yute?"

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back