What was ur first RC

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
My first 'real' one was the Tamiya Falcon, again, back in the 80s. A school friend got one too and we would race them around the school playground on Saturday mornings.

A couple of weeks ago, I managed to buy one off eBay! That brought bac a lot of memories. The difference between the Falcon and my current fleet is stark!!!

I currently have a Kraton 8s EXB (2023), a Kraton 6s v5 BLX and a Traxxas TRX-4M - the Kratons are totally different league to my poor old Falcon!

Redcat brushless SC Truck which got me into the hobby a couple years ago. Still have it. It's still fun to drive but pretty fragile compared to the Arrmas and very limited aftermarket potential. So it's mostly a shelf queen at this point.

Don't remember the brand or model..
But it was definitely a cheap china made jobs from either a grocery store or K-mart.

One that was AAbattery powered remote-cars that goes forward and to turn you must Reverse -to make a J-turn..

Associated RC10L Pan car. My very first kit build, that got me hooked.
Then the next 4 were TA RC10T's and TA Nitro RC10GT's.
I was all in at the Track within 1 year later. I practically lived there in my 20's. And I was quite young compared to most of the track guys back then. I learned alot from the older guys. I was known well for building kits from scratch. Many newer guys would ask me to build their kits. Met many cool guys. Some of them still work at various LHS's. One guy actually is the USA distributor for Sweeps Racing Wheels now. Ran into him by accident when buying SR wheels locally direct at the US SR facility. 3 miles away from me.
You needed to have quite a few bucks in your pocket to do this hobby and race back in the early 90's. Stuff was way more expensive compared to today. Racing Nicad or Nimpacks were like $80-$100. Tekin ESC's were like $200.+.:rolleyes: I don't know how I did it, quite honestly. But I was single at the time.
Most people had no clue what RC even was. No such thing as bashing, or RTR stuff. Quality was much better IMHO. But the tech is much better and affordable today.

Last edited:
Tamiya Grasshopper - I got it when it first came out.

Untitled.png

My first Rc was was a Nikko Big Bubba .It was my dad's and when he passed away my mom gave it to me .I was 4 yrs old when I got it, and I still have it. Everything is still all original ,tires still have stubs like new .I used it a few times when my sons were small ,we used it in army wars with G.i joes .all my G.i joes when i was kid .still have them to along with a massive collection of old school transformers.šŸ˜šŸ‘ To me the body reminds me of a old school Toyota truck.i could make this a brushless 3s and let it rip but I've decided to keep it original.ive seen a few on eBay selling over $100. I guess it's in the vintage category and a rare truck..this must have been made in the late 70s early 80sšŸ¤· .either way I'm 47 so this thing has some years on it

IMG_20221202_220953475.jpg

IMG_20221202_220831020.jpg

Last edited:
Itā€™s the same as a Hornet thatā€™s cool.
The Hornet was a better car. Though, it was a few more bucks. LOL

Untitled.png

My first RC was a Toy grade one. A Nikko something. I never counted that as RC'ing, Always looked to it as my Toy car.
But it is actually RC when you think about it.

My first RC was a Toy grade one. A Nikko something. I never counted that as RC'ing, Always looked to it as my Toy car.
But it is actually RC when you think about it.
Yup , Anything with a transmitter is a Rc šŸ˜šŸ‘

6th grade, 1967, I had a yellow Testors Nitro Dune buggy, no Remote needed. Pull start. My very first Nitro rig.:ROFLMAO: No supervision started it all on my own.
It had a few different "Cams" you installed and made it Steer in certain driving patterns on its own. I used Cox fuel. I believe I lost the cams and threw it out. Stupid me. Had I known. Can't find this anywhere now.

Last edited:
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back