What's your "budget" LiPo of choice?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
@Armarookie43 what did you buy(3s,6s)? I was going to order battery and charger(hota d6+) this Tuesday when stock arrived. Thx
Check post #585 up here on this thread ?. You&me from ebay. Same seller and probably factory that produces HRB batteries.

Thanks. I am going to give them a try. Will be my first LiPo battery so I guess I will have nothing to compare them with:) I am planning on ordering the two 3s packs vs a single 6s based on my reading on this site.

When I got into this hobby about a year ago, I quickly found out that cost can be a barrier to entry if you make bad purchases and bad decisions. When I decided to make the switch to LiPo batteries, I did a ton of research on "budget" LiPo batteries on various online forums. I was looking for a battery that was reliable, good quality, and one that would not break the bank. With that being said, I decided on 2 suppliers: SPC Racing Batteries and SMC Racing Batteries. I run a 5000mAh, 50C, 2S SPC Racing LiPo ($33) in my Fury BLX and could not be happier with the performance. I also run a pair of 2500mAh, 50C, 2S SPC Racing LiPos ($20 each) in my mini E-Revo and a 5000mAh, 50C, 3S SMC Racing LiPo ($40) in my Axial Yeti.

So, what's your battery of choice? Hopefully this thread can help out someone who is just getting into the hobby or someone who is looking for a different pack to try.
I’m happy with these so far, $80 for 2 on amazon.

Attachments

• C5774943-CB58-4C1A-A5B7-DF1BE547AD7F.jpeg
    C5774943-CB58-4C1A-A5B7-DF1BE547AD7F.jpeg
    170.8 KB · Views: 54
Thanks. I am going to give them a try. Will be my first LiPo battery so I guess I will have nothing to compare them with:) I am planning on ordering the two 3s packs vs a single 6s based on my reading on this site.
Think about it. It's 4 batteries for the price of two. I'll probably never buy super duper batteries again TBH. Good luck!

I only use one 6s battery for my Arrmas. Less hassle for me personally. Less resistance too. What if one battery goes bad? Then you are going to use one new with one older battery? Just one scenario.

Yeah, I guess it is a little chunky!

I have a set of the 70C that I run in the Infraction, those are great batteries. Think I might try one of these for the Mojave.

Do you guys switch out the Kraton EC5/IC5 connector or change the battery connectors? Alot of batteries I have been looking at does not come in EC5.

Do you guys switch out the Kraton EC5/IC5 connector or change the battery connectors? Alot of batteries I have been looking at does not come in EC5.
I always change the battery connector. I personally run xt90 on mine because all of my batteries were already xt90. It's easy to do ?

Change battery connectors, but I think HRB has batteries with EC5 connectors.

@Armarookie43 the ebay seller that you recommended for the Youme have the HRB's as well and not that much more from what I can tell, but they are only 5000mah compared to the 6500mah youme.

Just for clarity, I can buy any lipo battery that fits my vehicle specs no matter what connector the battery has because the connector can be replaced? I have been noticing that certain batteries are cheaper based upon connector type. Thx

Just for clarity, I can buy any lipo battery that fits my vehicle specs no matter what connector the battery has because the connector can be replaced? I have been noticing that certain batteries are cheaper based upon connector type. Thx
Correct , if you can solder you can replace the connector to any type you like. ( you can change the plug on the battery or the esc

Not to throw a monkeywrench in, but traxxas has traxxas newer packs have specific plugs on them that are unlike everyone else. They have the balance leads built into the main plug. They don't have separate balance plugs. They are called "Traxxas ID".

With typical packs, they have main power leads and a second balance plug. With those, changing the main power plug is pretty simple.

I'm not suggesting your buying traxxas packs, they tend to be overpriced for what they are. Just didn't want you buying some off ebay or a friend or something, then being stuck with a connector that's more irritating to deal with.

Not to throw a monkeywrench in, but traxxas has traxxas newer packs have specific plugs on them that are unlike everyone else. They have the balance leads built into the main plug. They don't have separate balance plugs. They are called "Traxxas ID".

With typical packs, they have main power leads and a second balance plug. With those, changing the main power plug is pretty simple.

I'm not suggesting your buying traxxas packs, they tend to be overpriced for what they are. Just didn't want you buying some off ebay or a friend or something, then being stuck with a connector that's more irritating to deal with.
Good point I almost forgot about those , I hav had some of this ID packs and needed a balance adapter to charge them on a non ID Traxxas chargers

Is there a way to check the C rating on a battery or does it not matter?

I am awaiting shipment of my Kraton 4s.

I have some lipos rated 50c and 80c. I just wonder How accurate those ratings are on budget batteries.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back