Typhon Why has nobody made a center shaft cover for the 3s line?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Well, searched high and low for a center shaft cover and came up with nothing.. be much nicer to have that shaft covered.. anyone ever seen one for these? I'm about to hit the cad and design one that can be 3d printed..

Let me know if anyone already makes them, if not I'll post my design after I draw it up and get it fitted...

Alden
I got a dust cover cause I kept getting g rocks In my driveshaft and it would chew it up and eventually break. The cover goes over the chassis and is velcroed to the sides. That's all I could find.

I got a dust cover cause I kept getting g rocks In my driveshaft and it would chew it up and eventually break. The cover goes over the chassis and is velcroed to the sides. That's all I could find.

Yes correct... alot of people run the dusty motor covers...

What modeling program are you guys using? I think it was AutoCAD and Inventor I used in school, but that was seventeen years ago lol

Was looking through your Thingiverse CamaroDude, def going to make the Gen7 headlight buckets, and Typhon center support in a obnoxious color. I want to find/design inner fenders, and interior for my Enduro too.

Jondilly, are you on there too?

I completely misunderstood what you had written... obviously I thought you were talking about the center brace for the outcast...lol...

I now know you were talking about the center bearing support... sorry about the confusion..

Did you receive your ender 5?

I completely misunderstood what you had written... obviously I thought you were talking about the center brace for the outcast...lol...

I now know you were talking about the center bearing support... sorry about the confusion..

Did you receive your ender 5?
Yeah for Arrma I only have the 3s rigs, and a 2wd
Ender arrived yesterday, haven't had a chance to setup yet. Read the manual, and watched a video of assembly lol Waiting on the Capricorn tube still. Ordered the Ikea side tables, pre cut acrylic, and PETG to make the Prusa enclosure. Pretty excited to get printing! Just sold some wheels off one of my 1:1 parts cars, so that pays for a good chunk of this woo

Yeah for Arrma I only have the 3s rigs, and a 2wd
Ender arrived yesterday, haven't had a chance to setup yet. Read the manual, and watched a video of assembly lol Waiting on the Capricorn tube still. Ordered the Ikea side tables, pre cut acrylic, and PETG to make the Prusa enclosure. Pretty excited to get printing! Just sold some wheels off one of my 1:1 parts cars, so that pays for a good chunk of this woo

Awsome man.. your gonna love it.. just have to get through the beginning, it can be frustrating at times, but you will get it man...

Ok guys here it is... I will be uploading the file to thingiverse in the next day or so...

As you can see I designed plates that mount into the center rail of the chassis.. these are printed in hard plastic.. (pla,abs,petg) what ever suits you..

The upper cover needs to be printed out of tpu for durability and so it can flex with the chassis.. I recommend a stiffer tpu, so no ninja flex.. but i suppose you could use that, but its thin and will be like a wet noodle..

Anyways here it is..

Attachments

• Screenshot_20191123-121747_Fusion 360.jpg
    Screenshot_20191123-121747_Fusion 360.jpg
    53.4 KB · Views: 43
  • Screenshot_20191123-121808_Fusion 360.jpg
    Screenshot_20191123-121808_Fusion 360.jpg
    62.8 KB · Views: 38
  • Screenshot_20191123-121824_Fusion 360.jpg
    Screenshot_20191123-121824_Fusion 360.jpg
    46.4 KB · Views: 43
  • Screenshot_20191123-121850_Fusion 360.jpg
    Screenshot_20191123-121850_Fusion 360.jpg
    49 KB · Views: 36
  • Screenshot_20191123-121903_Fusion 360.jpg
    Screenshot_20191123-121903_Fusion 360.jpg
    39.7 KB · Views: 39
Ok guys here it is... I will be uploading the file to thingiverse in the next day or so...

As you can see I designed plates that mount into the center rail of the chassis.. these are printed in hard plastic.. (pla,abs,petg) what ever suits you..

The upper cover needs to be printed out of tpu for durability and so it can flex with the chassis.. I recommend a stiffer tpu, so no ninja flex.. but i suppose you could use that, but its thin and will be like a wet noodle..

Anyways here it is..

Did you mean to post the .stl file and forgot or not there yet?

Lol... I'd be happy to make one for ya man.. just pay for plastic and shipping.. be glad to help out..

Thank you buddy. Let me know when you figure out how much that all will be and I'll take 2.

No problem at all... like I said I'd be glad to help... give me a few days, schedule is a little crazy lately...

Yes you can essentially print any stl on a resin printer, you can actually print more complicated things with finer details... the problem lies with the bed size, build volumes are typically very small on a resin based printer, and resin can get expensive in a hurry if it had a large build volume.. you also have to cure the resin with uv which can be a hassle, as well as needing an abundance of isopropyl alcohol to clean the prints..

They are nice for small things..

good to hear they arent useless.
Im pretty sure my wife got me a Photon for xmas.
should be good for small stuff for my race vehicles then, for like fan mounts and battery retainers, shock covers, and odds and ends like that.

good to hear they arent useless.
Im pretty sure my wife got me a Photon for xmas.
should be good for small stuff for my race vehicles then, for like fan mounts and battery retainers, shock covers, and odds and ends like that.

For sure! They are nice to have, and the photon would be the one I'd suggest to anyone that asked about them.. they print wonderfully when the slicer is just right.. crisp details, and strong prints...

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back