Infraction Will the new Hobbywing Ezrun 4990SD G2 1650kV fit?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I’d recommend the speed pinion right away if you don’t have like 20-22 to get you back to box stock speeds from the kV decrease. Obviously you can monitor temps and safeguards at the quick touch of a screen. Maybe start at 50-75 percent throttle as it will be an absolute animal and could get out of hand quickly if you’ve never bashed something of that magnitude..
Thanks for the advice. It will certainly be the fastest car I've owned. I will treat it with respect and err on the side of caution. While I am new to these land beast, I have years of an Rc Heli addiction under my belt. From 2006-2014 I was big into 700 series 3D heli flight. It just got too expensive after having kids so I stepped away from the hobby. I'm well aware of what can happen if respect is not a priority. Thanks again.

I’d recommend the speed pinion right away if you don’t have like 20-22 to get you back to box stock speeds from the kV decrease. Obviously you can monitor temps and safeguards at the quick touch of a screen. Maybe start at 50-75 percent throttle as it will be an absolute animal and could get out of hand quickly if you’ve never bashed something of that magnitude..

Went bashing once 30/40 on mine with no temp concerns but it’s winter here below freezing now.
Looked at the pinion options and was quite surprised at how many are available. Tried to load it into So Dialed app but the Felony is not supported. In your opinion do you think the 22T will bring it back to stock speed/power? I'm not too interested in top speed right now, just want to rip around a bit and not burn anything up.
It will be a lot slower compared to stock motor. You definitely want to up the pinion.
Which pinion would you recommend to bring it back to stock speed?

Last edited:
Looked at the pinion options and was quite surprised at how many are available. Tried to load it into So Dialed app but the Felony is not supported. In your opinion do you think the 22T will bring it back to stock speed/power? I'm not too interested in top speed right now, just want to rip around a bit and not burn anything up.

Which pinion would you recommend to bring it back to stock speed?
I agree with the 20 to 22t 😎 👍🏾

Do the proprietary arrma pinions fit HW motors?
Yep, that’s all I run. Not sure why they get docked on quality, outside of pebble/debris pinches I’ve had no issues with durability. Maybe they had a bad batch of material a time or two??

It fits. No shaving. 25 pinion w stock spur will blow out the foam inserts on 8s on stock tires. Lol. Seemed fine when dropped to 22t, but only a pack ran through them since..
20231213_220209.jpg

If you guys are still wondering if this kit fits in an infraction here it is it dose (bareley). You have to remove the side skirt and the front bumper-piece-thingy since it gets in the way when you shove it in. Yes the stock 17t Pinion works with it but nothing smaller. I will probably pinion up later. My wife got me the max6 4990 1650kv kit for a christmas present since it was in my wish list. I use this infraction as my drift machine/basher so it will be a lot of fun on 8s.

IMG_0113.jpg

IMG_0114.jpg

It fits. No shaving. 25 pinion w stock spur will blow out the foam inserts on 8s on stock tires. Lol. Seemed fine when dropped to 22t, but only a pack ran through them since..View attachment 337407
It's good to see that you can still fit a fan mount on this monster. I was wondering if there was enough room from the chassis to the bottom of the motor so your pic helps a lot.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back