X maxx killer on way

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I honestly wanted something entirely new. An oversized Kraton? Meh. I was hoping for a Monster Truck, which the Kraton is not. I'll buy it anyway though ?
I agree, but i think I'll get the Infraction first so i have some driving variety.

Well , for me , the Kraton 6s didn't entice me enough to want/buy one , so will have to wait and see what this next release is .
Really??? I mean.. To each their own but what didn't you like about the kraton 6sv4??
I
Just came across this. Can't wait to see some pics of it.
I think bicketybam predicted a large Kraton for this release.
I'm sure I'll be impressed as more news and pics come out but was honestly hoping for something new from Arrma for the xmaxx killer.
Glad to hear it's 8S though. Hopefully it's built to handle 8S in Arrma Tough tradition.

X2
What's the price point prediction? Xmaxx is what $899? The Mojave is $629. So Kraton 8S = $799...$849?
Agree.... Wish it was something different /new.kinda is I guess but need more information and pics.... Waiting... ?

Last edited:
Really??? I mean.. To each their own but what didn't you like about the kraton 6sv4??
I'll rephrase this , I didn't say it was bad , cause during my shopping I did consider it , then did the pros and cons for me on what order of Arrma rc's I would be buying. Arrma has a lot of vehicles , can't have them all , the thing that I wanted in off road rc cars/trucks was when you pull the trigger it would plant and go , and the Kraton just seemed like to much of a wheelie machine for my liking . ( my Erevo 6s was this way ) . So if it is a bigger one , unless something is drastic about it , it looks like I'd pass . I'd rather see the next release be a 1/5 monster truck .
So , would it be fun to own/drive all of the Arrma vehicles , of course , but not enough to drop the $$$$ to have them all .
Any 6s Arrma is a Xmax killer. I rather buy any Arrma over the x max.
And I'll agree with you and ad this , I bought my 8s Xmaxx long before I even knew what Arrma was , never broke it yet ( front bumper , body cracks ) , used it probably now less than a dozen times , but still won't sell it , but if I didn't own one , now that I know what I know , I wouldn't buy one . That thing was to much money , $1,200 all in to drive !!!!! And ad , won't buy anything ever again Traxxas . That's for a whole other explanation .

Last edited:
I don’t know if a 6S/8S rig that won’t wheelie. I mean you can thin out the center diff and let the power all bleed to the front.

I was in the process of deciding which new vehicle to purchase with my savings. Newly release losi or newly released Traxxas The Maxx. I’ll hold on but if I get a good deal I my have a moment of weakness and spend it all. I’m hoping Arrma announces it soon before i spend it all.
Arrma should know that the sooner they let us know what’s coming down the pike that would prevent some of us from spending our savings on a competitor And save our money for them.

I'll rephrase this , I didn't say it was bad , cause during my shopping I did consider it , then did the pros and cons for me on what order of Arrma rc's I would be buying. Arrma has a lot of vehicles , can't have them all , the thing that I wanted in off road rc cars/trucks was when you pull the trigger it would plant and go , and the Kraton just seemed like to much of a wheelie machine for my liking . ( my Erevo 6s was this way ) . So if it is a bigger one , unless something is drastic about it , it looks like I'd pass . I'd rather see the next release be a 1/5 monster truck .
So , would it be fun to own/drive all of the Arrma vehicles , of course , but not enough to drop the $$$$ to have them all .

And I'll agree with you and ad this , I bought my 8s Xmaxx long before I even knew what Arrma was , never broke it yet ( front bumper , body cracks ) , used it probably now less than a dozen times , but still won't sell it , but if I didn't own one , now that I know what I know , I wouldn't buy one . That thing was to much money , $1,200 all in to drive !!!!! And ad , won't buy anything ever again Traxxas . That's for a whole other explanation .
Ok I understand bro. I too got back into r/c buying the erevo 2.0 and the rustler. After hearing and now knowing about Arrma products I'm actually thinking of selling my traxxas rigs. Don't know if it would be worth it but still. I wanted the xmaxx but after the last month or so I'd rather buy something else. With that said... I really love the Arrma family and rigs so we'll see ???

Arrma can kill traxxas, traxxas is garbage and the xmaxx is a garbage pile
Out of the box yes cheese pinion and spur and diffs? Needs an improved esc. Body cant stay in you need tape to secure it and body don't last at all
But when upgraded yes but for the price of 999$ it should have been upgraded out of the box because the xmaxx is made of mostly plastic who is really cheap..

I am truly disappointed to hear it will be a 1/5 Kraton. Since I discovered Arrma I was waiting for a x-maxx killer, 1/5 8s monster truck. But a truggy? Meh... I'll keep dreaming of a 8s Granite I guess

IMG_20180212_194548515.jpg
when arrma grows up,ill be in.size matters to me,way more impressive then any little 1/10 scale with is great for younger generation wallet.

What do you mean something different it’s completely different it might just carry the kraton name.

What do you mean something different it’s completely different it might just carry the kraton name.
I want a monster truck and not a monster truggy. I don't want it to look like a Kraton, no matter what they call it.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back