You scared my kid....

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

trunkmonkey1

Very Active Member
Lifetime Premium!
Premium Member
ArrmaForum Fan
Build Thread Contributor
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. BigRock
  2. Fireteam
  3. Infraction
  4. Limitless
  5. Kraton 8S
  6. Kraton EXB
  7. Nero
  8. Outcast EXB
  9. Talion
  10. Talion EXB
  11. Typhon 6s
  12. Typhon TLR
So, I purchased several rc's from another member on here. All of them came in w/o issues, and they are all in one piece. With that being said, I received the last rc this morning. Why am I writing about it now? I told my daughter to pick up the box, and place it in the house. (I'm sitting in my Jeep outside the house) Not even 2 minutes later, she's yelling at me, and telling me that the box is BEEPING. I'm like WTF?! I tell her to take the box and bring it to me. Sure enough, its beeping. I know what the beeping is. My daughter is looking at me, and I see the look of fear in her eyes. "Dad, you think its a BOMB?!" No, it isn't a bomb. The remote was left on, or it bumped something in the box and got turned on.

I just wanted to add: @Rcproponent - If you sell another rc with a remote, can you PLEASE take the batteries out, before you ship it. haha

Thank you!

I wonder what the delivery driver thought..? Oh SH… 😳
🤣

Last edited:
So, I purchased several rc's from another member on here. All of them came in w/o issues, and they are all in one piece. With that being said, I received the last rc this morning. Why am I writing about it now? I told my daughter to pick up the box, and place it in the house. (I'm sitting in my Jeep outside the house) Not even 2 minutes later, she's yelling at me, and telling me that the box is BEEPING. I'm like WTF?! I tell her to take the box and bring it to me. Sure enough, its beeping. I know what the beeping is. My daughter is looking at me, and I see the look of fear in her eyes. "Dad, you think its a BOMB?!" No, it isn't a bomb. The remote was left on, or it bumped something in the box and got turned on.

I just wanted to add: @Rcproponent - If you sell another rc with a remote, can you PLEASE take the batteries out, before you ship it. haha

Thank you!
This exact scenario happened to me! Dx3? 😆

Spektrum, auto-turn-off feature please?
After 5Min of inactivity, turn off the dam TX.

And on/off button in the back (I.e. dx3) is a bad design (prone to turn on by accident…) IMO.

Thank you!
Oh jeez. Lol

Normally I always take the batteries out. I think I even had to put those in just to make sure things were paired before I sent it off.

Sorry for scaring your kid!

Spektrum, auto-turn-off feature please?
After 5Min of inactivity, turn off the dam TX.

And on/off button in the back (I.e. dx3) is a bad design (prone to turn on by accident…) IMO.

Respectfully, I think that's a bad idea. Or at least it needs to use a 1-hour timeout, or something like that.

If your failsafe is set wrong, the TX signal is what's preventing the model from doing something unexpected. If you put the TX down for a while, while changing batteries, it's Much Worse if I plug in a new battery, and the truck rips out of my hands, because the TX powered itself off.

I get what you're saying, but I think there are risks with potentially much-worse consequences than a dead TX battery.

Coming from aircraft, if a helicopter or plane started to spin unexpectedly, someone could get VERY badly hurt. Carbon fiber blades are no joke.

Oh jeez. Lol

Normally I always take the batteries out. I think I even had to put those in just to make sure things were paired before I sent it off.

Sorry for scaring your kid!
No problem bro. It gave me a good laugh. After I explained it to my daughter, she was relieved. She said, "boy dad, I thought we had to call the bomb squad." I laugh, and I tell her that she needs to stop watching so much tv. haha

No problem bro. It gave me a good laugh. After I explained it to my daughter, she was relieved. She said, "boy dad, I thought we had to call the bomb squad." I laugh, and I tell her that she needs to stop watching so much tv. haha
Well if it supplied laughter. I’m glad I goofed! 😂🤣

How old is your daughter? Mine is 6 and it sounds like something she’d say 😂🤣

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back