Felony šŸ PERFORMANCE LIMITLESS šŸ ā€œBugatti Bolideā€ BUILDā€¼ļø āš ļø MAJOR FABRICATIONāš ļø

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ARRMA-GETā€™M

Reaction score
A new 1:7 Bugatti Bolide build is coming to townā€¦ The body is by Performance Limitless and at the time of this post, most of their bodies are in prototype stages so they are not perfect. However they will need some TLC and modding to get the proper fitment and ride height and maybe even esthetics but they have the potential and they are made hard and tough.

I have 3 bodies from Performance Limitless and they differ in fitment and appearance but letā€™s just focus on the Bugatti Bolide build until itā€™s done, then we move to the next.

The playlist for the build series will be quite a few episodes so I will post photos on here, and each of the video episodes will be posted on YT and I will post that link on this forum.

There is soooo much that Iā€™m going to be doing to this Bugatti Bolide body like cutting vents and chopping off sections šŸ˜±.. particularly to MAKE it fit how I want it to, but thatā€™s just my preference, and the other reason is to make the 1:7 Bugatti Bolide body from Performance Limitless to look as real as possible and as identical to the real thing as possible.

I got a 1:18 scale die cast model car of the Bugatti Bolide so that I could get up close and personal with the dimensions and geometry.

Iā€™ve said enough this should get the point across, so here are some photosā€¦ it might take a couple days to catch-up with uploading all the photos to current day! ENJOY šŸ˜‰

IMG_5502.jpeg

IMG_5503.jpeg

IMG_5504.jpeg

IMG_5497.jpeg

IMG_5495.jpeg

phonto.jpeg

phonto.jpeg

More progress..
Cutting
More cutting and chopping

IMG_5760.jpeg

IMG_5762.jpeg

IMG_5761.jpeg

IMG_5778.jpeg

IMG_5769.jpeg

IMG_5791.jpeg

IMG_5784.jpeg

IMG_5928.jpeg

IMG_6015.jpeg

IMG_6016.jpeg

IMG_6031.jpeg

IMG_6032.jpeg

IMG_6033.jpeg

IMG_6044.jpeg

IMG_6057.jpeg

IMG_6058.jpeg

IMG_6062.jpeg

IMG_6067.jpeg

IMG_6069.jpeg

IMG_6071.jpeg

IMG_6074.jpeg

IMG_6107.jpeg

IMG_6109.jpeg

IMG_6137.jpeg

IMG_6139.jpeg

IMG_6142.jpeg

IMG_6172.jpeg

IMG_6173.jpeg

IMG_6174.jpeg

IMG_6175.jpeg

The body is getting lighter and lighter with every cut and I have not even trimmed the body yet. Itā€™s already a thick shell so itā€™s not flimsy, itā€™s STILL got some rigidity. Iā€™m still going to reinforce the body from inside once I get to that decision. There will be the use of carbon fiber and multiple other building materials and hardware and accessories. Iā€™m going to try and outdo my SKYRIDER build which has about 20 modifications, half of those serve for a function and I want the Bugatti Bolide to be as unique or better.

The first video upload will be cunning out soon this August!

Last edited:
Certainly will become a nice body!

All the vents in the front will make it less suitable for high speeds as in catching air and flip over, damaging the body.
I assume you will use it for streetbashing?
We will see what happens. Right now in chilling in the 94mph range and thatā€™s due to space in Miami Fl and also bcs I donā€™t want to get too invested in speed running bcs itā€™s only appealing to the viewers if iā€™m going as fast as everybody else or faster and that is an expensive goal šŸ’øšŸ¤‘.. so Iā€™ll leave speed running to the pros šŸ’Ŗ.. right now, the skyline build on the limitless platform, and the Felony, that Iā€™m converting to a Bugatti, both run and are geared for 100 miles an hour and I reach 94 miles an hour on both due to space limitation in Miami Florida. But I am much more interested in building and fabricating. I love modifying these cars because at heart I am an auto body paint technician and that is what Iā€™ve been doing my entire life. In the end, I do intend on running 6S on the Bugatti and attempting wide-open throttle, which gets me around 75 miles an hour. I would hate for the body to catch air and flip over. That would be a disaster. After all the hard work put into it, and it definitely would not make the company look good šŸ˜ so Iā€™m going to make sure that either the wind is being directed away from areas that can pick up the car, or make passageways to allow the wind to pass through the car and exit from the rear.

So now this is where things get interesting for people and exciting for mešŸ˜ because now I am challenged with having to design real arrow dynamics that work and my viewers are going to be expecting the car to either run great or go flying with
the birdsšŸ¦…šŸ’Ø.. if I were to show you right now, just how much more material has been cut from the body, you would probably say to meā€¦ Hell nahšŸ˜† I could blow my nose with what is left of that body. Letā€™s see what happens though.
Sub'd to see More!
šŸ‘Š
Youā€™re the MANšŸ™šŸ™šŸ«µ.. thatā€™s the stuff right there! That is the kind of stuff that drives these builds and takes them to their highest level achieved. Thank you.
I will compare the final product with my lego bugatti bolide.
Do you mean aesthetic wise or in comparison at the 1/7 scale Bugatti will collapse just like the Lego model in a crash lol? The bodyā€˜s actually pretty tough itā€™s made of PETG plastic and is as thick as the Felony body after cutting it up as much as I did, it became less rigid, but because I am also trimming and cutting this body, so that it hugs the chassis, nice and tight, there is actually no flex in the body wants. It is sitting on the chassis. I am still prepared to create reinforcements for the body, either from carbon fiber, PVC expanded foam board or by using the same PETG plastic spare pieces that are cut off from trimming the body. If I half to buy PETG plastic or carbon fiber, I am going to be sharing the product links for everything going into this build on the common section of every video. If I cannot make something out of carbon fiber, I will wrap it in carbon fiber.

Last edited:

Nice solution for the rear body mounts with your custom bracket extension!

Man, that's a whole lot of work to trim out all those inlets and exhaust ports on the body.. Great job though šŸ‘
Looks Fantastic!!

Man, that's a whole lot of work to trim out all those inlets and exhaust ports on the body.. Great job though šŸ‘
Looks Fantastic!!
Thank you so muchā€¦. Content creating is just as hard as doing the RC hobby so in a whole itā€™s more challenging. It would be so much easier to just finish the project in my own privacy and just presenting the finished product but then Iā€™m not doing any good for the rc community. Hopefully once the Bugatti Bolide project is completed I could get some recognition for my channel and help me each monetization. Thank you for your kind words and support!šŸ™šŸ™šŸ«µ

PART TWOā€¦..!
Made the cutā€¦ ordered a 1mm lexan coming Friday.. as apposed to the 1.5mm lexan I ordered previously. Just easier to work with.

Attachments

• IMG_8088.jpeg
    IMG_8088.jpeg
    457.1 KB · Views: 27
  • IMG_8087.jpeg
    IMG_8087.jpeg
    388.7 KB · Views: 35
  • IMG_8086.jpeg
    IMG_8086.jpeg
    388.9 KB · Views: 33
  • IMG_8085.jpeg
    IMG_8085.jpeg
    408.9 KB · Views: 27
  • IMG_8084.jpeg
    IMG_8084.jpeg
    404.8 KB · Views: 31
Last edited:
Certainly will become a nice body!

All the vents in the front will make it less suitable for high speeds as in catching air and flip over, damaging the body.
I assume you will use it for streetbashing?
ā€¦ yea youā€™re totally right about speed running and all these vents Iā€™m opening up. But you know that feeling of REALLY wanting to do something knowing the consequences but it seems so unfair that you do it anyways and with the ambitions of preventing the inevitable šŸ§?.. I think that the added anticipation is where the thrill comes in and beating the odds gives me the incentive.
But bashing? uh no šŸ˜ for bashing I wouldnā€™t go any further than a killer paint job with led all over but never any mods that would be unrepairable or costly or too fragile, like not built for the wear n tear.

The next body will be the D1 from Performance Limitless (PL).. technically, it utilizes 4 functional aero air breaks. They are servo operated as expected. But there are NOOO instructions or ZILCH! Only 4 panels that still need serious fabrication before you can even attempt its fitment to the body. So Iā€™m already expecting to ā€œremakeā€ those air brake panels out of actual carbon fiber and not expanded board like Iā€™ve been doing just bcs it wonā€™t be exp for the amount of carbon plus I find it necessary. That body wonā€™t be needing all the kind of cutting like the Bugatti but there is ONE THING that the D1 body needs that I will be doing with pleasure and itā€™s to perform a similar cut along the entire side (passenger/driver) in order to create the counter sunk design on the rear quarters that is found on the digital image render, but that aspect of the cars design is not on the body for some apparent reason. So the D1 build is expected to be far less complex. But that can still change.
Thank you for the support šŸ¤™
I will compare the final product with my lego bugatti bolide.
Hello again.., please feel free to share that photo on here. Iā€™m intrigued šŸ˜Ž
This sounds epic, love the idea of a highly detailed Bug šŸ‘ŒšŸ»
Thanks for the inspiration! It will go a long wayšŸ‘ŒšŸ‘Œ
Sub'd to see More!
šŸ‘Š
šŸ‘šŸ‘šŸ‘šŸ™šŸ«µšŸ˜ŽšŸ˜Ž

Looks Fantastic!!
Thanks again, Iā€™ve been cutting and grinding and measuring for two months. Sometimes my mind just freezes and shuts down but when that happens, I just try to make a video with what I have so far and eventually all the support and inspiration that comes in its enough to hit the refresh button and turn the page. After releasing (part 2) I was able to do so and I took the leap of faith and performed that intimidating cut on both sides so that I can start making those technical body lines that the Bolide has.

IMG_8084.jpeg

Last edited:
I've been following your build on the forum and I'm subscribed to your YT channel. I came across a part that seems like it could be an interesting fit for your build. It's a front wing mount from a company in the UK. I just ordered one and once I got it in hand it sort of reminded me of the front of your build. Looks like something that could fit underneath your body and with some slight modification would look perfect to fill in the open area on the front. I can take some pics of a build I'm using it on so you can get an idea of how it fits.

https://www.skookumrc.com/product/a...d-aero-downforce-limitless-front-nose-spoiler

I've been following your build on the forum and I'm subscribed to your YT channel. I came across a part that seems like it could be an interesting fit for your build. It's a front wing mount from a company in the UK. I just ordered one and once I got it in hand it sort of reminded me of the front of your build. Looks like something that could fit underneath your body and with some slight modification would look perfect to fill in the open area on the front. I can take some pics of a build I'm using it on so you can get an idea of how it fits.

https://www.skookumrc.com/product/a...d-aero-downforce-limitless-front-nose-spoiler
Hey thanks man that looks sick!! Thatā€™s how they should have made the nose for the V2 limitless am I right lolšŸ‘ŒšŸ‘Œ.. BTW thanks for mentioning your support that means a lot bcs sometimes I have to question my šŸ¤” sanity on this build. I got a pile of random parts, all digital and or technology based that I want to incorporate into the build and itā€™s looking like a science project lol. I just painted the Bugatti Bolide body this wknd and it came out just like my photo shop color renderšŸ˜.. now Iā€™ve got to wrap the black portions of the body in carbon fiber so thatā€™s going to be 100% new to me, donā€™t know what to expect but I wonā€™t give up until itā€™s right. Itā€™s been a month since my last update and I apologize to the community for the slow monthly uploads but, weā€™re finally getting to the point where I can upload updates much sooner because the critical portions of the build are almost done with. In a bit I will start to upload all my progress from last monthā€™s work onto my existing build thread!šŸ‘šŸ‘šŸ˜
Here are the latest updates from this past month's progress and what is to come..šŸ˜
IMG_8323.jpeg

More stuff from October..
IMG_8346.jpeg

IMG_8126.jpeg

IMG_8156.jpeg

IMG_8161.jpeg

IMG_8172.jpeg

IMG_8349.jpeg

IMG_8347.jpeg

IMG_8346.jpeg

IMG_8345.jpeg

Last edited:
Also working on a flame blower, this photo is just demonstrating if the 90% alcohol will do (IT WILL DOšŸ˜) and testing various ways of ignition.. there is also a 40x40mm fan inside the cylinder to make sure the flame goes one directionā€¦ there ended up being much more to this than I thought so Iā€™ll have to explain it in the next video upload along with the parts that I finally narrowed down as best options for reliability.
IMG_8556.jpeg

IMG_8534.jpeg

Made a custom BUGATTI projector that I want to fit into the Bugatti Bolide rc build. I made sure to photoshop the heck out of the image so that the projector image gets made as crispy and saturated as possible. If I cannot find the video and photos I took of it once I received the item, you guys will still definitely be seeing it regardless..
phonto.jpeg

IMG_9160.jpeg

Attachments

• IMG_8699.jpeg
    IMG_8699.jpeg
    282.4 KB · Views: 25
  • IMG_8698.jpeg
    IMG_8698.jpeg
    293.5 KB · Views: 19
  • IMG_8694.jpeg
    IMG_8694.jpeg
    507.6 KB · Views: 20
  • phonto.jpeg
    phonto.jpeg
    621.8 KB · Views: 22
  • IMG_8264.jpeg
    IMG_8264.jpeg
    37.8 KB · Views: 27
  • phonto.jpeg
    phonto.jpeg
    385.4 KB · Views: 18
  • phonto.jpeg
    phonto.jpeg
    386.4 KB · Views: 24
  • phonto.jpeg
    phonto.jpeg
    534.9 KB · Views: 21
  • IMG_9161.jpeg
    IMG_9161.jpeg
    267.7 KB · Views: 23
  • IMG_9162.jpeg
    IMG_9162.jpeg
    251.1 KB · Views: 22
Last edited:
Yesā€¦ it will have sound!ā€¦.. BUT mainly for engine sounds! This is a mini bass shaker or exciter made by Dayton Audio and itā€™s awesome!ā€¦ it turns the entire body into a speaker and itā€™s super loud and realistic sounding bcs of all the resonance. I will also be powering it with a 200W mini amp Bluetooth board and Iā€™m building an enclosure thatā€™ll be mated to the body underneath. Nowā€¦ā€¦.. although there already exists the steam Associated engine simulator, it only sounds good at idle and partial throttle, so raving it up sounds cheesy, so Iā€™m going to try and utilize this REVHEADZ app engine simulator because it sounds SOOOO darn good and there are many realistic vehicle sounds to choose. I will have to purchase a
ā€œMP3 playback moduleā€ and I will have to program these engine sounds into various channels and assign each channel to a specific throttle point so that the MP3 playback module can instantly select the assigned channel to that given throttle point and play the engine sound that was recorded at a given rpm range so that as the throttle curve progresses, the corresponding channel will play the audio file of the engineā€™s rpm progressively. This will obviously be programmed to respond to PWM signal.

There is ALSO a whole other board known as a ā€œvoice recognition/synthesizerā€ so that I can make the Bugatti Bolide respond to commends with out the use of PWM signal but I will save that for the video upload and will go into depth once the body is more or less complete.

IMG_8373.jpeg

IMG_9163.jpeg

IMG_9164.jpeg

This is the photo shop color render I did as the example for the paintjob I wanted for the Bugatti Bolide rc body made by Performance Limitless.
IMG_9137.jpeg

And here is how the paintjob turned outšŸ‘ŒšŸ”„šŸ« šŸŽļøā€¦ alright guys Iā€™ve just posted tons of photos from the month of October so letā€™s not get too far ahead before the following video upload comes out, which should be pretty soon! So please stick around for the supportšŸ’Ŗā€¦ itā€™s because of you that this project exists!šŸ«µ
IMG_9111.jpeg

IMG_9111.jpeg

THIS VIEW IS OF THE (UNDERSIDE)
AND HERE IS THE BODY FROM THE TOP AFTER REMOVING THE MASKING.
I will explain in depth the steps I took in order to be able to light it up theBugatti body like this. Iā€™ll go into depth with all of the above in the upcoming video guysšŸ«µšŸ«µšŸ˜šŸ« 
IMG_9141.jpeg

Attachments

• IMG_9141.jpeg
    IMG_9141.jpeg
    206.9 KB · Views: 21
Last edited:
IMG_9165.jpeg

So yes it was sealed with white as you see it lighted upā€¦ but itā€™s a special mixture of white, mixed the same way that the colors were mixed in order to transform them into a translucent paint pigment.. so yes I will explain and show my process in the upcoming video uploadšŸ™šŸ«µšŸŽ¬

Watching with great interest! :cool::D(y)
Love the Bugatti body.
Thanks man, itā€™s sure coming out well!! I love the paint job too, came out just like the photo shop render I did.. next is to carbon wrap the body minus the blended colors. The wrap will give it support and adding 1.5mm lexan walls to the existing .75mm body walls is going to make it overbuilt and after adding some flush mounted support panels to give the model design the realism that Iā€™m going for. Iā€™ll attempt 100mph again on this platform that I did with the Felony, but not that I have this UNPREDICTABLE customā€™d out Bugatti Bolide by
Performance Limitless..,šŸ¤” Iā€™ll definitely be taking those odds very seriouslyšŸ§. I just ordered TWO different rc engine simulators for the Bugatti, and I also ordere d a digital multi stage mp3 module and some other random relays and mosfets!!šŸ˜Ž. Oh well k Iā€™m starting to talk too much again but Iā€™m comparing the two units, theā€¦.
(ESS one) & (G.T. Power) engine sound simulations. Even taking a look inside too and see what it made of and if all feel itā€™s worth itšŸ’ø and we are ALSO going to look at MY ā€œhi-techā€ REALISTIC engine sim., or actually might want to call it a ā€œstandaloneā€ multi channel simulator., nah nah more like a standalone ecu for brushless systems.
It donā€™t exist yet, untill I finish mine and put it to good use in the custom Bugatti Bolide.
Update: itā€™s coming nice, the blue limeaid
This sounds epic, love the idea of a highly detailed Bug šŸ‘ŒšŸ»
The Bugatti Bolide body got painted with a
Skyblue berry-limeaid bubblegum grape blend.

Last edited:
Back