4s Lipos

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Harriot10

Speed runner with a learner’s permit 🤣
Premium Member
Build Thread Contributor
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. BigRock 4x4
  2. Felony
  3. Granite
  4. Infraction
  5. Kraton 8S
  6. Kraton 6s
  7. Kraton EXB
  8. Outcast 6s
  9. Typhon 6s
I’m looking to buy a a couple of 4s lipos for my rigs that I just installed the blx120/2400kv combo in. What are you all running? My local hobby shop swears by gensacearespammers. Are they really worth the money or should I go with a less expensive brand sold on amazon or eBay. Thanks

I’m looking to buy a a couple of 4s lipos for my rigs that I just installed the blx120/2400kv combo in. What are you all running? My local hobby shop swears by gensacearespammers. Are they really worth the money or should I go with a less expensive brand sold on amazon or eBay. Thanks
I have both SMC and Dynamite. The Dynamite are my favs.

SMC, HRB, Ovonic, Youme, Goldbat. All work fine for me.

SMC is the most well constructed, but that's not to say the others are falling apart.

I ordered the socokin 4S 5200mah 50c for $42. It comes tomorrow. I have a socokin 6s 4000 mah 80c I got for my Kraton. I’ve used it about a dozen times so far. I’m happy with it. It’s better and runs longer than my awanfi 6s 5000mah and is smaller

I ordered a couple of zop lipos on banggood they were real cheap and run good!
1583378812220.png

Does anybody use two 2s batteries?

I use two 2s Zeee 5200mah batteries to run 4s (I soldered on XT90s). It can be a cheap option to try.

I have spektrum 5000mah, gensacearespammers 7500mah, and SMC 8000mah (SMC is on the way).

I really love the gensacearespammers packs, but two of them are bulging at the center seem from getting too hot, lol.

I got the 8000s hoping to squize more runtime out of my rig.

This is a really good battery on the cheap. I likes it a lot. Hard case, EC5 connector, what more could you ask for. Fits perfectly in my Typhon and KraTon 4S. $48.99

HOOVO 4S 14.8V 5200mAh 50C RC LiPo Battery Hard Case with EC5 Connector for RC Buggy Truggy Crawler Monster Car Boat Truck https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07RR9Y1PP/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_api_i_xwhyEbP76P86G
I have a You&Me 6s pack and it's very big in size but sure enough it really rips. surprised me and was cheap at Amazon
I have two You&Me 2’s. Had them for a year absolutely no complaints. Except for the weird name.
I just ordered two HRB 4S 5000mah packs for $47 using my Amazon points and they also had a $6 coupon.

View attachment 68324
View attachment 68325
I have one of these in a 3s flavor. So far no complaints.

Last edited:
What run times do you guys get on 4s packs at 5000 ish mah? Specifically wondering from those running a Kraton or Outcast 4s. I just upgraded to the esc/motor that comes in those on my granite but have 2x2s packs but thinking about getting some dedicated 4s bricks and not sure if I should get a larger mAh than 5000 ish.

Last edited:
I’m getting great run times out of the 5200 mah 4s packs in my Kraton 4s. I have the BLX120 in my Typhon 3S too. I would say a good 20-30 mins of hard running.

Awesome thanks. I was debating getting a 7000-7500mah brick but 20-30 mins is about what I want so looks like I don't have to go that big.

What run times do you guys get on 4s packs at 5000 ish mah? Specifically wondering from those running a Kraton or Outcast 4s. I just upgraded to the esc/motor that comes in those on my granite but have 2x2s packs but thinking about getting some dedicated 4s bricks and not sure if I should get a larger mAh than 5000 ish.
I run 5000 4S packs and usually get at least 20 mins. I can get 30 if I drive with discipline.

I run 5000 4S packs and usually get at least 20 mins. I can get 30 if I drive with discipline.
What C rating minimum? I was thinking 50c but maybe 35c would be fine? My 2s and 3s packs are 80c but maybe it's overkill?

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back