Ah, jeez. Here we go…

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Dan B.

Area man
Lifetime Premium!
Premium Member
ArrmaForum Fan
Hospitality Award
Rig of the Month Winner
Build Thread Contributor
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Fireteam
  2. Granite
  3. Limitless
  4. Mojave EXB
  5. Notorious
  6. Outcast 6s
  7. Typhon 6s
My wife called in sick this morning after waking up feeling like dookie. After feeling even worse over the course of the day she just did a test and came up positive for Covid. Happy New Year! 🙄
I’m still negative and have since banished the disease ridden wench to the guest room.
Just kidding, I love her the most and hope it doesn’t develop into a nasty case. Fingers crossed.🤞

Damn CCPvirus!
That's a Big Debbie Downer to start off the New Year..

Fingers crossed and Positive Energy sent your way!
Hope your wife gets to feeling Better Soon and recovers 100% ,ASAP.

People are still believing in the covid hoax? Crazy...
Covid has taken two I’ve known so far, both elderly, and sickened many others I’ve known. Need to have a loved one die before you start thinking for yourself? You one of those Flat Earth, tinfoil hat types? Interweb much?

My dad swears by onions, garlic, and ginger to feel better. He was sick a few weeks ago and he texted me saying "Just made an onion sandwich" :ROFLMAO: Some old world mumbo jumbo but I am sure it has some truth to it
I absolutely believe that to be true. AirBorne and Zicam (loads of zinc and vitamin C) also most definitely shorten the duration of colds. Garlic and Ginger as well, sort of the old world approach that has worked for generations.

My wife called in sick this morning after waking up feeling like dookie. After feeling even worse over the course of the day she just did a test and came up positive for Covid. Happy New Year! 🙄
I’m still negative and have since banished the disease ridden wench to the guest room.
Just kidding, I love her the most and hope it doesn’t develop into a nasty case. Fingers crossed.🤞
That can be a little scary. Covid is usually mild but can be unpredictable. Hope y’all get through it quickly.
Covid has taken two I’ve known so far, both elderly, and sickened many others I’ve known. Need to have a loved one die before you start thinking for yourself? You one of those Flat Earth, tinfoil hat types? Interweb much?
Covid took out a 50 year old neighbor of ours. Otherwise healthy. Sole provider for the family and they had to move after he died. It’s sad to see it hit close to home.

A co-worker of my sister's, caught covid and didn't make it.
That was two years ago.
He was only 36.

There's a new strain going around - JN.1
So, it's not to be taken lightly.

Sorry to hear that fam. Keep her hydrated, and you and her will be in my prayers. ✌🏻
People are still believing in the covid hoax? Crazy...
I’ve lost people very close to me to that virus. It is a very real thing. My cousin was 37 and in perfect health. My neighbor was a very active, healthy man. Believe what you want to, it’s your right. But maybe show a little more sensitivity to folks who are dealing with it, and those who have lost loved ones to it.

Last edited:
Sorry to hear that fam. Keep her hydrated, and you and her will be in my prayers. ✌🏻

I’ve lost people very close to me to that virus. It is a very real thing. My cousin was 37 and in perfect health. My neighbor was a very active, healthy man. Believe what you want to, it’s your right. But maybe show a little more sensitivity to folks who are dealing with it, and those who have lost loved ones to it.
Hope you all get well & stay well. I've had C x2 in last 2 years & fluB about 3 months ago. It's awful & Flu-B was horrible. Prayers brother
All get well soon man! That stuff is horrible. Eat mandarin oranges.

Hope she gets better sooner than later ,and I hope you don't get it .start poping 1000 mg of vitamin c..boost your immunity.Everyone around me has caught COVID and I'm still a COVID virgin 🤷 .last year we had 35 people get sick in my dept at work .people I see and talk to everyday .got tested for two weeks straight and for some strange reason my tests were allways negative.and im not a mask person . don't believe in them at all.anyways hope all goes well soon bud.
My dad swears by onions, garlic, and ginger to feel better. He was sick a few weeks ago and he texted me saying "Just made an onion sandwich" :ROFLMAO: Some old world mumbo jumbo but I am sure it has some truth to it
Your dad is a smart guy..onions ,garlick,and Ginger are very very good for you but not for your breath 🤣🤣🤣

Last edited:
Sure hope the wife feels better soon Dan. You have probably been infected already unfortunately. Good news is the latest variants are not as severe. Paula and I both had the delta variant together. Hit me a lot harder than her. If not for her being a nurse and helping me, I'm not sure I would be here today. Anyone that thinks covid is a hoax has definitely not had it YET!

Hope she gets better sooner than later ,and I hope you don't get it .start poping 1000 mg of vitamin c..boost your immunity.Everyone around me has caught COVID and I'm still a COVID virgin 🤷 .last year we had 35 people get sick in my dept at work .people I see and talk to everyday .got tested for two weeks straight and for some strange reason my tests were allways negative.and im not a mask person . don't believe in them at all.anyways hope all goes well soon bud.

Your dad is a smart guy..onions ,garlick,and Ginger are very very good for you but not for your breath 🤣🤣🤣
Thank you, sir. I’m doing Airborne and Zicam and hope I don’t get it. I’m sleeping in the guest room tonight. 👍
Sure hope the wife feels better soon Dan. You have probably been infected already unfortunately. Good news is the latest variants are not as severe. Paula and I both had the delta variant together. Hit me a lot harder than her. If not for her being a nurse and helping me, I'm not sure I would be here today. Anyone that thinks covid is a hoax has definitely not had it YET!
Thank you. I’ll test again tomorrow, for now I’m still negative. My wife is a few years younger than me, and fit, and actually pretty hot! 😊 I hope she has a mild case! She’s a keeper, man…

That's a suckie way to start the New Year. Hoping for a speedy recovery for your wife and Dan stay safe and healthy.

Why bother wasting money testing for the latest flu variant?

So @Dan B. any update on how its going in your house? How's the wife doing? You staying healthy?
Well, my wife has been doing that antiviral scrip for the last three days and today she’s actually feeling a lot better! We’re still pretty much isolated from each other, I have the downstairs and she has the upstairs. The pets wander at will. 😊 So far I ain’t caught sh’t. 🤞
Thanks for asking, and the silver lining is that my RC workspace is downstairs, and I’ve had more fun than usual in there this week. 🙄😊

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back