All new Traxxas Maxx.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Haven't watched it, but after seeing many of your others, I subscribed. I do enjoy your videos.

Definitely got some hater comments on there already! Would probably make that John guy cry if I mentioned that I have 2 of the 2.4ghz tqi systems in a bucket in my closet that I took off brand new trucks and never used. :LOL: :
Wanna get rid of one I can use a back up as my futuba receiver crapped out on me

Wanna get rid of one I can use a back up as my futuba receiver crapped out on me
Who needs a radio? :ROFLMAO:

15720524677976549275610758284968.jpg

Working on a comparison review between the Kraton and Maxx and I honestly don't know which I think is better. Never had this problem before, they are very, very close.

LKR, whatever happened to BnD?
I spoke with Jason from Traxxas about another topic. Then I brought up the price reduction on a few models and what was coming up aka NEW. Long story short he said that the Maxx was their flagship model that will seal the deal and keep Traxxas on top. For what its worth, I don't know about all that. I've only ever owned 1 Traxxas, its a Tmaxx 2.5 that's over 11 years old. I'm a fan boy of whatever I'm into at the moment.
Is this Traxxas copying Arrma?
Uhhh nah!

Last edited:
I should turn off email notifications i think now from youtube because some called nobody no one cant stop telling to people that people not liking the maxx price that they are wrong and non sense. Some people think the price of maxx is justified and thats fine but when someone tell their opinion this guy just has to make them be wrong with is list of facts.
IMG_0962.PNG

This dude is a god

Last edited:
I just want to know why the Maxx 4s isnt for sale online? Seems you can only get it in store. Not like I am going to go buy one I just think its weird.

I just want to know why the Maxx 4s isnt for sale online? Seems you can only get it in store. Not like I am going to go buy one I just think its weird.
I've read somewhere that Traxxas want's their customer's to buy from their authorized dealers and want's to do away with online sales. Even read where someone said they want their customer's to buy directly from them. How true or not, I don't know. If they are not currently available online, maby in time they will be.

Maybe because the 4s is still on pre-order? You can buy the X Maxx directly from the Traxxas website. I ordered some nitro parts directly through them a month ago.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20191028-083619_Chrome.jpg
    Screenshot_20191028-083619_Chrome.jpg
    243.2 KB · Views: 19
I've read somewhere that Traxxas want's their customer's to buy from their authorized dealers and want's to do away with online sales. Even read where someone said they want their customer's to buy directly from them. How true or not, I don't know. If they are not currently available online, maby in time they will be.

This is my understanding too. They've gotten into fights with multiple online retailers through the years (Tower, Amain?) and now that Horizon owns Arrma, I'm sure they're not too keen on supplying them with trucks, at least until supply has caught up to demand.

But I'm also not seeing as much demand for this truck as I would have expected. I think the high price is part of it, or maybe the industry is slowing down.

Well, here it is. My full and honest opinion on the Traxxas Maxx. Heads-up comparison with the Kraton 4S will be next.

I liked the review, I would however argue the value points. Every company is out for profit, and Arrma is charging less for their Kraton 4s due to it being a 90% parts bin truck. Arrma recouped their investment with all of the different iterations of the 3s lines.

One thing you didn’t mention because you don’t own one is the Proline ProMT 4x4. I can tell you that this truck is possibly not as tough out of the box as the Maxx, but it is a beautiful 4s truck that will out perform the others. It will also run you about the same as the maxx after you add electronics like the blx185 and basic rx, if not cheaper.

I liked the review, I would however argue the value points. Every company is out for profit, and Arrma is charging less for their Kraton 4s due to it being a 90% parts bin truck. Arrma recouped their investment with all of the different iterations of the 3s lines.

One thing you didn’t mention because you don’t own one is the Proline ProMT 4x4. I can tell you that this truck is possibly not as tough out of the box as the Maxx, but it is a beautiful 4s truck that will out perform the others. It will also run you about the same as the maxx after you add electronics like the blx185 and basic rx, if not cheaper.

Thanks. I made a conscious decision not to discuss the one-time investment costs with these vehicles, partly because I don't know what they are (nor do consumers care) nor their capital recovery schedule, but also because companies like Traxxas still charge the same amount for cars and trucks they designed 20 years ago. So at the end of the day, it's only the rough per unit costs that I take into account.

The Pro-MT is a cool truck, and I have a fellow RC YouTube friend who owns one. I was thinking about getting one when they dropped to $300, but passed for now. I'm going to sell one of my 4S monster trucks, the one that loses the comparison. :)

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back