All new Traxxas Maxx.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I actually own an erevo 2.0 and love it. But it's not an Arrma product... That only just learned about. I'll post more about this after I read the rest of the thread??

I had one too and I did love driving it on the ground. I like the way it handles. My jumps sucked but I was new. Maybe today I'd be better with it because I'm better at driving and preventing breaks every day. I sold it for $375 with upgrades while I was hot on Arrma with a new Talion ... and now with many Arrma models, feel loyal to the brand that learned me so much. ??

Ok... I've been a fanboy I guess of traxxas products until I recently heard of Arrma products. I've been out of R/C for nearly over 15 years. I was only into nitro trucks. I love electric now and just bought a rustler 4x4 vxl and an erevo 2.0. I love both of them. Then bought an Arrma kraton?. I'm currently building it to be a serious basher as I will just upgrade the traxxas stuff as stuff breaks (except for the limiting straps I've installed on the erevo to keep from having Rod ends blow off) I'd like to get an xmaxx but only after I get a talion, typhon and maybe an outcast all 6s. Might need a good divorce attorney though!! ??? the maxx looks good but you'd need to do upgrades for some things. Just my 2cents??
I had one too and I did love driving it on the ground. I like the way it handles. My jumps sucked but I was new. Maybe today I'd be better with it because I'm better at driving and preventing breaks every day. I sold it for $375 with upgrades while I was hot on Arrma with a new Talion ... and now with many Arrma models, feel loyal to the brand that learned me so much. ??
I hear ya brother.... I'm loving the Arrma family as well. I'm not new to R/C but just got back into it ??
I don't hate the brand i just don't like their price point and when i mention that people directly think its fanboy based:/ the only traxxas i would buy would be the revo 2.0 personally
I agree and it's a great truck! But for serious bashing my Arrma (soon to be plural) will be my go to vehicles ???

Last edited:
He put up a new show to direct away from the initial show. He specifically speaks of the diffs. He wants comments saying "it's not worth the $" to migrate to this new small video instead of his sponsored show.

Sorry but this rant is going to focus a lot on the price of this.

Don't get me wrong it looks like a big step in the right direction compared to their previous lineup of vehicles, but that price point just doesn't make sense to me as I stated above. That is what kills it for me is the price. I would like to have one just to see how it does but I just can't do it when there are vehicles that are bigger, faster and 6s capable that are the same price or less than this.

Sorry but this rant is going to focus a lot on the price of this.

Don't get me wrong it looks like a big step in the right direction compared to their previous lineup of vehicles, but that price point just doesn't make sense to me as I stated above. That is what kills it for me is the price. I would like to have one just to see how it does but I just can't do it when there are vehicles that are bigger, faster and 6s capable that are the same price or less than this.

Understood. I call it value. I'll spend whatever as long as it returns value and fun. If this truck is worth the $; I hope so. I can't blame so many for suggesting it's over-priced when I know and own what works for less or the same.

I guess they are. lol. For some reason I think $600 for 6s Arrma. Rofl. Now I'm thinking about the Special Edition again.... $600+ sticks in my mind.

keep the motor and lipo out, remove the tires, and throw the rest away.

This is what I wanted to say. lol
Lol Traxxas increased the price of the E-Revo and XMaxx, $599.99 and $929.99 now.

Meh, I'll wait a year and buy it as a roller for half the cost so I don't have to deal with the traxxas electronics. I've almost pulled the pin on a used emaxx a few times, but it still had the flawed bulkhead/hingepin setup that they have all but eradicated in the e-revo and xmaxx platform. I had to deal with those issues far too long on the old t-maxx. On 4S, as long as I didn't land on full throttle, the erevo sliders held up for me for a year of hard running. Diffs did fine too. Shave some weight, give me a more typical suspension and I wouldn't mind replacing my stampede with it. Just seems odd that they put a 4S system in a truck that size.

You guys are harsh. Lol. I'm definitely buying the crap outta this thing and looking very much forward to it. ?
Tell us how it goes maybe if it does surprising well and doesn't need upgrades at all then we can talk say the price is reasonable but for now i know it needs driveshaft and an upgraded traxxas servo and alluminum hexes

He put up a new show to direct away from the initial show. He specifically speaks of the diffs. He wants comments saying "it's not worth the $" to migrate to this new small video instead of his sponsored show.

I understand that this video promotes RC in general. But there is little value here for this Maxx at any price. IMO. This thread SUCKS.:ROFLMAO:

The only 2 things I see that they did right on this one was getting away from that 3500kv Velineon motor.
Glad to see a 2400kv with heatsink/fan and the weight rating under 10 lbs will be good for this sort of truck.

With that said the rest is typical Traxxas. I cant believe they are going with plastic driveshafts again. It never fails that Traxxas vehicles become the biggest money pits due to all the plastic parts. #Arrma6s line kicks butt!!!!!

Attachments

• Screenshot_20190924-190747_YouTube.jpg
    Screenshot_20190924-190747_YouTube.jpg
    178.6 KB · Views: 118
All business there (Kevin Talbot) with some BS excuses.
In the world of YouTube if your not first the numbers of views is way less, and the behind the scenes time/investment is now worth the efforts.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back