All new Traxxas Maxx.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Some of the stuff in this thread makes me laugh. Like the people pointing out that the driveshafts, shocks and spur gears are plastic. Aren't all of those plastic on Arrma's 4s lineup as well?

I get that the price of the Maxx is more than Arrma's but all of their vehicles are priced more than Arrma's. The Slash 4x4 is $380 while the Senton 3s BLX is $300. So I get why people are comparing this Maxx to Arrma's 6s lineup, as price-wise that is where it fits in but really it should be compared to the 4s lineup which has a lot of the same cost cutting measures such as the plastic driveshafts, shocks and spur gears.

Agreed - we should be embracing stuff and people from ALL hobby lines. If they like ARRMA too, that's even better. As I have seen it, we like all drivers and their toys and hate none. This is what makes (or made) this group a little different than others. C'mon peeps, let's level up. I don't like Traxxas for their antics (and because I don't support that, it makes me think twice before buying something from them) - but I have nothing against their vehicles - or the people that drive them - and I would hope other people have nothing against me for whatever vehicle I may drive.

As for pricing, as long as people continue buying at 'x' price, they will continue to sell it at 'x' price - this is true of anyone selling any product or service.

Last edited:
Nope. Not gonna happen.
When your business model includes filing countless frivolous lawsuits, through shady lawyers to try and put your competitors out of business for making a superior product, you'll get no mercy from me or any other good natured person out there for pointing it to others on a continuing basis. They deserve to know that their purchase is helping fund crooks and liars who hide behind litigation instead of building a better product.

Nope. Not gonna happen.
When your business model includes filing countless frivolous lawsuits, through shady lawyers to try and put your competitors out of business for making a superior product, you'll get no mercy from me or any other good natured person out there for pointing it to others on a continuing basis. They deserve to know that their purchase is helping fund crooks and liars who hide behind litigation instead of building a better product.
These are all the companies that I could find that Traxxas has sued in the past 4-5 years.

Arrma/Hobbico
Integrated Center Point Steering Mechanism for a Model Vehicle(Nero)
Protective Enclosure for Model Vehicle(waterproof receiver box)
Vehicle Suspension for a Model Vehicle(Nero)
Vehicle Mounted Coil Spring and Shock Assembly(Nero)
Rotorcraft With Integrated Light Pipe Support Members(Dromida quad/drone)

HPI Racing - Protective Enclosure for Model Vehicle(waterproof receiver box)

Redcat Racing - Integrated Center Point Steering Mechanism For A Model Vehicle(Terremoto)

Vatera - front suspension on the Twin Hammers - was settled out of court

Firelands Group(aka Helion)
Protective Enclosure for Model Vehicle.(waterproof receiver box)
Rotorcraft With Integrated Light Pipe Support Members(drone)

And BTW Helion is gone now. They are selling off all current inventory and then that's all folks.

Last edited:
Traxxas troll! ?
Haha - trust me, I have my fair share of Arrma's.

Let's see.. ?

V2 Senton
V2 Kraton
Had a v3 talion
Had Big Rock 6s
Had Fazon 6s
V2 Typhon 6s
V1 Outcast 6s
Outcast 4s
Kraton 4s
Granite 4x4 blx 3s
3s Typhon

**Wow - considering how many I still have, I think I have an RC problem! ?

*Apparently I love my Arrma's also. ?

Last edited:
Haha - trust me, I have my fair share of Arrma's.

Let's see.. ?

V2 Senton
V2 Kraton
Had a v3 talion
Had Big Rock 6s
Had Fazon 6s
V2 Typhon 6s
V1 Outcast 6s
Outcast 4s
Kraton 4s
Granite 4x4 blx 3s
3s Typhon

**Wow - considering how many I still have, I think I have an RC problem! ?

*Apparently I love my Arrma's also. ?
Now I'm just jealous...

me too that guy is a traxxas fan boy lol
Guessing I will soon... couldn't ignore his comment to a guy about the price being too high and his reply was "They want to make a profit instead of a loss"... really? I mean... really? We all know these things cost nickles on the dollar once the design is done and molds are made. C'mon, parts support alone is going to bring in quite a profit. It's traxxas after all! I literally have drawers of traxxas parts for my 3 revos, stampede and jato. I have half a bin for my outcast and 2 more drawers for my savage's.

Agreed - we should be embracing stuff and people from ALL hobby lines. If they like ARRMA too, that's even better. As I have seen it, we like all drivers and their toys and hate none. This is what makes (or made) this group a little different than others. C'mon peeps, let's level up. I don't like Traxxas for their antics (and because I don't support that, it makes me think twice before buying something from them) - but I have nothing against their vehicles - or the people that drive them - and I would hope other people have nothing against me for whatever vehicle I may drive.

As for pricing, as long as people continue buying at 'x' price, they will continue to sell it at 'x' price - this is true of anyone selling any product or service.
I think most of us had a bad enough experience with Traxxas that we began looking for an alternative and landed with Arrma. After that bad experience we have nothing but negative thoughts when we see more Traxxas plastic parts again. I don't believe that I am an Arrma fan boy since I don't support the 3s or 4s line at all either. For me it is the BLX 6s line or don't buy right now.... wait and save up for the real Arrma vehicles.

Traxxas is a bully with an ego.

I think most of us had a bad enough experience with Traxxas that we began looking for an alternative and landed with Arrma. After that bad experience we have nothing but negative thoughts when we see more Traxxas plastic parts again. I don't believe that I am an Arrma fan boy since I don't support the 3s or 4s line at all either. For me it is the BLX 6s line or don't buy right now.... wait and save up for the real Arrma vehicles.

Traxxas is a bully with an ego.
Yep! That's what pushed me to Arrma in the first place. The XMaxx (which I don't have), TRX-4, Erevo 2.0 and now this Maxx are pulling me back in. Haha

I have a couple Losi's and some Axial rigs as well... Too many rc's... But not stopping me from the Maxx.

And if Arrma comes out with a solid rear axle vehicle, a crawler, and/or a good rock racer, I will have to get that as well.

Nope. Not gonna happen.
Again, I also do not like their tactics (against other mfr's or against innocent people like the RC Saylors) - which is why I think twice before buying their product - but your opinion of how a business operates should not impact a persons decision in this hobby. Inform, educate and let them decide on their own. Be a teacher. Us 'bashing' others is putting us on the same level as them and plenty of forums already do this. Share what you like about the hobby, that's why you got involved in the first place. With or without Traxxas, ARRMA, Tamiya (or others), I'm sure we'd all still be playing with vehicles.

I forecast that Traxxas own actions will become their own undoing. People are not stupid or blind. Piss off the customers that put money in your pockets and they won't buy things from you. Build crap and people will move to another product. Charge too much and people will look elsewhere.

Considering very few hate the X Maxx, the Maxx may do well. It may not. It's not out yet, so who's to really know? A bunch of people here are already complaining about the plastic axles and how you have to upgrade so many parts right away and so on .. yet on this very forum, people complain about ARRMA's radios ... and having to replace other parts fairly quickly as well. In that light, other than initial price, what's so different? If I'm a fan boy, then I'm a fan boy of quite a few mfr's - you've all seen my collection.

Last edited:
I saw it on their facebook, not bad, and it's speed is attracted me

It’s way over priced, period. The X maxx is a great basher and I love mine but yeah... $549.00? Better come with a BJ. $449.00 I’d say ok that is fair.

I’ll stick with the proline Pro MT and wait for Arrma to upgrade its own drive shaft issues for the 4s models.

On second thought...
How much would it cost to convert an Arrma 4S to metal gears and add Talion aluminum shocks? Maybe the price point isn’t that far off once you factor in that stuff. Eh, still not buying it
Again, I also do not like their tactics (against other mfr's or against innocent people like the RC Saylors) - which is why I think twice before buying their product - but your opinion of how a business operates should not impact a persons decision in this hobby. Inform, educate and let them decide on their own. Be a teacher. Us 'bashing' others is putting us on the same level as them and plenty of forums already do this. Share what you like about the hobby, that's why you got involved in the first place. With or without Traxxas, ARRMA, Tamiya (or others), I'm sure we'd all still be playing with vehicles.

I forecast that Traxxas own actions will become their own undoing. People are not stupid or blind. Piss off the customers that put money in your pockets and they won't buy things from you. Build crap and people will move to another product. Charge too much and people will look elsewhere.

Considering very few hate the X Maxx, the Maxx may do well. It may not. It's not out yet, so who's to really know? A bunch of people here are already complaining about the plastic axles and how you have to upgrade so many parts right away and so on .. yet on this very forum, people complain about ARRMA's radios ... and having to replace other parts fairly quickly as well. In that light, other than initial price, what's so different? If I'm a fan boy, then I'm a fan boy of quite a few mfr's - you've all seen my collection.
On point

On second thought...
How much would it cost to convert an Arrma 4S to metal gears and add Talion aluminum shocks? Maybe the price point isn’t that far off once you factor in that stuff. Eh, still not buying it

On point
IMG_0847.PNG
the stock shocks don't leak at all so far

On second thought...

On point
Why buy it over the E-Revo? Forget about the Arrma competition. The pricing is retarded.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back