Fireteam Arrma FIRETEAM 1/7th Scale Speed Assault Vehicle

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Anxious to see peoples impressions of this. Glad to see another 1/7 scale 6s vehicle.

Some unique parts to this one like many of the aluminum parts are now black.
Black motor mount and skid plates (also the shocks, wheel hex, and nut)
1642080412345.png

Rear brake module
1642080442622.png

Ok, so on a quick breakdown of what is actually new, excluding the obvious of colors, and body/cage/bumper/skirts/brake module/wheels/tires...

Mojave Chassis
Likely Kraton Towers (hard to tell)
Kratons Shocks (yes, really)
Kraton Arms
Talion Stub Axles (narrow hubs, wide hexes)
Talion roll hoop

The curious part is the weird EXB hybrid thing they are doing. It looks like the Chassis, Arms, and Top Plate are all EXB, and while f/r diffs are standard 43/10, the center is a 50t spur on the Arrma aluminum diff case (at least according to the parts list). The towers are NOT EXB, so they are likely Kraton towers with the larger holes for EXB pins, making them unique.

The new towers seem like the most exciting thing to me, as they allow people to run EXB arms with a significantly smaller investment.

I'm dumb. The only thing EXB is the Kraton Arms, which are EXB on the V5 anyways. Still don't know why the towers are different, as they look the exact same as Kraton Towers. Possibly thickness? The Fireteam is 5mm, are the V5 Kraton thinner?

Last edited:
Ok, so on a quick breakdown of what is actually new, excluding the obvious of colors, and body/cage/bumper/skirts/brake module/wheels/tires...

Mojave Chassis
Likely Kraton Towers (hard to tell)
Kratons Shocks (yes, really)
Kraton Arms
Talion Stub Axles (narrow hubs, wide hexes)
Talion roll hoop

The curious part is the weird EXB hybrid thing they are doing. It looks like the Chassis, Arms, and Top Plate are all EXB, and while f/r diffs are standard 43/10, the center is a 50t spur on the Arrma aluminum diff case (at least according to the parts list). The towers are NOT EXB, so they are likely Kraton towers with the larger holes for EXB pins, making them unique.

The new towers seem like the most exciting thing to me, as they allow people to run EXB arms with a significantly smaller investment.
The top plate isn’t EXB, it’s EXB Compatible, which means it has a larger M4 hole for the EXB chassis brace if you upgrade. The chassis is EXB? Not what I’ve heard so far. And all of the V5 have had “EXB” arms, right?

The top plate isn’t EXB, it’s EXB Compatible, which means it has a larger M4 hole for the EXB chassis brace if you upgrade. The chassis is EXB? Not what I’ve heard so far. And all of the V5 have had “EXB” arms, right?
I just looked at the parts list again, you are right on the top plate and chassis not being EXB. That's what I get for responding to the thread very first thing 🤣 You are right about the arms, too.

I just looked at the parts list again, you are right on the top plate and chassis not being EXB. That's what I get for responding to the thread very first thing 🤣
I think it’s a cool rig. I would get a black one. I am less impressed with the radio, servos, and hand brake. Hope they offer a roller version. I would get the M2C full beefcake kit for it though. Would end up being a $1200-$1500 truck all in after a MAX6 combo, Flysky receiver, JX servo, bulkheads, EXB diffs, etc. I might think about it later in the year, but for now I’m gonna pass.

I think it’s a cool rig. I would get a black one. I am less impressed with the radio, servos, and hand brake. Hope they offer a roller version. I would get the M2C full beefcake kit for it though. Would end up being a $1200-$1500 truck all in after a MAX6 combo, Flysky receiver, JX servo, bulkheads, EXB diffs, etc. I might think about it later in the year, but for now I’m gonna pass.
It would probably be cheapest to just stretch a Kraton and get Talion stubs and hubs. Same truck, different body/wheels.

It would probably be cheapest to just stretch a Kraton and get Talion stubs and hubs. Same truck, different body/wheels.
I guess you could do that, but I would want the new rig to build off of. I’ve done the JRC parts bin builds before and ended up spending more that way. It has so many common parts with other cars that anything I take off (other than radio and servos) can be used somewhere as a spare. I guess the non-EXB aluminum parts would end up sitting forever too. Might just have to sell the take offs on eBay or something to help offset the other costs.

I just want the wheels/tires for my Notorious since the Talion set costs a left nut, even on JRC.

I just want the wheels/tires for my Notorious since the Talion set costs a left nut, even on JRC.
I wish they made them what they appear to be, airless tires. Should have been an easy thing to do?

When I got my Talion there was a sligh wobble in 1 wheel. I sent CS a video of the problem and they said they'd send a replacement. A few days later a set of Kraton wheels/tires arrive. Contacted support again and they said the Talion set was out of stock so they sent the Kraton set to hold me over. A couple weeks later the Talion set arrived and I began a massive burn-out campaign to ensure the old tires were completely bald :cool:

Back