Fireteam Arrma FIRETEAM 1/7th Scale Speed Assault Vehicle

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I guess you could do that, but I would want the new rig to build off of. I’ve done the JRC parts bin builds before and ended up spending more that way. It has so many common parts with other cars that anything I take off (other than radio and servos) can be used somewhere as a spare. I guess the non-EXB aluminum parts would end up sitting forever too. Might just have to sell the take offs on eBay or something to help offset the other costs.
Looks like $120 shipped from Jenny's to stretch and narrow out a Kraton to match the Fireteam. Plus $600 for a new Kraton, $720 for a Fireteam minus bodyset, brake, bumpers... yeah, if someone wants one might as well buy instead of build.

Looks like $120 shipped from Jenny's to stretch and narrow out a Kraton to match the Fireteam. Plus $600 for a new Kraton, $720 for a Fireteam minus bodyset, brake, bumpers... yeah, if someone wants one might as well buy instead of build.
I’m not sure you would “need” to narrow a Kraton tbh. I think it would be fine with the extra width IMO.

Arrma: Team America Version
386897.jpg

My lhs told me that they want to keep the price below the mini maxx but not have them breaking themselves like, burn clutches, throw driveshafts, and with metal shafts installed they eat internal diff gears (dogbone shafts might not, they twist a little under shock but theres none available) . My o4s was just frustrating to deal with, because as a advertised stunt truck i want to mash the throttle, stand on the brakes and do all sorts of goofy tricks. Those big tires are hard to throw around and it would take some clever enginerding to stuff a center differential in that platform but it would be super cool, the slipper clutches need to have steel faces (anything other than the pot metal) where they wear against the pads but i think it would still overheat and melt the loctite anyway.

Theres a lot that would need to change with the 4s line and with prices going the way they are, i don't believe the price will be under the mini maxx and the 3s trucks are creepin up quick on 400 bucks and some are already $450 not to mention beginners who end up with over $600 for batteries and chargers if they don't dig for good budget ones.

Id be happy to be proven wrong as far as prices go. A less than $449 4s truck would be nice

To stay on topic The new truck is pretty awesome i like the new tires!

Not my cup of tea. Glad for the ones who like it.

Hmmm, okay, Arrma is trying to appeal to children with the goofy action figures? The name already sounds goofy for an RC, but the action figures make it look even goofier than it sounds. I guess if you can simply remove the action figures that might not be so bad, but $750? Not sure if I'll ever step up to 6s if that is where prices are headed, its hard enough justifying what I spend on 3s now.

Back