Limitless Arrma Forum 3s speed run challenge

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

LibertyMKiii

Aerodynamics speed junkie
Premium Member
Excellence Award
Build Thread Contributor
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Limitless
  2. Mojave
  3. Typhon 6s
This thread will serve as the Arrma forum 2022
3s speed run challenge. (not the Arrma 3s line, but a challenge for running 3s voltage)

Rules:
- Have fun and enjoy the journey
- Be safe and considers others' safety!
- Help each other improve
- Must be 3s voltage (any number of batteries parallel as long as it stays 3s LiPo max voltage) (4.2v * 3 = 12.6 max voltage after the run)(overcharge is allowed)
- Any motor - Dual motor cars will be separated into their own list on this same thread.
- Any ESC (come on it's always the XLX2 ;) )
- Any tires (Rubber or foam)
- Chassis any 1/8 or 1/7 ("1/10" cars like Slash 4x4 that are truly by size/measurement a 1/8 scale are allowed)
- (NO 1/10 scale small touring cars like 4tec, serpent, Tamiya etc)
- Standard rules for showing GPS that we normally do.
- In your video show the batteries are 3s and if running parallel clearly show the connection.
- A crash disqualifies the run, but you do not have to drive it back.

****Post your video link in this thread and I'll edit the original post with a spreadsheet of standings a few times per week. Also note the car so I can keep up with the list.**** (I'll track up to 2 of your cars, but you must tell me the model of car in your thread post)
(Optional if you want to share what motor, batteries, and gearing you are running. I am totally fine with you keeping that secret if you would like)

Dual Motor
RankingMemberSpeed in MPHCellsCarScaleMotorsKVBatteryVideo confirmed
1​
vwturbowolf
154​
3​
Limitless GT1:073 TP2 packsYes

Single Motor
RankingMemberSpeed in MPHCellsCarScaleMotorKVBatteryVideo confirmed
1​
Slow RC Mike1493sHobao VTE1:081515 Castle V2
2200​
2pYes
2​
Slow RC Mike1453siGT81:08TP Power2pYes
2​
vwturbowolf1453sVTE21:07TP Power2pYes
3​
Chris Adams1373sInfraction V2 GT1:07TP Power2pYes
4​
LibertyMkiii1353sVTE21:07TP4070-cm2pYes
5​
k-bash1313sVendetta1:08TP1pYes
6​
Chris Adams1313sTyphon GT stretched1.08.5TP Power2pYes
7​
Phildogg1273sSlash 4x41:08
1721​
2400​
2pYes
8​
k-bash1263s6s Arrma GT1:08TP40602pYes
9​
Diem Turner1223sInfraction1:07
1721​
2400​
2pYes
10​
Diem Turner1183sVTE1:08
1721​
2400​
2pNo
11​
rotauq1143sVTE21:07TP4070
2350​
2pYes
12​
Edough131123sLimitless GT1:071PYes
13​
RCBustanut1113sLimitless GT1:07TP4060
3480​
2pYes
14​
Edough131093sStretched Typhon1:072pNo
15​
rotauq1053sVTE1:08TP4070
4150​
2pYes
16​
RedondoBeachRC1023aLimitless V11:07
1721​
2400​
2pNo
17​
real_name_hidden803sLimitless1:07TP Power1PNo
18​
Senton_Prime753sInfraction 3s1:083200 Firma
3200​
no
19​
Velodromed733sInfraction1:08Surpass
3800​
1pno
20​
joshludden713sArrma 6s stretched1:08TP40602pno
21​
TN-RC683sSlash 4x41:08Stock
3500​
?no
22​
BuduMfan623sVendetta BLX1:08Stockno

Last edited:
Do It GIF

hmm, I may need to break the slash out for this..

Dang.... competition is getting intimidating already!!! Glad to have you joining us Phillip!
Is slash considered a 1/8th for on road?

Not really familiar with the scale system for on road.
Traxxas naming conventions for their scale sizes are way off usually, but if you go by width and wheelbase etc it is the same as a Typhon or Senton more specifically when talking about the width being a SCT. With all that said it is considered a 1/8 scale by most organizations that race or do speed like ROSSA.

The Slash is a great platform due to its light weight and strong diffs. Just needs many parts added to be stable at high speeds (GTR Shocks, Tekno dog bone conversions and hubs, mod1 swap, slipper eliminator, motor mount, battery trays, etc....)

Last edited:
Yeah I used to compete with this car in Rossa in the 808 class.
When does this start? I just got some work done on the slash ..

Yeah I used to compete with this car in Rossa in the 808 class.
When does this start? I just got some work done on the slash ..
Starts now and I guess will end when everyone gives up lol

Dang.... competition is getting intimidating already!!! Glad to have you joining us Phillip!

Traxxas naming conventions for their scale sizes are way off usually, but if you go by width and wheelbase etc it is the same as a Typhon or Senton more specifically when talking about the width being a SCT. With all that said it is considered a 1/8 scale by most organizations that race or do speed like ROSSA.

The Slash is a great platform due to its light weight and strong diffs. Just needs many parts added to be stable at high speeds (GTR Shocks, Tekno dog bone conversions and hubs, mod1 swap, slipper eliminator, motor mount, battery trays, etc....)
Okay, thanks for explanation’s @phildogg and @LibertyMKiii !

Might try with my slash or typhon 3s, but definitely not going to as fast as you guys lol.

Well, I just made my maiden 3S run and, uhm...I don't think I'm going to be terribly competitive here lol. With some Zeee lipos in parallel and 34/31T gearing I pulled out 85mph. I had to break it off a little early because a car was coming so I'm thinking maybe 90mph max? I'm definitely curious to see how much taller I can gear this. 384A, 19k RPM. Next outing will be with SRD packs and some taller gearing, see if I can break 100mph. I will say this though, the 1721 is the smoothest and quietest motor I've ever used by a country mile, so...it wasn't all bad :)
1655090743209.png

Well, I just made my maiden 3S run and, uhm...I don't think I'm going to be terribly competitive here lol. With some Zeee lipos in parallel and 34/31T gearing I pulled out 85mph. I had to break it off a little early because a car was coming so I'm thinking maybe 90mph max? I'm definitely curious to see how much taller I can gear this. 384A, 19k RPM. Next outing will be with SRD packs and some taller gearing, see if I can break 100mph. I will say this though, the 1721 is the smoothest and quietest motor I've ever used by a country mile, so...it wasn't all bad :)
View attachment 223336

SRD packs will make a significant difference over the Zee packs. Probably wouldn't have dipped beyond 10v so it will have quite a bit more RPM in it next time.
If you want this run to be added to the list I'll need the type of car and a video of the run.

Last edited:
SRD packs will make a significant difference over the Zee packs
At the price difference, they had better :LOL:
Even though they introduce a significant amount of weight I'm also going to try my G-ace 15000mAh packs to compare. If for nothing else I've always been a huge proponent of :poop:s and giggles.

At the price difference, they had better :LOL:
Even though they introduce a significant amount of weight I'm also going to try my G-ace 15000mAh packs to compare. If for nothing else I've always been a huge proponent of :poop:s and giggles.
My 2s setup does not output much power in terms of wattage, but the extra capacity of parallel high power packs makes all the difference. Never used G-ace batts, but that capacity should do a little something for it.
I'll be running to 6kmAh packs in parallel for 12k total.

Weight should not be a problem, only ampdraw/sag on accelleration.

I am really happy with this challenge as it will not require 600m of perfect road. My regular spot should do just fine.
Got multiple excellent 3S batteries and 3 (maybe even 4) cars i could enter with. ;)

Weight should not be a problem, only ampdraw/sag on accelleration.

I am really happy with this challenge as it will not require 600m of perfect road. My regular spot should do just fine.
Got multiple excellent 3S batteries and 3 (maybe even 4) cars i could enter with. ;)
Sometimes I'm happy I have but one car...though sometimes I wish I had a second. I opted on spending all my money on one platform trying to make it somewhat bulletproof (I know, bulletproof does not exist) rather than distributing my limited funds across multiples.

Sometimes I'm happy I have but one car...though sometimes I wish I had a second. I opted on spending all my money on one platform trying to make it somewhat bulletproof (I know, bulletproof does not exist) rather than distributing my limited funds across multiples.
I once got into speedrunning because i didn't want to spend that much money on a XO-1 RTR. I could make a 100mph car cheaper than that, which i did with a customized old HSP Monster Truck.

Then i wanted i decent speedplatform to go beyond 100mph. (limitless wasnt released yet) Bought a serpent GTE and got it up to 110mph but never wanted to mod it as it ran so nice (even limiting me to a 4068 motor) It's a shelf queen now.
Then bought the hoboa VTE (roller) and modded everything but also crashed it so often and parts were often hard to get. (only a stripped roller remains atm)
Then the limitless was released, and had so much potential it had to become my main speed platform and still is.
And when the VTE2 was released i was like, yeah i could do with 2 platforms where i could focus on other challenges.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back