Limitless Arrma Forum 3s speed run challenge

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Just as a spectator? Don’t you have a new road car?
Yeeeeeesssss…🤔 I do at that but it’s just a brushless mini infraction. But, I guess if you can’t be first there’s always the LANTERN ROUGE! (If anyone gets that I will smile smile smile)

Yeeeeeesssss…🤔 I do at that but it’s just a brushless mini infraction. But, I guess if you can’t be first there’s always the LANTERN ROUGE! (If anyone gets that I will smile smile smile)
Then i will make you smile. the lanterne rouge is given to the one who finishes last in a race, like cycling. In Dutch it's also a commonly used saying with a wider context.

Then i will make you smile. the lanterne rouge is given to the one who finishes last in a race, like cycling. In Dutch it's also a commonly used saying with a wider context.
You got it brother! I’ve been watching professional cycling since I was 18 which makes it…34 years now 😳 I raced mountain bikes for many years (sport class) and also at the Velodrome… but man do I love to watch Road racing. Speaking of which, the Tour de France is just around the corner 😍
I didn’t know it was a commonly used phrase in Dutch. That’s really cool man.
Crap, so now I need to get a GPS thingamabob…ok. Will do.

You got it brother! I’ve been watching professional cycling since I was 18 which makes it…34 years now 😳 I raced mountain bikes for many years (sport class) and also at the Velodrome… but man do I love to watch Road racing. Speaking of which, the Tour de France is just around the corner 😍
I didn’t know it was a commonly used phrase in Dutch. That’s really cool man.
Have you ever watched UCI Downhill MTB ?

Have you ever watched UCI Downhill MTB ?
I have. It’s just not as exciting to watch as a road racing. With mountain biking I would rather be in it myself, at least before I broke my neck. I started watching the Tour de France when I was a teenager after watching Breaking Away. I’d already been riding bmx since I was two and that movie opened my eyes to the world of road racing. Back then I couldn’t find the Giro Italia to watch, but I could find the Tour de France.
Man…That has been the most influential movie in my life.

A little improvement up to 105mph
Again not the best run trigger-wise, keep holding back until it passes me, it sounded like it still had some more to give.

Running 3 batteries in parallel this time. Aside from some peaks, voltage creeped back up to 10.7V whiles running bigger diameter tires.

1655325568457.png

1655325544771.png

Last edited:
So here is my official opening bid. Just got back from another 3S run, this time with a pair of SRDs in parallel and boy, what a difference they made (you were not exaggerating @LibertyMKiii :)). I may need to go to my other spot where I have a longer road because I'm pretty sure it had some more in it. Everything else was the same as last run. 34/31T gearing, CC 1721, CC XLX2, Infraction V2 GT Build. 103mph @418A.
Infraction 3S PB 103mph.png

1655340269850.png

So here is my official opening bid. Just got back from another 3S run, this time with a pair of SRDs in parallel and boy, what a difference they made (you were not exaggerating @LibertyMKiii :)). I may need to go to my other spot where I have a longer road because I'm pretty sure it had some more in it. Everything else was the same as last run. 34/31T gearing, CC 1721, CC XLX2, Infraction V2 GT Build. 103mph @418A.
View attachment 223885
View attachment 223886

That is an odd dip and then current spike around 198 sec. Should be able to improve on that and current at the end of the run was looking much better.

That is an odd dip and then current spike around 198 sec. Should be able to improve on that and current at the end of the run was looking much better.
I think that's just from holding the throttle for a second and not steadily accelerating through the entire pull. I think I'm going to increase the sample rate for the next runs for better resolution. There is definitely room for improvement but I'm feeling a lot more optimistic about my prospects than I was after my first outing. RPMs were still climbing when I hit the brakes.
I'm soldering up some parallel adapters for 4x3S parallel goodness later on down the road. I'm still curious to see how my G-Ace compare to the SRDs in terms of voltage sag on the same setup.
1655345989562.png

If we remove that one second hold we get this:
amp draw edit.png

Last edited:
Alright.
ill jump in, if i have a car that will contend with you guys lol
Alright.
Ok so the watergate typhon is geared for about 80.
NOT GOOD ENOUGH!
time to run more gear calclations
So the 3s typhon build is geared for EXACTLY 70.
also know as..
whats the term?

ROOKIE NUMBERZZ
Alright.

Ok so the watergate typhon is geared for about 80.
NOT GOOD ENOUGH!
time to run more gear calclations
So the 3s typhon build is geared for EXACTLY 70.
also know as..
whats the term?

ROOKIE NUMBERZZ
Question:
does running a dual motor on 3s series count?
and can a parallel 3s run a dual motor car?

Last edited:
Question:
does running a dual motor on 3s series count?
Rules:
- Have fun and enjoy the journey
- Be safe and considers others' safety!
- Help each other improve
- Must be 3s voltage (any number of batteries parallel as long as it stays 3s voltage)
- Any motor (assuming we are ok with dual motors should someone want to run that)
- Any ESC (come on it's always the XLX2 ;) )
- Any tires
- Chassis any 1/8 or 1/7 (no 1/10 scale small cars like 4tec, serpent, Tamiya etc)
- Standard rules for showing GPS that we normally do

FWIW, he did say:
3s speed run challenge. (not the Arrma 3s line, but a challenge for running 3s voltage)
Question:
Raz was running 4 ESCs and 4 motors on 2 6S lipos, so I don't see why not.

Who's going be the 1st to try this 1000gram monster???😆😅🤣😂shopping for 3s packs...
Forgot to put no high-voltage 3s packs in the rules🤷‍♂️.sure someone will want to run the new cnhl 11.4v packs..

Screenshot_20220615-164344_Chrome.jpg

Who's going be the 1st to try this 1000gram monster???😆😅🤣😂shopping for 3s packs...
Forgot to put no high-voltage 3s packs in the rules🤷‍♂️.sure someone will want to run the new cnhl 11.4v packs..
From my knowledge the HV packs rarely out perform regular known high performing packs.
I'll add a note to be specific about max voltage.
I think that's just from holding the throttle for a second and not steadily accelerating through the entire pull. I think I'm going to increase the sample rate for the next runs for better resolution. There is definitely room for improvement but I'm feeling a lot more optimistic about my prospects than I was after my first outing. RPMs were still climbing when I hit the brakes.
I'm soldering up some parallel adapters for 4x3S parallel goodness later on down the road. I'm still curious to see how my G-Ace compare to the SRDs in terms of voltage sag on the same setup.
Wow no kidding! I had not focused on the RPMs it was not plateauing at all yet. Everything I hear about that 1721 is that it needs room to build up its RPMs...

What’s the advantage of running parallel and/or higher capacity packs for speed running?

It seems counterintuitive and like unnecessary weight. Does it reduce voltage sag under heavy load?

Does it reduce voltage sag under heavy load?

Will Do Full House GIF

It is all about trying to get the motor RPMs up but that requires the highest voltage you can manage. For low cell runs like this it helps significantly!

What’s the advantage of running parallel and/or higher capacity packs for speed running?

It seems counterintuitive and like unnecessary weight. Does it reduce voltage sag under heavy load?
Weight doesn't need to be a disadvantage looking at top speed.

The big 16000mAh pack is a 3S2P, so basicly 2x8000mAh in one. More mAh does help to reduce sag under heavy load. But there is something about the pouche capacity (size of a single cell) where too small and too big doesn't help either.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back