Limitless Arrma Forum 3s speed run challenge

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
What do you speed freaks think of my one piece wing idea? It's 26 ga. Steel at the moment I'll make one out of sheet aluminum next. @LibertyMKiii , your the aero guru lol. Think it'll be productive?

20220811_055835.jpg

20220811_055838.jpg

20220811_055933.jpg

20220811_060150.jpg

20220811_060200.jpg

What do you speed freaks think of my one piece wing idea? It's 26 ga. Steel at the moment I'll make one out of sheet aluminum next. @LibertyMKiii , your the aero guru lol. Think it'll be productive?

View attachment 235410

View attachment 235411

View attachment 235412

View attachment 235413

View attachment 235414
Looks great! For you that is. If me…I’d have 30+ stitches by now considering how many times I’ve brushed or down right run into my legs. It looks sweet though man, love the ingenuity.

I'm kinda with @Velodromed on this but to be fair...at 100mph+ pretty much any object becomes dangerous. But, as a friend in high school said, a katana will just cut cleanly through a body part. A broad sword will crush and smash through bones and tear skin on its way through. It appears you're going the katana route :LOL: Should be easier for a surgeon to fix in a worst case scenario.

Got a different motor fitted and a new emperformance spool fitted into the hobao. Geared to hopefully pass 125 on 3s, would love 130 but we will see

E171962D-3F82-4878-B575-FA001CCDAA86.jpeg

I'm kinda with @Velodromed on this but to be fair...at 100mph+ pretty much any object becomes dangerous. But, as a friend in high school said, a katana will just cut cleanly through a body part. A broad sword will crush and smash through bones and tear skin on its way through. It appears you're going the katana route :LOL: Should be easier for a surgeon to fix in a worst case scenario.
Katana route 😂

Looks good, but reminds me of a guy that made a steel front splitter then proceeded to sharpen the edge to cut through the air better. The thought of a sharp 10” blade coming towards me at over 125+mph I can’t get out of my mind
But your skills are great

View attachment 235410

View attachment 235411

View attachment 235412

View attachment 235413

View attachment 235414

Looks good. Even a plastic or carbon fiber wing could cut someone with the force these cars have behind them at high speeds. Certainly consider safety while running!
Aerodynamically it should do well to reduce drag and you can bend the rear lip to tune the downforce which is a nice feature.

Got a different motor fitted and a new emperformance spool fitted into the hobao. Geared to hopefully pass 125 on 3s, would love 130 but we will see

View attachment 235435

Katana route 😂

Anxious to see what you can do. I think I am going to try 1-3 more times because it feels like 130 is possible.

As my ex-toe can acknowledge, even scorchedRc plastic had no problem slicing though leather and bone.
Steelsheet might katana itself a lot deeper, but it all feels like putting a knife on a bullet...

The design is good, nice verts and it likely doesn't bend under pressure.

I assume you will only bend the tips up and down, good as that means there isn't that much of flat angled surface.
A flat angled surface only gives downforce to the rear and ruins drag. It even hurts the Cw (your frontal silhouette surface that needs to cut through the air) as air bounces upwards. Imagine spraying at it with a garden hose, all water going upwards adds to you frontal silhouette.
Second argument against angles surfaces. It will slighly keep pushing the front upwards, whiles a wing locks in the whole vehicle.

What I would consider is to add some wingshape to the surface. Be creative with some 3d print or epoxy

As my ex-toe can acknowledge, even scorchedRc plastic had no problem slicing though leather and bone.
Steelsheet might katana itself a lot deeper, but it all feels like putting a knife on a bullet...

I assume you will only bend the tips up and down, good as that means there isn't that much of flat angled surface.
A flat angled surface only gives downforce to the rear and ruins drag. It even hurts the Cw (your frontal silhouette surface that needs to cut through the air) as air bounces upwards. Imagine spraying at it with a garden hose, all water going upwards adds to you frontal silhouette.
Second argument against angles surfaces. It will slighly keep pushing the front upwards, whiles a wing locks in the whole vehicle.

What I would consider is to add some wingshape to the surface. Be creative with some 3d print or epoxy
That actually exists… kind of

1660310247118.jpeg

Last edited:
Looks good. Even a plastic or carbon fiber wing could cut someone with the force these cars have behind them at high speeds. Certainly consider safety while running!
Aerodynamically it should do well to reduce drag and you can bend the rear lip to tune the downforce which is a nice feature.

Anxious to see what you can do. I think I am going to try 1-3 more times because it feels like 130 is possible.
Yeah, same here. My car is back to speed running spec, just need to dial in camber, toe and (almost) lock out my suspension, then I'll be ready to go. I was figuring between 1-3 more runs as well depending on how the first one goes. If I can't gain another mph then I'll I'll probably hang it up...maybe. Raz said he was able to gain 10mph with the same gearing just by dicking around with aero so...I may still explore that avenue some more depending on how it we do what we do.

lol...nice to see "katana" being integrated into forum vernacular :LOL:

That hat actually exists… kind of

View attachment 235531
Weapens R&D: "I have an idea let's put 6 knifes on missile so we can save on explosives and handling costs."
Airforce general "It would be cool to use these ninja missiles on Al-Quada, chop some heads like they do"

Weapens R&D: "I have an idea let's put 6 knifes on missile so we can save on explosives and handling costs."
Airforce general "It would be cool to use these ninja missiles on Al-Quada, chop some heads like they do"
That is actually what just happened. We wanted to be able to do precision air strikes on Al Qaeda subjects. We just used one to take out their leader. The rest of his family weren't harmed even though we used a drone to throw swords at him 😜🤘 'Merica!

Forgot to post video of my 109 run. Waiting on batteries and parts to come before trying to crack 110+
Nice! I‘m impressed you’re making that kind of progress with a SWB open wheeled Typhon with a stock body. Well done, man.

I made a 3s pass with the regular 4070 motor today that I put in place of the 4070scm and got a decent 116 mph run.
Not bad for the first run on the motor. It wasn’t nearly as hot as the scm motor, so that’s a good sign

Don’t mind the onyx packs in the pick. I did a 4s run with it today as well.
DAE23F94-F46A-46B9-AD27-3B80C683DCB0.png

F90BAB62-8A30-4E95-8B1E-2869107896C0.jpeg

I made a 3s pass with the regular 4070 motor today that I put in place of the 4070scm and got a decent 116 mph run.
Not bad for the first run on the motor. It wasn’t nearly as hot as the scm motor, so that’s a good sign

Don’t mind the onyx packs in the pick. I did a 4s run with it today as well.
View attachment 236270
View attachment 236271

Seems promising if the amps and heat went down with this motor.

Has anyone ever experimented running parallel batteries with diodes? Running 3S@4p, ripple and voltage behaviour weren't as I expected. So I was doing some out of the box thinking and figured reverse leaking would be the largest contributer. Adding diodes would solve that, but a multi input Schottky would not only prevent reverse leaking, it would also add a rudementairy form of phasing/loadbalancing. That sound like a win-win to me.

So I got a couple of these and am thinking about trying something...

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back