Limitless Arrma Forum 3s speed run challenge

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Friggin crushed your pb yo. That makes for a happy ride home.
Killed it,gos to show what removing over 21/2 lbs off a system will do.packs where holding 11+volts when I lifted.detta 7.1lbs compared to typhon gt with 4060 at 9.5ish lbs..typhon gt with 5660 is over 10lbs..more weight=more draw,more ripple,heat..power to weight ratio an still have car controlable to make a clean pass..THE NARROW VENDETTA BODY IS GRREEAAAAT FOR SPEED..MUCH BETTER TJAN FC100 DELTA BODY.car gains speed soooo fast..like 117mph in 1200ft on 3s fast..

Killed it,gos to show what removing over 21/2 lbs off a system will do.packs where holding 11+volts when I lifted.detta 7.1lbs compared to typhon gt with 4060 at 9.5ish lbs..typhon gt with 5660 is over 10lbs..more weight=more draw,more ripple,heat..power to weight ratio an still have car controlable to make a clean pass..THE NARROW VENDETTA BODY IS GRREEAAAAT FOR SPEED..MUCH BETTER TJAN FC100 DELTA BODY.car gains speed soooo fast..like 117mph in 1200ft on 3s fast..
Yeah, no. My car is about as fat as I am. I weighed my car with 2xSRD 6500 & 2xCNHL 6000 3S packs on board. She weighed in at a stout 15.5 pounds. My hope is that less voltage sag will be worth more than the increase in weight is a negative in conjunction with the other changes I made.

Yeah, no. My car is about as fat as I am. I weighed my car with 2xSRD 6500 & 2xCNHL 6000 3S packs on board. She weighed in at a stout 15.5 pounds. My hope is that less voltage sag will be worth more than the increase in weight is a negative in conjunction with the other changes I made.
Those weights are w/o pack s...what's more crazy is the difference in crashing a 7lb car at 100mph compared to crashing a 10+lb car.sound,damage,violence,..I've crashed my 1/10 all plastic typhon a bunch.if it don't impact something it'll be okay most the time,I'm talking running it off side road at 90+++,rolling an flipping,all good...my 1/8 would end up way worst on same crash

It's been raining here almost nonstop for days....I'm wanting another hit with this vendetta.its going super straight an hauling azz...I think it's might have a 120 with same gearing,if not damn close.give it another go,only have room to go up 2t...can't find a spur smaller than 34t.if I can get a 120 outa this gearing, go up 2t an possibly pull a 125mph 3s hit.......this car I believe can,will put some ridiculously good low voltage #'s...what a badazz little ride..

Hell yeah man. It took me a little longer than anticipated but I finally got my car all built back for speed runs. I wound up modifying the front bulkhead assembly a little bit; now my front drive shaft is parallel with the chassis and I hope this might help with friction/heat loss of efficiency. I'm going to make a few small modifications to the body today in hopes of increased aerodynamic efficiency. I've geared up a little bit and my last runs are all going to be quad parallel setups to help ameliorate voltage sag. Weather has been a mixed bag the last few days but I should be able to get out before too long. We'll see how it goes.

This is an abbreviated version. The full quote is, "Patience is a virtue which we teach our apprentices...a virtue for which we ourselves, however, have little use." -- Anonymous

That's what my dad taught me anyways :LOL:
Looking forward to seeing your run (y)
Also curious if quad parallel acts funny like it did for @rotauq

We shall see. Maybe I'm misremembering, but didn't rotauq try some kind of rectification on that run?
I believe that was after trying to come up with solutions.
But from a scientific perspective, I cannot see any reason for that behavior to exist and don't expect you will see the same. I think his ESC was wonky or something....

We shall see. Maybe I'm misremembering, but didn't rotauq try some kind of rectification on that run?
Yes, but that was to prevent a quad setup from acting weird

Here is an example of the voltage bumping up to 13.8V (Esc was running pretty hot though)
If it works for you, it's like the esc causing it. (it's RIP now)

1662404580960.png

Last edited:
I believe that was after trying to come up with solutions.
But from a scientific perspective, I cannot see any reason for that behavior to exist and don't expect you will see the same. I think his ESC was wonky or something....
That's what I was trying to work out in my head as well. I know sometimes real life is counterintuitive but to me it stands to reason that if running packs in parallel were an issue you should already, at least begin to, see the behavior with just two packs in parallel. That it was an ESC issue makes more sense to me as well.

Here is an example of the voltage bumping up to 13.8V (Esc was running pretty hot though)

View attachment 241560
Yeah, cheers. Seeing as the ESC is now dead, I'd also lean toward suspecting the ESC as the culprit.

View attachment 241560
Makes me nervous. I had a 13.5 volt spike after I let off the throttle. 🧐
@K-BASH knocking on the door of 120!!! Awsome stuff 💯

That's what I was trying to work out in my head as well. I know sometimes real life is counterintuitive but to me it stands to reason that if running packs in parallel were an issue you should already, at least begin to, see the behavior with just two packs in parallel. That it was an ESC issue makes more sense to me as well.

Yeah, cheers. Seeing as the ESC is now dead, I'd also lean toward suspecting the ESC as the culprit.
It was the rectifier killing the caps of the esc. It bumped up to 40v after load.
On load it definately looked promissing (no spikes above expected voltage)
Yet for the rectifier not load-balancing quick enough to make it an improvement. Which could also be a cause for killing the caps too, with the 40v after load as a consequence.

I hope it just works fine on your car, than I can just write it off as an anomaly...

It was the rectifier killing the caps of the esc. It bumped up to 40v after load.
On load it definately looked promissing (no spikes above expected voltage)
Yet for the rectifier not load-balancing quick enough to make it an improvement. Which could also be a cause for killing the caps too, with the 40v after load as a consequence.

I hope it just works fine on your car, than I can just write it off as an anomaly...
Thanks, I hope so too. We'll soon find out :)

listen closely, sounded like it was building rpms big time toward the end,then sec before ya lifted it sounded like it was cutting....would love to see that log,see if what I'm hearing shows on log.
You got the drive an willing to put in the hrs of work, your also DOING IT RIGHT,which nobody ever does,including myself..learning to speedrun on low volts is the way to do it.run the #'s your running with a open-wheel an you can,will do BIG THINGS on higher volts..GREAT WORK BROTHER

This time I brought the car back lol. Getting down to the little details now. About 5 of these mph are from @K-BASH thanks hommie.

View attachment 241890
We are all here to learn an push each other,help each other go faster,definitely wouldnt give advise with to joe shmo that don't want to put in the work,or someone with big funds just wanting to look over my shoulder an copy off my test..lol

Last edited:
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back