Limitless Arrma Forum 3s speed run challenge

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm still smiling from running the car an hour ago. NEW PB. 115. @rotauq I expect retaliation for breaking the tie brother. I cant stop thinking about this dam car and how to make it faster lol

View attachment 242086

View attachment 242087
Congrats!
Been really busy, but i will give it a shot in the weekend. At least if the weather allows it.

My roadlenght is the limiting factor, else i would have been more motivated to improve it earlier

Got the list updated.

Nice work @chris adams
Is that a TP4050? (maybe not it looks longer like a 4060 or 4070)

TP4050 is rated to 5000w. If so you may be at the point where the efficiency starts dropping.
Might be time for a TP4070 or 4080 :cool:

Got the list updated.

Nice work @chris adams
Is that a TP4050? (maybe not it looks longer like a 4060 or 4070)

TP4050 is rated to 5000w. If so you may be at the point where the efficiency starts dropping.
Might be time for a TP4070 or 4080 :cool:
It's 4060, I have a 4070 also a 4080 i bought from a forum member. I was getting stupid amounts of overtime for a while and couldnt stop myself from spending it on motors 😬but been sticking with this 4060 for a while.

Trying out the 4070 motor. Is it normal to have such a jagged voltage line? Also how much of a difference would 8awg wire from the lipos make over 10awg? @LibertyMKiii have you done any back to back testing with battery wire.

Screenshot_20220915-190918_GNSS PA.jpg

20220915_200855.jpg

Trying out the 4070 motor. Is it normal to have such a jagged voltage line? Also how much of a difference would 8awg wire from the lipos make over 10awg? @LibertyMKiii have you done any back to back testing with battery wire.

View attachment 243732

View attachment 243734
Yes, voltage graphing is always jagged, sometimes a bit more than others depending on a few variables. It is a bit more "bumpy" after you hit WOT than I like to see. Question: Are you heating up your lipos before you make a pass?

Yes, voltage graphing is always jagged, sometimes a bit more than others depending on a few variables. It is a bit more "bumpy" after you hit WOT than I like to see. Question: Are you heating up your lipos before you make a pass?
Ok, I’ve been afraid to ask the “dumb” question, but what is meant by “heating up” your LiPo’s? I’ve heard you smart guys mention this several times. So….is it running them for awhile to build up heat, putting them in a tire-warming blanket kind of thing, putting them under the broiler for X amount of minutes, or just good old fashioned microwaving the sh*t out of them? Dumb guys want to know…

Ok, I’ve been afraid to ask the “dumb” question, but what is meant by “heating up” your LiPo’s? I’ve heard you smart guys mention this several times. So….is it running them for awhile to build up heat, putting them in a tire-warming blanket kind of thing, putting them under the broiler for X amount of minutes, or just good old fashioned microwaving the sh*t out of them? Dumb guys want to know…
Don't feel bad about asking..
I didn't know myself in fact and this is definitely a @LibertyMKiii question.
He showed me what he uses to heat up Lipos when I was at his garage..😁

I use one of these Ethix lipo heating cases to warm up my lipos. If I'm not mistaken, the thermostat is set to top out at 50°C. All you do is hook up a 3-6S battery to the lead you see, turn it on, plop your packs inside and close it up. I typically start heating them an hour to an hour fifteen before I plan to start my pass using a 5000mAh 3S battery. This brings the 3S pack down to about 11.2-11.4V and the batteries nice and warm down into the core and the difference it makes in speed running should not be underestimated. It makes a huge difference when it comes to voltage sag which in turn provides more RPM and also keeps your amps down. I think it's well worth the $60 investment if you're serious about speed running. There's enough room in there for four of the G-Ace 15000mAh bricks. It's plenty spacious and that middle divider is just held in with Velcro. I like it a lot better than the Turnigy bags which barely have enough room for one lipo so you need to get multiple bags and for each one a battery to power it.
1663290098452.png

I didn't on this pass. Was in a mad rush just to get to run the car. I have just recently started to heat them though. That's what got me to 115 I think.
Yeah I suspected as much from the look of it. Your voltage line should look a lot smoother if you heat them before your next pass. Lookin' solid bro (y)

I use one of these Ethix lipo heating cases to warm up my lipos. If I'm not mistaken, the thermostat is set to top out at 50°C. All you do is hook up a 3-6S battery to the lead you see, turn it on, plop your packs inside and close it up. I typically start heating them an hour to an hour fifteen before I plan to start my pass using a 5000mAh 3S battery. This brings the 3S pack down to about 11.2-11.4V and the batteries nice and warm down into the core and the difference it makes in speed running should not be underestimated. It makes a huge difference when it comes to voltage sag which in turn provides more RPM and also keeps your amps down. I think it's well worth the $60 investment if you're serious about speed running. There's enough room in there for four of the G-Ace 15000mAh bricks. It's plenty spacious and that middle divider is just held in with Velcro. I like it a lot better than the Turnigy bags which barely have enough room for one lipo so you need to get multiple bags and for each one a battery to power it.
View attachment 243750

Yeah I suspected as much from the look of it. Your voltage line should look a lot smoother if you heat them before your next pass. Lookin' solid bro (y)
Jeez man, where does this end? “I think it’s well worth the $60.00 investment…”. Y’all are getting way too good at spending my money since I decided it‘d be cool to try some speed running. I haven’t even found a long, straight, smooth road yet. How much is that gonna run me?

Jeez man, where does this end? “I think it’s well worth the $60.00 investment…”. Y’all are getting way too good at spending my money since I decided it‘d be cool to try some speed running. I haven’t even found a long, straight, smooth road yet. How much is that gonna run me?
LMFAO!!! :ROFLMAO: I'm in the exact same boat with ya Dan! Still trying to find that long, straight road. And never heard of such a thing (a battery warmer bag). I was gonna suggest on a stick over an open fire!! 😂🤷‍♂️🤪

But seriously, great info guys, especially for us newbies who probably really should just stick to track racing/bashing! :ROFLMAO:😂🍻

Well...you asked :LOL: Don't ask questions if the answers make you uncomfortable :ROFLMAO: You wanted rabbit hole? Stay in Wonderland and we'll show you how deep the rabbit hole goes :devilish:

How much will that run you...depends on how close you are to the source of heavy road construction machinery :LOL: I keed of course. At most it should cost you a few hours on GoogleMaps looking for suitable locations in your area. It's essentially all I'm looking at when I'm out and about, be it public transit or in a car. All I do is look for suitable speed running stretches.

Well...you asked :LOL: Don't ask questions if the answers make you uncomfortable :ROFLMAO:

How much will that run you...depends on how close you are to the source of heavy road construction machinery :LOL: I keed of course. At most it should cost you a few hours on GoogleMaps looking for suitable locations in your area. It's essentially all I'm looking at when I'm out and about, be it public transit or in a car. All I do is look for suitable speed running stretches.
I drove around for 20 mins yesterday trying to find a good one. Must have turned around in a dozen driveways! Lol

I drove around for 20 mins yesterday trying to find a good one. Must have turned around in a dozen driveways! Lol
There is a decent stretch in front of the school we practice at. It has speed cameras....I wonder if it would pick it up. :unsure:😁

I don't have a lipo bag but I been wrapping the lipos in a heating pad and using another old crappy heating pad to warm up my old insulated Lunchbox. I put the lipos in the lunch bag when I leave the house to go run. Usually have about 93 degrees F in the Batts by the time I'm ready to run them. @Diem Turner what's a good temp for lipos?

There is a decent stretch in front of the school we practice at. It has speed cameras....I wonder if it would pick it up. :unsure:😁
I reckon it probably would. I've heard other people talk about setting off speed cams with their RC cars :LOL: I'd love to see the look on the person's face who evaluates the pics coming off the camera where a little fleck of something is screaming by at 150mph :LOL:
I don't have a lipo bag but I been wrapping the lipos in a heating pad and using another old crappy heating pad to warm up my old insulated Lunchbox. I put the lipos in the lunch bag when I leave the house to go run. Usually have about 93 degrees F in the Batts by the time I'm ready to run them. @Diem Turner what's a good temp for lipos?
Anywhere from 95-115°F is good.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back