Typhon Arrma please loctite screws.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Sorry bumped the reply button.
Sadly if I made a list of all the things I would check on a rtr before I drove it, you might as well just completely rebuild the car. That is why people refer to rtrs as ready to rebuild. It's just one of the downfalls of mass production. It's definitely something that you should check after a run.
That's just tolerating crap behaviour from Arrma.

You don't expect to have to rebuild a car, or mountain bike, or laptop, or anything else when you buy it, why should an RC be any different?

You can't check everything before you take your car out. Give it a good once over after each session and fix what you find. There will be time you miss stuff but IMO it's not worth spending an hour checking every screw on the thing every time.......at least I don't, maybe I've just been lucky but I break enough stuff to have to tear good chucks of the things down each time anyway :ROFLMAO:

You don't expect to have to rebuild a car, or mountain bike, or laptop, or anything else when you buy it, why should an RC be any different?
I completely disagree with your statement. When you buy a car or bicycle from a store, they are responsible to give them a complete once over to make sure the factory assembly was complete and nothing was left off or loose. Even a computer may need a firmware/software update after you take it out of the box. Unfortunately, with "toys", the standard of assembly is not nearly as high as other consumer products, so if you plan at running an rc vehicle at the scale equivalent of 480 mph out of the box without checking it first, then you deserve to be disappointed. The only crap being tolerated here, is your idiotic ranting.

If you don't go over a full scale car that goes as fast as these do scale then you're not too bright. I don't trust people that much.

The arrma apologist here are nuts. It's not fine to expect something to be incorrectly assembled. It shows a lack of quality control and a lack of respect for your customers.
If you're building toys that are this fast and this capable, then fiddlesticking build them properly. There's no justification not to, and it's moronic to make excuses for them.

The arrma apologist here are nuts. It's not fine to expect something to be incorrectly assembled. It shows a lack of quality control and a lack of respect for your customers.
If you're building toys that are this fast and this capable, then fiddlesticking build them properly. There's no justification not to, and it's moronic to make excuses for them.
Ok, go climb into a OL Street drag without looking it over. Then you can tell us how it's someone else's fault that you hit the wall.

This all boils down to people's expectations. Some are realistic and some are not. These are machines and need to be serviced like any other machine. There is even a maintenance schedule in the 6s manuals. I agree that the trucks should be assembled correctly but I don't see a screw backing out as being something that was assembled incorrectly. Arrma also provides one of the best warranties in the industry. If something fails, they replace it. Seems like they are taking responsibility to me. These trucks are built by humans and mistakes happen. At least Arrma stands behind their product.

Apologists? You brought up three comparisons that were quickly shut down. A single loose nut on a mountain bike could kill you if you were running a downhill course. You wouldn't give the bike a once over after taking it home from the store to make sure the employee that was having a bad day, didn't forget to tighten all the nuts so the handle bars or wheels won't fall off? We're talking about one loose screw on a toy car, and it's the first time this part has ever been mentioned on this or any other forum. The only thing Arrma has been accused of repeatedly, is putting to much thread lock on most of the connections, making them hard to take apart. You jumped in pretty quick because one person found one loose nut, and lumped Arrma into the despicable category. Good luck with the next car or bicycle you purchase, and be sure to tell them to forgo the pre delivery inspection, because you know that the factory got it right and you trust them.

I don't see a screw backing out as being something that was assembled incorrectly. Arrma also provided one of the best warranties on the industry. If something fails, they replace it. Seems like they are taking responsibility to me. These trucks are built by humans and mistakes happen. At least Arrma stands behind their product.
If a screw is supposed to be threadlocked and isn’t, that’s incompetent or lazy assembly.
As for replacing things that fail, does that mean we should expect to see them offer free suspension arms for the Kraton 4s, since it’s becoming apparent that a lot of units are failing due to bad molding.

If a screw is supposed to be threadlocked and isn’t, that’s incompetent or lazy assembly.
As for replacing things that fail, does that mean we should expect to see them offer free suspension arms for the Kraton 4s, since it’s becoming apparent that a lot of units are failing due to bad molding.
That screw isn't supposed to be thread locked! It's mounted into a lock nut, and it's possible that the chinese factory that produces them, made one with a bad rubber seal. Maybe all the Arrma employees should have microscopes to check every nut and bolt before assembly.

I don't think the screw that fell out should be loctited. It was in a locknut. I never apply loctite to those. If you were around Arrma long enough you would know there reputation for using too much loctite. People complain about it constantly. And again, mistakes happen. Not every single truck can be perfect.

As far as warranty for A-arms, they actually will warranty them. Have you tried? I know people who have and received replacements. Personally I think it's nuts that they should warranty someone's crappy driving.

Yes, apologists. I’ve only been here a few days, and already whenever Arrma fiddlesticks up, there’s a chorus of “oh it’s not Arrma’s fault, you shouldn’t expect to have these things assembled correctly, or to have faults”

You’re all fiddlesticking crazy, acting like the concept of a working product is an impossibility, an unicorn, not something to be expected.

Quit drinking he frigging cool-aid, these things are pretty flawed, Arrma is not your saviour

Yes, apologists. I’ve only been here a few days, and already whenever Arrma fiddlesticks up, there’s a chorus of “oh it’s not Arrma’s fault, you shouldn’t expect to have these things assembled correctly, or to have faults”

You’re all fiddlesticking crazy, acting like the concept of a working product is an impossibility, an unicorn, not something to be expected.

Quit drinking he frigging cool-aid, these things are pretty flawed, Arrma is not your saviour

I'm not sure that's what people are saying. But if you want to crucify Arrma for a screw coming loose that's your prerogative. It's your money and are free to spend it or not spend it as you like.

Personally I think it's nuts that they should warranty someone's crappy driving.
There it is again. Who said they should warranty crappy driving? Bad injection molding - something that falls under the banner of quality control - that’s what they should be honouring.
The fiddlestick is wrong with you all?

There it is again. Who said they should warranty crappy driving? Bad injection molding - something that falls under the banner of quality control - that’s what they should be honouring.
Who says it's bad injection molding? You? You are the authority ? Can you tell me how much force one should expect an A-arm to take? Is it infinite?

Yes she is
Arrma Angel.jpg

Apologists? You brought up three comparisons that were quickly shut down. A single loose nut on a mountain bike could kill you if you were running a downhill course. You wouldn't give the bike a once over after taking it home from the store to make sure the employee that was having a bad day, didn't forget to tighten all the nuts so the handle bars or wheels won't fall off? We're talking about one loose screw on a toy car, and it's the first time this part has ever been mentioned on this or any other forum. The only thing Arrma has been accused of repeatedly, is putting to much thread lock on most of the connections, making them hard to take apart. You jumped in pretty quick because one person found one loose nut, and lumped Arrma into the despicable category. Good luck with the next car or bicycle you purchase, and be sure to tell them to forgo the pre delivery inspection, because you know that the factory got it right and you trust them.
Actually the steering step screw happened to me awhile back
Here he goes again.
No one said Arrma never fiddlesticks up, but the poop you're crying about is petty. Arms break, I'm sorry you got so butt hurt over it. It's hardly Arrma's fault, unless you know for a fact it's manufacturing and not your poop driving.
And people wonder why the prices are going up, keep warranting every arm, nut, and bolt. Fuckn idiot.

Sorry bumped the reply button.
Sadly if I made a list of all the things I would check on a rtr before I drove it, you might as well just completely rebuild the car. That is why people refer to rtrs as ready to rebuild. It's just one of the downfalls of mass production. It's definitely something that you should check after a run.
Quoting this again.
This repeated mantra of RtR meaning ready to rebuild, it's just not fiddlesticking good enough.
Give it a fiddlesticking rest, and demand better.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back