Typhon Arrma please loctite screws.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Quoting this again.
This repeated mantra of RtR meaning ready to rebuild, it's just not fiddlesticking good enough.
Give it a fiddlesticking rest, and demand better.

He's referring to all RTR brands and not just Arrma. You wrote that you were in the hobby years ago. What were your experiences then with RTR vehicles?

The arrma apologist here are nuts. It's not fine to expect something to be incorrectly assembled. It shows a lack of quality control and a lack of respect for your customers.
If you're building toys that are this fast and this capable, then fiddlesticking build them properly. There's no justification not to, and it's moronic to make excuses for them.
Have you bought any rtr ever? These sorts of issues are not just things that happen with Arrma rcs they happen with rtr rcs from every manufacturer.

If you for one second think that Arrma is the only rc company that has assembly mistakes out of the box then boy are you in for a big surprise next time you buy a Losi or a Team Associated car.... These things are all assembled in China by some 6 year old making 10 cents a day do you really think that they give 2 shits about how much loctite goes on a screw?

Last edited:
Quoting this again.
This repeated mantra of RtR meaning ready to rebuild, it's just not fiddlesticking good enough.
Give it a fiddlesticking rest, and demand better.

So why are you here? Just to complain about quality control in their manufacturing?
I get that you expect more from them as a brand. This forum is a community of friends. I find your behavior here obnoxious and borderline offensive.

I cannot think of any 1:1 car that didn't have some flaw that was discovered later on. Sometimes it is during assembly but many times it is a parts supplier. This reflects badly on the brand, but often times that auto manufacturer didn't produce the part at all. Japanese cars and Takata airbags recall was the most recent example I can think of. (most of the time they only do recalls when they could be sued for safety/liability)
These RC cars take some extreme abuse and these flaws appear sooner than what we see in 1:1 cars that we daily drive. Like mentioned there is no prefect RC car without some design weakness/flaw. If there was we would all drive that one car. Overall I think Arrma makes an outstanding product for the price point compared to other options available RTR or not.

-Liberty

Well they make up for it with all the red they use on the 6s. Lol

Man can never use to much loctite! ;)

NOT mine! Came across this on a dutch arrma FB page..

61136053_10213937862507381_7310625965242056704_o.jpg

Yes, apologists. I’ve only been here a few days, and already whenever Arrma fiddlesticks up, there’s a chorus of “oh it’s not Arrma’s fault, you shouldn’t expect to have these things assembled correctly, or to have faults”

You’re all fiddlesticking crazy, acting like the concept of a working product is an impossibility, an unicorn, not something to be expected.

Quit drinking he frigging cool-aid, these things are pretty flawed, Arrma is not your saviour
Maybe you should go work for Arrma and show 'em how it's done. Or better yet, buy a Traxxas, and when it breaks go cry on their forum and see what happens.

Show us on the doll where the big bad Arrma touched you.
We told you where to source parts. It wasn't good enough for you unless you could get them yesterday, so you started throwing a tantrum. The world doesn't revolve around you princess.
I'd sure like to know what you do for a living, with the accuracy and quality you demand of others you must be a pro.

Last edited:
All this because @OwnsDaily was trying to do members a solid by warning them to check for loose screws and we found a real loose screw...

View attachment 41234

Definitely been an interesting read. ;)
I mean, I ordered the part a few minutes after it broke. I didnt email or call arrma and complain. Figured I'd let fellow arrma consumers know though. ?‍♂️ but I do agree if you bought a new car off the lot and when you drove it home it fell apart 100% of the people would call the dealership and not pay to fix it on their own.

It is the 6s.
It's literally had 2 packs ran through it. 6s of course though.
I find that
Driving a new v3 typhon today had my steering go out. Steering step screw fell out just driving on road. Just a warning
I find that highly suspect. I'm not saying you're lying but.....

When I was trying to swap out the pinion in my Typhon, the screws were impossible to break loose. I heated the poop out of them and still snapped off the ball end of the hex key. I had the LHS fix it and even they said it gave them trouble. They replaced the screws for me because the heads were getting stripped. We went over the rest of the car and nothing was loose.

I find that

I find that highly suspect. I'm not saying you're lying but.....

When I was trying to swap out the pinion in my Typhon, the screws were impossible to break loose. I heated the poop out of them and still snapped off the ball end of the hex key. I had the LHS fix it and even they said it gave them trouble. They replaced the screws for me because the heads were getting stripped. We went over the rest of the car and nothing was loose.
What would I gain from lying? As I already stated I BOUGHT new parts already.

Suspect must mean something else where you're from.
Or it's your reading comprehension.

You're simply implying that the screw was loose. And you also imply that Arrma doesn't use loctite, which I demonstrated that your statement is false. They actually use too much loctite.

Could they have missed it at the factory - yeah, it's a possibility.

Could it have been something you did that loosened the screw - yeah, that's possible too.

Arrma does use loctite bud, a lot of it. I know first hand from the pinion swap and from going over the car at my lhs.

Or it's your reading comprehension.

You're simply implying that the screw was loose. And you also imply that Arrma doesn't use loctite, which I demonstrated that your statement is false. They actually use too much loctite.

Could they have missed it at the factory - yeah, it's a possibility.

Could it have been something you did that loosened the screw - yeah, that's possible too.

Arrma does use loctite bud, a lot of it. I know first hand from the pinion swap and from going over the car at my lhs.

Maybe, you should define suspect for me. Or do some research of the definition for yourself.
Maybe I did loosen the screw myself just to make this post for attention.
Maybe the comparison of a motor mount screw and a steering step screw is completely different.
Maybe it was the factory's fault? The world will never know, atleast now everyone knows to check this screw, and I'll have extras. Problem solved thanks everyone

Maybe, you should define suspect for me. Or do some research of the definition for yourself.
Maybe I did loosen the screw myself just to make this post for attention.
Maybe the comparison of a motor mount screw and a steering step screw is completely different.
Maybe it was the factory's fault? The world will never know, atleast now everyone knows to check this screw, and I'll have extras. Problem solved thanks everyone
There you go bud. Reading comprehension. There's more than one meaning to "suspect"

Attachments

• Screenshot_20190619-185144_Google.jpg
    Screenshot_20190619-185144_Google.jpg
    153 KB · Views: 41
There you go bud. Reading comprehension. There's more than one meaning to "suspect"
And I don't "suspect" that you're lying, I "suspect" that either it was a mistake at the factory or it loosened up because of something you did.

There.... does that clear the air for ya?

And FYI - This is common with ALL brands. as a matter of fact, read the Arrma manual again. It says to check the car BEFORE it's first run. I "suspect" that's something you didn't do.

No brand, Traxxas, Losi, Arrma, Team Associated, Redcat, you name it, will be perfect out of the box 100% of the time. Their manuals even tell you that.

Welcome to the RC world.

Now just out of curiosity, try to break loose the motor mount bolts(if you haven't done so already) and see if it gives you a hard time.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back