Senton Arrma Senton 3S (pivot ball installation)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Senton 6s
Hello Everyone, I am having a problem trying to figure out how to install the pivot balls into the big bore shocks (top of shock only). Can anyone recommend an easy way to install them? I have tried multiple ways from watching YouTube videos but I can’t get them in without damaging them. I have both the plastic black ones and Hot Racing (red aluminum).

So I use a small pair of channel locks with a rubber tooth grip vs the metal teeth on every set. I hold the shock flat with the longer tooth on the bottom of the pivot ball and the shorter jaw on the top of the eyelet but not covering the eye and slowly squeeze into place.

So I use a small pair of channel locks with a rubber tooth grip vs the metal teeth on every set. I hold the shock flat with the longer tooth on the bottom of the pivot ball and the shorter jaw on the top of the eyelet but not covering the eye and slowly squeeze into place.

Thank you Number1Phipps, I really appreciate that. Is there a video I could watch doing that?

I think there is a tool that looks like a players made of aluminum that pops those in and out in seconds without damage, check on ebay I think it is called rc shock tool it costs maybe 12 to 15 dollars is also has some other tricks.
I think there is a tool that looks like a players made of aluminum that pops those in and out in seconds without damage, check on ebay I think it is called rc shock tool it costs maybe 12 to 15 dollars is also has some other tricks.
https://www.ebay.com/itm/303435483748

Last edited:

https://www.ebay.com/itm/303435483748

Hello Tim, I have that tool and it just spreads the black plastic ones (Replacement originals that I bought online) apart and will not go into the top shock hole on the shock. Also, the Hot Racing (red aluminum) ones don’t budge when splitting them to the shocks.
If I get back at a decent hour today I will take a quick video for you.

That would be awesome if you can Number1Phipps. Let me know, I am definitely looking forward to that if you can.

Hello Tim, I have that tool and it just spreads the black plastic ones (Replacement originals that I bought online) apart and will not go into the top shock hole on the shock. Also, the Hot Racing (red aluminum) ones don’t budge when splitting them to the shocks.

That would be awesome if you can Number1Phipps. Let me know, I am definitely looking forward to that if you can.
I haven’t forgotten just haven’t made it back hone yet.

Which big bore shocks we talking about here, the eBay 3s ones? And this is for the top of the shock as in the shock cap? If so then what you want is a rubber bushing of some kind and not the pivot ball from the old shock.

If this is indeed the 3s eBay big bore these the only person I've seen reuse the stock plastic pivot balls from the top of the old shocks was @SupraNik1910 and he had to Dremel them down to fit.

Attachments

• 20200525_152645.jpg
    20200525_152645.jpg
    235.9 KB · Views: 77
Hello Suchtradegy, yes, I purchased these on Ebay. They are silver with the black spring. Yes, that is correct, it is for the top of the shock as in the shock top. Where can I get a rubber bushing that will fit it that you world recommend? I did also buy the red aluminum (Hot Racing) ones and they just don’t budge when I have tried to install them with the multi shock aluminum RC Clamps. They are awesome for removing the pivot balls but are a no go for installing them. Do you know of a video so I can see how they go about making them fit? Also, thank you so much fir replying to my thread. I really do appreciate any and all hello that I can get.

Which big bore shocks we talking about here, the eBay 3s ones? And this is for the top of the shock as in the shock cap? If so then what you want is a rubber bushing of some kind and not the pivot ball from the old shock.

If this is indeed the 3s eBay big bore these the only person I've seen reuse the stock plastic pivot balls from the top of the old shocks was @SupraNik1910 and he had to Dremel them down to fit.

Hello Suchtradegy, yes, I purchased these on Ebay. They are silver with the black spring. Yes, that is correct, it is for the top of the shock as in the shock top. Where can I get a rubber bushing that will fit it that you world recommend? I did also buy the red aluminum (Hot Racing) ones and they just don’t budge when I have tried to install them with the multi shock aluminum RC Clamps. They are awesome for removing the pivot balls but are a no go for installing them. Do you know of a video so I can see how they go about making them fit? Also, thank you so much fir replying to my thread. I really do appreciate any and all hello that I can get.
Honestly I made my own bushings for these when I installed them. There is an axial bushing that fits the 6s shocks but the eBay caps have a 5mm bore and the arrma 6s shock caps have a 7mm bore and according to @SupraNik1910 again the axial bushing didn't fit those eBay ones.

The most common solution I've seen with these is to use a piece of 5mm OD rubber tubing like nitro fuel tube or generic rubber/vinyl tubing from the hardware store. I guess if you really want to use the pivot balls you can drill out the bore on the caps slightly bigger until they fit.

@suchtragedy I appreciate it. I will be trying to make my own to fit them into the shock tops. Thank you for the assistance in this matter. I’m very grateful for it.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back