Vorteks Arrma Vorteks 4x4 3S BLX Officially Announced

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I don't see the justification. I'd be ready to go to Jenny's and buy plenty of spare parts for my past gen Big Senton. I don't care for avc or other aids in the slightest. I'd rather them make improvements to the materials and geometry. This is lame and I don't know why the 4s line exists either. I feel like the power should go with decent changes is scale size. Let's see a 1/3 scale car. I'd buy that. I'd rather buy a few more tamiya cars and fill them with banggood electronics like I have bin. Wltoys 144001 is pretty cool. Everyone should get one.

I don't see the justification. I'd be ready to go to Jenny's and buy plenty of spare parts for my past gen Big Senton. I don't care for avc or other aids in the slightest. I'd rather them make improvements to the materials and geometry. This is lame and I don't know why the 4s line exists either. I feel like the power should go with decent changes is scale size. Let's see a 1/3 scale car. I'd buy that. I'd rather buy a few more tamiya cars and fill them with banggood electronics like I have bin. Wltoys 144001 is pretty cool. Everyone should get one.
122788100_3464353026979230_3157136179799906299_n.jpg

What's a good wheel like size the Vortek? 14mm or 17mm?

What wheels are out there that's similar to the vortek wheels. Converting a granite

Can you share what makes the 144001 so cool? I imagine it’s best on dirt and struggles with grass? How is parts availability? I’ve been considering one of these:

https://www.amainhobbies.com/team-a...lectric-buggy-w-2.4ghz-radio-asc20175/p802360

What wheels are out there that's similar to the vortek wheels. Converting a granite
If you want to run actual ST wheels, you will need to convert to 12mm, but you may have issues with the rim rubbing the hub, not sure.

Duratrax makes some 14mm "ST" wheels, but they are SCT size. I do have a set of 6-pack ST wheels I sometimes run on my Granite, and I like them. They really change the way the truck handles, and tighten it up a lot on the track. Mt body looks funny with the small tires, though.

20190329_131758.jpg

The shorter shock towers and shocks are the more important components to converting a Granite into a Vorteks
I'll get those from Jennys RC when it's available, It might take some time because things will sell out fast. .

Can you share what makes the 144001 so cool? I imagine it’s best on dirt and struggles with grass? How is parts availability? I’ve been considering one of these:

https://www.amainhobbies.com/team-a...lectric-buggy-w-2.4ghz-radio-asc20175/p802360
Having a 144001 I would go with the Associated Relfex all day every day. The 144001 is only cool because it's like $80 rtr(if you look around you can find them for about $60). In all reality it is a giant pile of crap, everything is made out of the cheapest Chinesium imaginable.. It is just a really bad clone of the LC Racing EMB-1. I broke more parts on it in 1 run than I broke on both of my Lc Racing vehicles in 2 years.
Proline has the Trencher LP https://www.prolineracing.com/tires/trencher-lp-2.8-all-terrain-tires-mounted-raid.asp you would also need the 14mm hex hubs https://www.prolineracing.com/accessories/6x30-to-14mm-hex-adapters.asp
And a better radio it looks like the same that the Infraction and Felony come with
What is wrong with the DX3?

Last edited:
Cool I was waiting for this one!

They are listed at 380$ on the Arrma website. 60$ more than the other 3S seems a bit much to me. I think this price is only justified by the AVC-compatible Tx and Rx?

I can't wait to see it in action.

Let's hope these graphics are not a sign of things to come for Arrma. The only model with 3 color options...all loud and fugly. :( A low-key option would have been nice. I foresee the clear shells selling out quick! :)
I agree. I just can't justify buying this after just buying a new Granite 2 months ago. A Typhon makes more sense or pay the $200 and go 6S.
Having said that. If this has been out I would have this over the Granite.

I think most would have been fine if they never switched out the Tactic that they used to come with.

Especially because, if I'm not mistaken, you still need to get the $15 Bluetooth module before you can use the telemetry features. If that had been included, so that you could have ready-to-go telemetry out of the box (after downloading the app, of course) then I bet many who balked at the price increase wouldn't mind as much. However, not everyone is interested in telemetry, so it kind of sucks that they're forcing that, without even providing the full capability. As others have said, it would have been nice to have the option to stick with the basic, non-telemetry radio system. But, it's Horizon, so I'm not surprised.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back