Bearings stuck in motor

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Virginia mud

Reaction score
How do I remove the bearing housing from in the deep side of the motor? It's fried inside

20210227_195932.jpg

I've heard of people driving an appropriately sized socket into the race and then tapping it out from the other side. Some heat would probably help too.

take plate off bottom get some heat on it will drop straight out

I have the same problem. The bearing came apart in the motor the sides and metal shield in stuck in the motor and the inner diameter hole is stuck on shaft. I have new bearings. Need help getting the old one out.

20210301_001701.jpg

20210301_001728.jpg

2 methods to remove the race off of the arm shaft:

>Try not to muscle it and damage the armature for starters. Try a combination of Rust Buster Catayst and a flame torch on the stuck on inner race. Then tap the race gradually down the shaft. repeat process applying RB and heat. The heat should expand the old race, The RB will break down the corrosion and help it slide down. Once you get it moving a bit it gets easier.

>You can also use a Dremel cutting wheel to gently slit the race and tap it off. It can be done.
Been there. Dremel is quicker.

2 methods to remove the race off of the arm shaft:

>Try not to muscle it and damage the armature for starters. Try a combination of Rust Buster Catayst and a flame torch on the stuck on inner race. Then tap the race gradually down the shaft. repeat process applying RB and heat. The heat should expand the old race, The RB will break down the corrosion and help it slide down. Once you get it moving a bit it gets easier.

>You can also use a Dremel cutting wheel to gently slit the race and tap it off. It can be done.
Been there. Dremel is quicker.
Thanks. Now I just need the leftover bearing out the motor. The new bearing can't seat.

I wish I could. Bought it used. My Jenny RC motor comes today, but it would have been great to have a extra.

If it's under three years old from the purchase date on your receipt. You will be good.
I just did the bread crumb trick to get the other bearings out......that's the best thing since sliced bread. No pun intended. Lol who thought of that anyway?

I got it off ebay.don't think the bread trick will work, it's not the capped end, its stuck in the can. Half of the bearing.

I got it off ebay.don't think the bread trick will work, it's not the capped end, its stuck in the can. Half of the bearing.

I'm having this exact problem. While looking for solutions on here, all I keep hearing about is this "bread trick" being recommended when that only works on the capped-end bearing, and if your bearing hasn't completely disintegrated and the inner race fallen out.

Since the inner race of my bearing did fall out, there's nothing to push on the bearing from the outside to get it out. The only hope seems to be to remove the pinion-side cap of the motor to have better access to the remains of the bearing (i.e. the outer race).

Does anyone know what is the best way to remove the pinion-side end cap of a Firma 3200kV motor? Is it threaded and can be screwed off, or is it press fit? Has anyone been able to accomplish this?

Last edited:
Im waiting to see too. I just bought another motor

Since the inner race of my bearing did fall out
I had this and the break trip did not work any more (for me that only works with new motors when replacing the stock bearings) since bearing was bad and bread was coming out through the bearing; inner bearing ring was lose.
Drilled a hole in the motor end cap and used the BFH trick.
Result: inner bearing ring came out leaving the outer bearing ring still completely stuck in the end cap. In the end I used a Dremel to very very carefully shave the outer bearing ring to a point where it cracks and you can grip it with a tweezer. It was a long and tedious process but the motor end cap was not damaged and is still in use.👍

Result: inner bearing ring came out leaving the outer bearing ring still completely stuck in the end cap. In the end I used a Dremel to very very carefully shave the outer bearing ring to a point where it cracks and you can grip it with a tweezer. It was a long and tedious process but the motor end cap was not damaged and is still in use.👍

My problem is that the end cap with the stuck outer bearing race is still attached to the motor can (see photo), and I can't access it to even do anything. If I were able to get the cap out, I'm pretty confident I could figure something out with the tools at my disposal (and perhaps Dremel it out like you did). I'm not sure if the motor shaft-side end cap is press fit, or threaded on. I've tried using 90 degree pliers into two of the size end cap holes to try and unthread it, but so far, no luck.

20210323_203222.jpg

Here's another photo to be more specific, since there seems to be some misunderstanding about which endcap is being referred to. It's the one were the motor shaft exits. (You can see the scratch where the pliers I tried using slipped).

20210328_142041.jpg

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back