Kraton Best fan setup for Max 6 Combo with the 1650Kv motor?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Terrance

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Kraton 6s
Just wanted to get an idea for the best fan setup for the above mentioned combo. I see the Ntf, and Dust Devil combos which are on the expensive side for sure. What I guess I wanna know is are they worth the money or do you guys have other options that work fine without breaking the bank?? Cheers guys and gals.

NTF fans hands down. Nick has the best service and he makes a nice kit for the max 6 1650 combo. He has a kit for the motor and esc. All the cables are nicely braided. He recommends a separate small 3 s battery but I run a buck converter in mine to power them straight off the main battery

NTF fans hands down. Nick has the best service and he makes a nice kit for the max 6 1650 combo. He has a kit for the motor and esc. All the cables are nicely braided. He recommends a separate small 3 s battery but I run a buck converter in mine to power them straight off the main battery
I love the look of them but the guy won't even message me back lol

I have some ntf fans and they’re good but man..cost me like 150$ for a dual fan system on my losi dbxle

I decided to just start making my own..once you start looking at 40mm fans you quickly realize that you can make the same fans as ntf/game changer etc..for a fraction of the cost
You don’t even need a heatsink really so you can get away with just a good single 10-20$ fan and you’re all set.

either power them off a separate 3s pack or one of the main packs via the balance plug

I have some ntf fans and they’re good but man..cost me like 150$ for a dual fan system on my losi dbxle

I decided to just start making my own..once you start looking at 40mm fans you quickly realize that you can make the same fans as ntf/game changer etc..for a fraction of the cost
You don’t even need a heatsink really so you can get away with just a good single 10-20$ fan and you’re all set.

either power them off a separate 3s pack or one of the main packs via the balance plug
Ya they are nice looking for sure. Also the dust devil setup is really nice would be 98us for my rig for a dual fan setup.
I'll msg him for you if you want he gets back to me right away. He's super swamped with orders.
Oh ya I bet he is lots of guys love that product.

Anyone ever try this brand? Says option for ball bearings & copper bushing.

https://www.wildturbofan.com/windy-
Looks pretty good
23k rpm at 8.4v..7.7g of thrust

I’ve never tested the “thrust output” of the fans I have fans so I wanted to give it a try to compare to the wild turbos

check this out
The Sanyo is a 17$ fan and the delta is the same price

I think the delta would have done more if I didn’t have that locknut hanging down and I could have brought it a little lower like I did with the Sanyo
Don’t waste you’re money on the ntf fans..he uses the same delta fan that’s in my video above
It’s a 16$ fan ..and he takes forever to make them
Took me about 6 weeks to get mine

it only takes about 10 minutes to assemble these and clean up
The wiring etc..

also..a regular 40mm heatsink also fits on the 1717

I made a dual fan setup for a buddy of mine and he ran it on his tp4050..which he just blew so he went with a 1717 and just slid this 40mm heatsink setup onto the 1717

CDB5B6AD-7F7E-4EF2-AD38-B444CE0BDC96.jpeg

Last edited:
Looks pretty good
23k rpm at 8.4v..7.7g of thrust

I’ve never tested the “thrust output” of the fans I have fans so I wanted to give it a try to compare to the wild turbos

check this out
The Sanyo is a 17$ fan and the delta is the same price

I think the delta would have done more if I didn’t have that locknut hanging down and I could have brought it a little lower like I did with the Sanyo
Don’t waste you’re money on the ntf fans..he uses the same delta fan that’s in my video above
It’s a 16$ fan ..and he takes forever to make them
Took me about 6 weeks to get mine

it only takes about 10 minutes to assemble these and clean up
The wiring etc..

also..a regular 40mm heatsink also fits on the 1717

I made a dual fan setup for a buddy of mine and he ran it on his tp4050..which he just blew so he went with a 1717 and just slid this 40mm heatsink setup onto the 1717

View attachment 111136
Nice setup man looks great! Yea I'll likely never spend 60 on a fan. Cant justify it when aluminium and electrical upgrades are on my list lol.

If you plan on jumping at all don't waste your money on a fancy fan setup. You will and I repeat WILL break fan blades on almost every outing with it. The arrma 8s heatsink fits really well. Find some quality thermal paste and completely ditch the fan. Your gearing is the most important thing on a basher. If you rely on your fan. When it goes because it will. You will cook that motor in no time. If you are on stock tires at say 75°F outside temp stay at 20t or less with the heatsink. Please still watch your temps. What runs great temp wise today may not be the same for tomorrow. A bearing binding in the wheel or diff can greatly increase the heat of the motor and esc.
If you really want to run a fan... I installed a turnigy radio switch that way I can turn my fans on and off by remote. When I go at the big jumps I turn fans off first and then after the moon landing I just turn them back on.

If you plan on jumping at all don't waste your money on a fancy fan setup. You will and I repeat WILL break fan blades on almost every outing with it. The arrma 8s heatsink fits really well. Find some quality thermal paste and completely ditch the fan. Your gearing is the most important thing on a basher. If you rely on your fan. When it goes because it will. You will cook that motor in no time. If you are on stock tires at say 75°F outside temp stay at 20t or less with the heatsink. Please still watch your temps. What runs great temp wise today may not be the same for tomorrow. A bearing binding in the wheel or diff can greatly increase the heat of the motor and esc.
If you really want to run a fan... I installed a turnigy radio switch that way I can turn my fans on and off by remote. When I go at the big jumps I turn fans off first and then after the moon landing I just turn them back on.
That def makes a lot of sense man. I do love big air but I also have a few tracks that I run on near me. So its usually 90% track then we setup the ramps and go big.

That def makes a lot of sense man. I do love big air but I also have a few tracks that I run on near me. So its usually 90% track then we setup the ramps and go big.
Then I recommend setting it up on a switch by remote setup... I still say the 8s heatsink is best one and just use what ever fan you want.
I get 50mm fans for a $1 each. Yeah they are cheap but with how often I break them it's worth it to me plus I run the 5v fan at 8v so it really wakes them up.

I don't do a lot of jumps with mine so I run the 40x28's on the rigs it'll fit under the body. I have one on my kraton, and the Mojave is getting 1-2 on it with the xmaxx heat sinks. you can snag the heat sinks for $10 on jennys and then $15/fan, a little wire, and your plug of choice be it a balance plug connector on a separate 3s battery or a little voltage reducer for the 6s balance plug. I may actually do them off an xt60 and the main plug on my Mojave. I get tired of putting the little plugs together to the balance plug hahahaha. Also a screen over them is important or you'll kill them quickly as well. I smoked 3 ntf fans within the first few runs on my gravel road when crap got in them. I got a roll of screen replacement from walmart and run it on top with a wire guard over that. My fat bastard build has 40x15's to clear the body

fat bastard11.jpg

Game changer fans... Buy far

View attachment 111213
The game changers aren’t as good as you might think they are ..I own a bunch of them myself and decided to start looking for something better ..check out this video I did comparing them to a Sanyo fan I’ve been using
This is a single 17$ fan vs 3 game changers

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back