BMW :: Heated Seats via Subscription Service

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Tex Koder

2D , 3D Not a problem. I'll take that Challenge.
Lifetime Premium!
Premium Member
ArrmaForum Fan
Excellence Award
Hospitality Award
Build Thread Contributor
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Granite
  2. Infraction
  3. Kraton 6s
  4. Mojave
  5. Nero
  6. Senton 3s
  7. Typhon 6s
  8. Vendetta
Last edited:
I think it comes down to what should be included and what is "new" technology worth of a subscription. It has to be a feature some may be interested in but not all.
For example, if I bought a Tesla and they said self-driving costs extra. That is a feature some may want but not all. Considering the technology and likely need for updates/data feed involved I could understand why that would need a subscription fee.

I believe anyone who spends good money for a luxury car expects it to have a heater & heated seats that can be used on a cold day. Most basic cars now come with heated seats.

It's offensive to charge a monthly recurring fee, compounded when you consider the fact that we the consumer bought and own the car. It's a disgusting practice if you ask me. I'm referring to the heated seats.
Reminds me of Spectrum cable handing me a wifi/cable modem at the office a few years back. Get home, plug it all in, no wifi? Oh, that's another $8 a month to turn on the wifi..no thanks, I'll buy my own for a one time fee of $20..
At least in Spectrum's defense, it's their box to fix if it stops working..will BMW fix the heaters? Not after the lame ass 3/36 warranty is up.. nah, shameful practices. I'm boycotting those mofo's!!😉

This sounded to familiar.
https://www.arrmaforum.com/threads/subscription-car-features.63859/

It's way worse than heated seats. The ability to enable/disable features via over the air updates is getting ridiculous.

So you buy a light bulb and it's 40W (equivalent) but you want a brighter bulb. Well for just $2/month you can do that. The next thing you know is you will need a permit or a license for the brighter bulb. It's no better than "protection" money you pay the mob. Every one want's a taste of what you got.

This sounded to familiar.
https://www.arrmaforum.com/threads/subscription-car-features.63859/

It's way worse than heated seats. The ability to enable/disable features via over the air updates is getting ridiculous.

So you buy a light bulb and it's 40W (equivalent) but you want a brighter bulb. Well for just $2/month you can do that. The next thing you know is you will need a permit or a license for the brighter bulb. It's no better than "protection" money you pay the mob. Every one want's a taste of what you got.

Perhaps the mob have infiltrated the car companies...

Off topic -

Called the cops to setup surveillance at our neighborhood for drivers who feel they are entitled (due to them driving Mercedes and BMWs) -to ignore the School Speed Zones and like to race away right after they drop off their kids..

Off topic -

Called the cops to setup surveillance at our neighborhood for drivers who feel they are entitled (due to them driving Mercedes and BMWs) -to ignore the School Speed Zones and like to race away right after they drop off their kids..

That's a good thing, you have police that are willing to stop people.

I had an Audi S4 and drove however I wanted. The police never stopped me once..... Oh wait they don't do traffic stops in San Jose anymore. Never mind.

Come to San Jose for the drag racing stay for the traffic deaths.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back