m2c deranged customer service rep avery looper

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Looks like he’d still have to source the center bracing on the chassis whereas m2c it comes standard, right?
I'm not sure what you mean but the jbi chassis doesn't need any extra purchase and is just as good if not better. I have jbi chassis on two kraton 1/5 and m2c on the O8S.

I'm not sure what you mean but the jbi chassis doesn't need any extra purchase and is just as good if not better. I have jbi chassis on two kraton 1/5 and m2c on the O8S.
My other gripe with the Jbi chassis is that you can't use the side guards, I've seen a few guys 3d print some and drill there own holes through the lip on the side of chassis to mount them though. Not everyone has a 3d printer though.

My other gripe with the Jbi chassis is that you can't use the side guards, I've seen a few guys 3d print some and drill there own holes through the lip on the side of chassis to mount them though. Not everyone has a 3d printer though.
This must be a 6s thing? I don't have any jbi chassis for arrma 6s rigs but the 8s rigs use the side guards just fine. :eek:

I thought these thangs came separate for some reason.

IMG_0317.jpeg

I saw those blocks on M2C's site. I assumed they were for reinforcing the stock chassis. Seems silly to design a custom upgrade chassis that still needs them?
Cheaper to manufacture that way… however the customer pays when doing the assembly. Takes 2 times as long to assemble. Plus… M2C stuff never has come with any instructions or anything either..

Not trying to dawg on m2c’s products… they make tons of very quality pieces.. or at least they used to. No idea what the future new owners will try and pull. Next thing you know the 7075 will be sources somewhere cheaper

So it’s not just me then… I’ve been dealing with Mitch for 16yrs or so? In the early days never an issue.. But in the last couple years, well.. Then again, I don’t expect much from a dedicated machinist/button pusher as far as human relations go. Those guys never sleep so… Of course it’d be nice to feel all warm and fuzzy after talking to someone on the phone, but I’m (personally) not paying for that. I’m buying the best parts I can afford. I’ve never had to warranty anything from them, but people make mistakes, so I count myself fortunate at the end of the day. I will say I very much liked when they anodized their stuff like Fioroni, and Kingheadz did.. As far as chassis go-I’d say they’re still the best, but with my kit stuff; I sure AF miss ol’ Bill from BCE.. RIP..

This must be a 6s thing? I don't have any jbi chassis for arrma 6s rigs but the 8s rigs use the side guards just fine. :eek:
Yeah the 6s chassis are literally a tub.

Sorry first pic I found on Google.
1702685784742.png

Cheaper to manufacture that way… however the customer pays when doing the assembly. Takes 2 times as long to assemble. Plus… M2C stuff never has come with any instructions or anything either..

Not trying to dawg on m2c’s products… they make tons of very quality pieces.. or at least they used to. No idea what the future new owners will try and pull. Next thing you know the 7075 will be sources somewhere cheaper

Now that you mention it the only aftermarket company that I have bought parts from that included directions was Rpm.

Last edited:
Early adopters of new stuff usually get burned.
I let the dust settle first now, before I buy in.
I guess I'm the minority here, I've had good service and no issues with any of the products I have ordered. I have only ordered about a dozen items on maybe four or 5 different orders. I just placed an order yesterday and forgot to add 24mm wheel nuts to the order. I called them and spoke with Avery. No issues, very polite and got them in the order to be shipped out today.
At least they are on top of their orders going out the door. That pays the bills. Or you are not a business for long.
I feel M2C was never about Cust Service. Just all about their great products that speak for themselves. When crap happens, it becomes a domino effect. They can't deal with the fallout, being rude or nasty at times. Just my spin. Human behavior. Not that it is right at all, from a business standpoint, you are shooting yourself in the foot. We have this thread here as a result.
They have become very big with their sales since they started. Before they even exported products. They need to work on their Cust Service skills there. Or risk it all, like T-Bone did.
:cool:

Last edited:
I guess I'm the minority here, I've had good service and no issues with any of the products I have ordered. I have only ordered about a dozen items on maybe four or 5 different orders. I just placed an order yesterday and forgot to add 24mm wheel nuts to the order. I called them and spoke with Avery. No issues, very polite and got them in the order to be shipped out today.

I agree, this is very surprising to read. Avery personally gave me early access to their Black Friday sale code to get the parts for my Kraton XL build last year when I asked, he has sent me free 8S driveshafts when mine broke (I have since switched to the Vitavon setup) and there have been a couple instances where I received the wrong item but the issue was quickly resolved without any fuss. However like you, I have dozens of orders with them and have spent multiple hundreds of dollars over the years. Maybe they treat their repeat customers better? Who knows. I will continue to buy from M2C untill I personally have a bad experience, then I’ll probably switch to Vitavon.

Dammit. I was saving to buy a kraton chassis. Scorched is across the world.. where is JBI? I'll be looking into that company now. Unfortunate, as I had the impression that they're the 💩 'round here.
These guys are a JBI distributor. Just bought some stuff from them and received it in Florida in about a week. https://www.evshobbiesusa.com/

Ive just had a problem a problem with the xmaxx male drive cup being machined wrong. They said this has never happened before and sent me a new one. Everyone has bad days but the customer is always right 😉

Yes sir I do. Let me find it
Here u r sir
I’ve never had a problem with them. Always on point but poop happens and we all have bad days just sucks he took it out on u.

IMG_6504.jpeg

IMG_6503.jpeg

IMG_6505.jpeg

Last edited:
Personally, I've purchased from M2C a few times. Quality-wise, I've only had one problem (chassis for the Traxxas Sledge), and, as with your problem, my chassis had a similar problem...but, it was NOT detrimental, and was (as I am 100% certain yours is as well) easily fixable. Should we be having to fix brand-new products we've just received? Of course not. But, at the same time, as easily-fixable as mine was, and as easily-fixable as I can see yours is, is it really worth "blowing your top" over? No, it isn't.

As for customer service, most of mine has been via email, and all emails have been well-received. I did, however, have one phone conversation...also with Avery...and, while he never cussed at me (as you claim he did...although, at the same time, I'm not going to say I believe he did to you, as no 'proof' was provided), I will say that his over-the-phone demeanor was not exactly a "pleasant" one. I'm not saying he was rude, or even unpleasant...but, he was, definitely, not pleasant. From what I got, he seems to be an individual who's 100% certain he's "always right", and doesn't really want to listen to others...especially when said 'others' are contradicting what he's saying. He is INCREDIBLY assertive of his opinion, and will make sure you fully understand "his opinion".

The sad thing is, as great as Basherqueen products were when Kimberly owned/ran the business, I am very doubtful that Avery is continuing the level of quality she did. In the end, if/when the quality of Basherqueen products starts to degrade (not saying it "will", only that I suspect it could happen), I fear that people will start to become increasingly upset, and might even blame Kimberly for the lowered quality, not realizing that Basherqueen products are now owned/manufactured by M2C Racing.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back