m2c deranged customer service rep avery looper

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

danny504

Premium Member!
Premium Member
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Mojave
I bought a mojave chassis from m2c recently i got to the very end and found one of the holes that fasten the skirt moulding (that hold the step rails) was milled incorrectly. i emailed pics and got a response to send it back for a refund. I than called the phone number on their website. I explained to the guy that I just want what i paid for. What am i supposed to do? Just tear it back down and re install it on the factory chassis? It was at this point when this guy avery looper completely came unhinged and suggested i take the chassis and stick it up my a** Wow Ive been a long time customer and spent tons of money with them over the years. I can only access from all this that the old guy has stepped aside and turned the business over to a guy who needs therapy at the least or maybe some big mean guy to straighten him out...which is exactly what will happen if i would ever get the chance to be face to face with this creep. i attached a couple pics Im fully aware that one screw missing from the skirt moulding wont in any way effect the functionality of the chassis,but thats really not the point...for what they charge it should be 100 percent just to be fully transparent. i did get an email saying i will be getting a refund but theyve decided they wont do business with me anymore...which also illustrates a childish mentality...i.e. youve hurt my feelings so i wont play with you anymore...ill be using the refund money to buy a scorched chassis, I honestly think scorched makes better parts anyway.

IMG_4967.jpg

IMG_4968.jpg

I feel there has to be something missing between you asking what you're supposed to do and the guy flying off the handle.

But yes, if you find a problem at the end of your assembly, you have two options - live with it or tear everything down and start again.

So were you asking for them to send you a refund and you keep the chassis? Or send you another chassis? What did you want from them? Of course they are going to ask you to send it back if you want a refund. A side skirt hole doesn't justify you getting the product for free. I have always heard nothing but good things from customer support.

I’ve had some not so pleasant experiences with M2C also. It’s sad really.

Yeah, that’s really weird to hear. M2C has a pretty stellar reputation. But hey, everybody is human. Maybe you were both just having a really bad day? I‘ve never heard anything negative about their customer service.
I’ve had some not so pleasant experiences with M2C also. It’s sad really.
Interesting. I only hear people rave about them for the most part. I have no personal experience there, though. I’ve ordered some smaller items like hubs and shock standoffs, but never had a reason to speak to anyone there.

For how much you pay for their generic "7075" material, I'd expect better quality control.

That being said, I'd ask for a partial refund and just send a self tapper through there since it's not a critical feature. That is unless you have a mill or this build was meant to be displayed on a shelf(highly doubtful by the plastic condition)

I bought a mojave chassis from m2c recently i got to the very end and found one of the holes that fasten the skirt moulding (that hold the step rails) was milled incorrectly. i emailed pics and got a response to send it back for a refund. I than called the phone number on their website. I explained to the guy that I just want what i paid for. What am i supposed to do? Just tear it back down and re install it on the factory chassis? It was at this point when this guy avery looper completely came unhinged and suggested i take the chassis and stick it up my a** Wow Ive been a long time customer and spent tons of money with them over the years. I can only access from all this that the old guy has stepped aside and turned the business over to a guy who needs therapy at the least or maybe some big mean guy to straighten him out...which is exactly what will happen if i would ever get the chance to be face to face with this creep. i attached a couple pics Im fully aware that one screw missing from the skirt moulding wont in any way effect the functionality of the chassis,but thats really not the point...for what they charge it should be 100 percent just to be fully transparent. i did get an email saying i will be getting a refund but theyve decided they wont do business with me anymore...which also illustrates a childish mentality...i.e. youve hurt my feelings so i wont play with you anymore...ill be using the refund money to buy a scorched chassis, I honestly think scorched makes better parts anyway.

View attachment 336549

View attachment 336550
It sucks that you have to tear it down again, but it sounds like you weren't happy with getting a refund and buying a new one. They only have two choices, and giving away a chassis probably isn't one of them. Refund with return or possibly discount the one you have. Anything else isn't logical for a business. Please elaborate on what you're expectations were and how you presented them to Avery. Not excusing the language of course, but as a small business owner, I'm sure they're faced with impossible expectations everyday and at some point, frustration sets in.

Caught him on a Grumpy day.. maybe?

View attachment 336549

View attachment 336550

Not sure if Mr. Looper wanted to give you a REFUND AND let you Keep his chassis too?? (Because of Christmas)
Over a ~2mm deviance on One of the side wall mounting 'hole'...

You're correct to Expect Better QC for a chassis that cost that much.
But, He's only human, and a ONE-man shop at that..

So, for a small business to ASK you to Return an obviously Defective product isn't out of the norm..

Even gigantus corporations like Walmart & Amazon asks you to return defective items Before refunding ,no?

Last edited:
Not trying to pick at anything, but you mention them illustrating a "childish mentality". Yet when presented with an standard, orderly, and relatively universal method of receiving reimbursement for a faulty product -- you resisted? Why wouldn't your statement of "childish mentality" also apply to your response as well? You're more than welcome to judge whoever you spoke with on a personal level, that's your prerogative as a customer. I do this all the time. But there are no written or unwritten expectations that you get to keep a product you're asking to get a refund for, particularly when you have no understanding about whether they may use that to further their QC process or learn from, etc. Disclaimer: i've never bought anything from M2C, so i have no personal experience with their products.

Apologies you had a faulty product, and that sucks. I can empathize with that as it has definitely happened to me as well -- taking time and energy from my day to resolve everything. But anything beyond the faulty product sounds like a "it takes two to tango" scenario.

Seems to me there are two possibilities:
  1. The chassis is unusable, in which case you need to tear down the car anyway.
  2. The chassis is usable, in which case I would ask for a partial refund. 50% off seems fair to me, as M2C can't sell it and for half off I'd be pretty happy drilling one hole or not worrying about the sideguard screw.

My Notorious chassis had the same issue on one screw hole for the side skirt. I just loosened up the rest of the screws and the screw went right in, then tightened down the others.
Same here I have one chassis from them. Nice chassis but 1-2 holes were a tad off.

That being said it wasn’t so much that I wasn’t able to loosen the other screws, insert last screw then tighten them all down.

Caught him on a Grumpy day.. maybe?

Not sure if Mr. Looper wanted to give you a REFUND AND let you Keep his chassis too?? (Because of Christmas)
Over a ~2mm deviance on One of the side wall mounting 'hole'...

You're correct to Expect Better QC for a chassis that cost that much.
But, He's only human, and a ONE-man shop at that..

So, for a small business to ASK you to Return an obviously Defective product isn't out of the norm..

Even gigantus corporations like Walmart & Amazon asks you to return defective items Before refunding ,no?

No they are not a one man shop at all.

From my own experience Mitch Looper is much better to deal with than Avery, Avery he can be a piece of work sometimes.

No they are not a one man shop at all.

From my own experience Mitch Looper is much better to deal with than Avery, Avery he can be a piece of work sometimes.

So is Mitch the son or Dad?

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back