Case closed...

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
2 weeks ago I received an ebay package I wasn't expecting. Turned out to be a curved pair of scissors I have ordered 2 yrs ago. The parcel looked pristine so I suppose it fell behind something for 2 years. The seller had resent me a replacement pair so I pinged them a note asking to put together an invoice so I could pay for them again.
Not is the same league as losing a Talion, but sometimes things can just take a long time to turn up.

What they have been doing lately in my hood for Amazon is saying item was delivered even though it wasn't and shows up a day or two later
That happened to me 3 days ago. I also had a pc case I ordered in the mail that showed up after I got the refund...Now I have a free case.

This kind of stuff is what makes me nervous about the classifieds section. Giving the trader the benefit of the doubt and assuming there was no intentional wrongdoing on his side, you don't have to be a genius to realize that you don't ship things in the way he did. I'll only deal with people with a solid reputation on the forum...I check their post history and make sure that it's not a bunch of BS stuff...I want to make sure they're a contributing member to the forum, and no, I don't mean contributing financially, I mean I look for signs that the forum is important to them, which in my head anyway, lessons the likelihood of them being a scumbag (again, I want to reiterate that I'm giving this person the benefit of the doubt and assuming the only wrongdoing on their side was temporary idiocy). I see way too many people with 57 posts (half of which are "Nice!" which makes it look like they were just trying to hit the 25 post requirement) trying to sell stuff in the classifieds. Maybe it's wrong of me, but I just am not willing to take the risk on them.

Sorry that happened @The_Otherside

Yeah I NEVER send stuff in OG box. Begging for theft there like with a Neon sign, "Take Me". Insured or not, it will be taken.
Been there. Box art alone says take me.:giggle: Pray that it shows up out of no where.
I turn the top inside out when I ship. And Insure any package over 50.00
Kind of a dilemma is he the shipper responsible? Partially responsible? As a seller on ebay from time to time I am on the hook and have been for post office and ups mistakes numerous times. If it doesn't make it to the buyer I am blamed. Sometimes yelled at for slow shipping etc...And either refund or ship another.

Last edited:
I hope one day it makes the incredible journey home!!

200.gif

Traded my Talion EXB RTR to a member for a Mojave EXB. He received my Talion, I never got his Mojave.

After 4 months, USPS closed my case.

He didn't ship with insurance. I'm left with nothing. Oh well. Lesson learned.

View attachment 200857
yeah thanks for the talion by the way its a fun rig

I have yet to purchase or trade anything on the forum but I agree completely.
I've purchased a few things and have not had issues, but they've been purchases from reputable members who are very active on the forum. There have been things that I was interested in, but the seller's lack of reputation, and in a few instances, the way they communicated, made me decide that I wouldn't deal with anyone who isn't a reputable member.

I turn the top inside out when I ship. And Insure any package over 50.00
Kind of a dilemma is he the shipper responsible? Partially responsible? As a seller on ebay from time to time I am on the hook and have been for post office and ups mistakes numerous times. If it doesn't make it to the buyer I am blamed. Sometimes yelled at for slow shipping etc...And either refund or ship another.
Since the transaction took place via this platform, it just kind of is what it is. When you use eBay, or even if you use PayPal goods and services, the buyer and seller are both protected. The seller is considered responsible for lost packages, because their terms and conditions say you're supposed to insure ALL packages that you send, or you will be on the hook if they're lost. The idea is insurance protects the sender from financial loss, and the policy protects the buyer.

I had a FedEx package that was supposedly delivered and signed for, but it never showed up. It had manufacturers markings on the outer box, so it obvious was an RC vehicle. Fortunately, Amain replaced it at no cost to me.

You sir, are a good man👍 You've managed to stay civil and that is something most couldn't do( myself included) much respect!! I'll pray that your mojave shows up for you brother🙏🤘👌👍
😆😆😆

I just know there's nothing I can do. I've had cars damaged by friends I let work on them, I've had purchased car parts from (different) friend while I was deployed only to have them sold and the money kept by said friend.

Just gotta stay positive :)

😆😆😆

I just know there's nothing I can do. I've had cars damaged by friends I let work on them, I've had purchased car parts from (different) friend while I was deployed only to have them sold and the money kept by said friend.

Just gotta stay positive :)

There's all kinds of folks out there.. Some of them are just careless (Different Level of Commitment) or just Extra Slimey...
Nothing you can do, You can't avoid them.. They're like bacteria.
What goes around, comes around.
And, Karma will catch up to those other folks.

You've done Plenty. You completed your part of the transaction.
Be Strong.

This kind of stuff is what makes me nervous about the classifieds section. Giving the trader the benefit of the doubt and assuming there was no intentional wrongdoing on his side, you don't have to be a genius to realize that you don't ship things in the way he did. I'll only deal with people with a solid reputation on the forum...I check their post history and make sure that it's not a bunch of BS stuff...I want to make sure they're a contributing member to the forum, and no, I don't mean contributing financially, I mean I look for signs that the forum is important to them, which in my head anyway, lessons the likelihood of them being a scumbag (again, I want to reiterate that I'm giving this person the benefit of the doubt and assuming the only wrongdoing on their side was temporary idiocy). I see way too many people with 57 posts (half of which are "Nice!" which makes it look like they were just trying to hit the 25 post requirement) trying to sell stuff in the classifieds. Maybe it's wrong of me, but I just am not willing to take the risk on them.

Sorry that happened @The_Otherside
True.
Nothing wrong with playing devils advocate when it comes to spending money.
Yet sometimes even a wet dream goes awry.:rolleyes:
Ordered TRBRC BB's sets from Cali. Scanned once at pickup from TRBRC. WAited some time, then called TRBRC, also a very nice guy.
He tracked it himself for a week. Called me to say he is shipping another set out Priority mail this time on him.. They came quickly.
He added that the original order might also show up and to keep them as a gift for the inconvenience.
They showed up months later out of nowhere. In a mangled package. But no damage to the BB's. I called TRBRC to thank him.
These vendors have shipping insurance and make claims. So they are covered. You couldn't run a business without insurance for shipped items.

Last edited:
I had a FedEx package that was supposedly delivered and signed for, but it never showed up. It had manufacturers markings on the outer box, so it obvious was an RC vehicle. Fortunately, Amain replaced it at no cost to me.
I once had a new Fuji bike supposedly delivered and signed for. Not by me or any neighbor. I spoke to the local UPS driver. He said he did not deliver any bike. He would have remembered the box. Checked with UPS office and they said it was delivered to the right address and even stated that the driver I spoke to delivered it. I believed the driver for some reason. And I was correct. Yet there was a signature provided to me.
Turns out the bike was crushed, driven over by a truck, had tires marks all over it. Was junk. I saw it when I went to the main UPS depot for the third time. It was sitting there with all broken damaged packages. The address/barcode was still visible. The seller was direct from Fuji Bikes.
UPS was just playing games. They can do this easily. It never even made it to the truck for delivery. How could there even be a signature??
The seller must have put in an insurance claim somewhere. UPS must have told the seller it was damaged before I even new. Both left me in the dark. UPS gave me the broken bike anyway. It was completely mangled. Tossed in the garbage after the seller shipped me another one. Seller and UPS were concealing it. Why I don't know. Took me months to sort this out and find all this out.. Called my CC and all. It was just a mess.

Last edited:
Wait I am not even kidding tho. @The_Otherside Is it yours? Is this how u shipped it?
That would be too cool, funny,almost? It would've came from the other member, whomever that might be.
My understanding is @The_Otherside sent out a talion and was supposed to receive a mojave?
Boy, that would be so awesome if it is the missing mojave🤘
@Exc3l ,maybe send a PM to @The_Otherside to see where the shipment was shipped from?

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back