Castle XLX 2 and 1100kv motor issues. Or XLX2 faulty anyone?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
how is anyone securing there battery’s and battery connections? This is one of the best esc”s for the 8s platform. Secure everything very well. I have secured my xlx2 with screws and double sided tape and connections with Velcro to where they will not come part. Also check centioms from motor to esc. If a bullet is lose on connection spread it out and make better connection. I love this esc. Beast mainly. Max 5 doesn’t come close on power with correct battery’s. Great battery’s work wonder on this esc. My spectrum battery’s will surge under full power. It’s telling me that these 8s battery’s are not adiquet for my running. Like castle makes an amazing product and if people keep bashing them they will limit this esc n the further. Run what you brung and be happy. This is a very capable esc for bashing. I love it. Amps are not a problem with this. Max 5 it can be. Esc temps are never over 90 degrees with this esc. Max 5 was in the 120s. This is my point fires can happen with either esc. Most of the time it’s a bad connection. Secure your battery’s connectors and motor connectors and you will Be a ok. Thanks for reading this rant lol

how is anyone securing there battery’s and battery connections? This is one of the best esc”s for the 8s platform. Secure everything very well. I have secured my xlx2 with screws and double sided tape and connections with Velcro to where they will not come part. Also check centioms from motor to esc. If a bullet is lose on connection spread it out and make better connection. I love this esc. Beast mainly. Max 5 doesn’t come close on power with correct battery’s. Great battery’s work wonder on this esc. My spectrum battery’s will surge under full power. It’s telling me that these 8s battery’s are not adiquet for my running. Like castle makes an amazing product and if people keep bashing them they will limit this esc n the further. Run what you brung and be happy. This is a very capable esc for bashing. I love it. Amps are not a problem with this. Max 5 it can be. Esc temps are never over 90 degrees with this esc. Max 5 was in the 120s. This is my point fires can happen with either esc. Most of the time it’s a bad connection. Secure your battery’s connectors and motor connectors and you will Be a ok. Thanks for reading this rant lol
My batteries are well secured. The regular two straps and one strap across the long side of the battery. The ESC is bolted down to the M2C plate and the plate bolts down to the Rx box. I use QS8 connectors. I don't care how powerful the Castle stuff is. If it can't take the extreme jumping, then it's worthless to me. Off road, when I tested the Max 6 against the MMX8S on my Mojavies, for example, there was no difference in punch or speed. I'm going to try out a Max 5 on at least my Outcast 8s. I know that the Max 5 inside my X-Maxx is an absolute beast. It's right there next to the XLX2 O8S and K8S. Also, the 1717 motor from Castle is JUNK when it comes to off road and jumping. Heck, it exploded right away on 8s! TWO OF THEM! One brand new and the other that I bought used with my EXB Mojave while on 8s. The 1717 didn't even last 1 battery pack on 8s. The Irony is that the Max 6 and 1650KV motor from HW takes 8s like it's no one business. And the HW motor is not even rated for 8s. I tried it several times in my Mojave, huge jumps and crashes. No problem. So as far as I'm concerned, the HW systems are top dog for extreme bashing. That's been my experience. And I'm not alone in that thought. Heck, I've seen someone take ONE jump with a little crash with the XLX2 and the thing caught on fire instantly. No excuses. Those bullets on the XLX2 are barely on that board. Yeah I crash a lot, but the HW stuff is way more durable for not so good bashers like me. Yes, I know that I'm part of the problem, but still. Even the best bashers crash once in a while. I don't see any of the big YT guys that send their rigs twice as high as I do use Castle systems. Even the fans on the XLX2 are garbage. One run and they break. Same thing with the MMX8S. The fans on the HW ESCS break too, but are easier to replace with smaller fans. The Castle stuff is more of a PITA when it comes to finding a replacement fan. Man I think that I complained enough 😅

I'll admit that I did have a couple of battery ejections, where the battery straps broke. The battery went flying out (that's why I use 3 straps now), but that was a long time ago. But I'm not sure if its the XLX2 on the O8S since I have several of them. On the second one, I yanked on the bullet thiking it was removable, so that one is on me. I damaged that one 😕. With that said, before going to straps, I had like at least 3 battery ejections from my X-Maxx while using the Max 5, and that ESC is still going strong. So that ESC faired better. Anyways, however you put it, no one can say that the HW stuff cannot handle extreme bashing. I just wanted to add those two things to this argument. Sometimes I forget things when I'm ranting. My bad . Honestly, if you see the end of the bullet on the XLX2 (the part that goes into the board), it's barely on there. That to me, looks like a weak point.

I'm going to probably do what I did with the Max 6 and MMX8S. I just might install a Max 5 on the O8S (and keep the Castle motor) and will still keep running my EXB K8S with the XLX2 and see if there's a big difference. I'm thinking for bashing and just jumping, probably not. Yeah maybe for speed runs and going around the track off road the XLX2 would be superior (at least I think). If I end up with the XLX2 from Castle (hopefully), then I can sell one and get a Max 5. I'll think about it 🤔

I'm going to probably do what I did with the Max 6 and MMX8S. I just might install a Max 5 on the O8S (and keep the Castle motor) and will still keep running my EXB K8S with the XLX2 and see if there's a big difference. I'm thinking for bashing and just jumping, probably not. Yeah maybe for speed runs and going around the track off road the XLX2 would be superior (at least I think). If I end up with the XLX2 from Castle (hopefully), then I can sell one and get a Max 5. I'll think about it 🤔
Others may feel I am missing out , but I don't feel that I am with my Max 5 1100 kv setup for my K8S. To each their own, its nice to have choices. You have done well to test various components in your rigs....you have the voice of experience

I have valued your input, and Im glad I have what I have. It aint fancy, but its a mean go getter bashing machine

Others may feel I am missing out , but I don't feel that I am with my Max 5 1100 kv setup for my K8S. To each their own, its nice to have choices. You have done well to test various components in your rigs....you have the voice of experience

I have valued your input, and Im glad I have what I have. It aint fancy, but its a mean go getter bashing machine
Thanks. I have to at least try the Max 5 with the Castle 2028 1100kv motor. Not sure if that ESC can handle the Castle motor, but I don't see why not. Also, the XLX2 is famous for pulling insane amounts of amps. That is great for speed runs. But I don't see the benefit of that while throwing my rig 26ft into the air a whole bunch of times. I'm also considering the ESCS that Rc juice sells. I wonder if they are as durable as the Max 5 one? The hobby star one looks like the better choice. I don't see anyone using these ESCS in the forum though.

https://www.rcjuice.com/leopard-bl5-200a-1-5-scale-waterproof-esc-2s-8s.html#header-compare

https://www.rcjuice.com/hobbystar-200a-brushless-esc-3-8s.html

Thanks. I have to at least try the Max 5 with the Castle 2028 1100kv motor. Not sure if that ESC can handle the Castle motor, but I don't see why not. Also, the XLX2 is famous for pulling insane amounts of amps. That is great for speed runs. But I don't see the benefit of that while throwing my rig 26ft into the air a whole bunch of times. I'm also considering the ESCS that Rc juice sells. I wonder if they are as durable as the Max 5 one? The hobby star one looks like the better choice. I don't see anyone using these ESCS in the forum though.

https://www.rcjuice.com/leopard-bl5-200a-1-5-scale-waterproof-esc-2s-8s.html#header-compare

Well sir..... what ya gotta do.... is get them set up in the K8S and O8S, and let 'Backflip' give them the workout!

Cant say as I am familiar with either one....

The Max5 ...s h o u l d..... handle the Castle 1100 ....(?)

Im glad I don't have these decisions to make..... ;) (Maybe I am too easily satisfied ......?)

Thanks. I have to at least try the Max 5 with the Castle 2028 1100kv motor. Not sure if that ESC can handle the Castle motor, but I don't see why not. Also, the XLX2 is famous for pulling insane amounts of amps. That is great for speed runs. But I don't see the benefit of that while throwing my rig 26ft into the air a whole bunch of times. I'm also considering the ESCS that Rc juice sells. I wonder if they are as durable as the Max 5 one? The hobby star one looks like the better choice. I don't see anyone using these ESCS in the forum though. Th

Well sir..... what ya gotta do.... is get them set up in the K8S and O8S, and let 'Backflip' give them the workout!

Im glad I don't have these decisions to make..... ;) (Maybe I am too easily satisfied ......?)
I guess I'm too much into the double and triple backflips with rigs that weigh over 30lbs and cost more than $3k 😅

Your are actually the smart one in this conversation. Heck, sometimes, when things go wrong in the air with big jumps, I'm starting to think that other people people that take more care of their rigs are smarter than me. The guys I bash with treat their rigs nice. One of them has a 25yr old Savage Flux with original servo ESC and motor. He only does little jumps and takes care of that RC. 🤣

Thanks. I have to at least try the Max 5 with the Castle 2028 1100kv motor. Not sure if that ESC can handle the Castle motor, but I don't see why not. Also, the XLX2 is famous for pulling insane amounts of amps. That is great for speed runs. But I don't see the benefit of that while throwing my rig 26ft into the air a whole bunch of times. I'm also considering the ESCS that Rc juice sells. I wonder if they are as durable as the Max 5 one? The hobby star one looks like the better choice. I don't see anyone using these ESCS in the forum though. Th

I guess I'm too much into the double and triple backflips with rigs that weigh over 30lbs and cost more than $3k 😅

Your are actually the smart one in this conversation. Heck, sometimes, when things go wrong in the air with big jumps, I'm starting to think that other people people that take more care of their rigs are smarter than me. The guys I bash with treat their rigs nice. One of them has a 25yr old Savage Flux with original servo ESC and motor. He only does little jumps and takes care of that RC. 🤣
I can prove you wrong in a heartbeat......

I don't see you neglecting your rigs..... you are enjoying them....;. there will be a point and time that I become more in touch with the K8S where stuff will break more....its just part of the deal with a 30 pound object going 40, 50 plus mph......

Plus you get to have good quality time your son (aka "Backflip')

I don't see you neglecting your rigs..... you are enjoying them....;. there will be a point and time that I become more in touch with the K8S where stuff will break more....its just part of the deal with a 30 pound object going 40, 50 plus mph......

That is true 🤣👍

I just got the xlx2 I was going to run it with a killmode 2350kv just wondering if it will be OK don't want it to catch on fire

This is not a fluke anymore. This happened today on my EXB K8S. I'm done with the XLX2 as far as hardcore bashing goes. So my K8S and O8S have no ESC to run with for now.

20220401_195101.jpg
20220401_195202.jpg

This is not a fluke anymore. This happened today on my EXB K8S. I'm done with the XLX2 as far as hardcore bashing goes. So my K8S and O8S have no ESC to run with for now.

View attachment 209724View attachment 209725

As you have been saying..... if you want all the data features, doing speed runs, etc, then the Castle is the way to go....

But you show what your experience has been with 8S rigs and the Castle setup....

Since I don't do speed runs and the data features are meaningless for me....Im glad I went HW in my 30 pound basher

As you have been saying..... if you want all the data features, doing speed runs, etc, then the Castle is the way to go....

But you show what your experience has been with 8S rigs and the Castle setup....

Since I don't do speed runs and the data features are meaningless for me....Im glad I went HW in my 30 pound basher
I'm glad you went with HW for your bashers too.

This really blows and I'm hoping it doesn't happen to the XLX2 in my k8s.
Trust me my friend. I'm not here to put down the Castle stuff. It's simply amazing at the speed run stuff and on road. Perhaps I'm part of the problem because I take some really big jumps and have landed upside down, sideways, tumbled for like 10 feet in a 30lbs beast while jumping 26ft sometimes. Heck it's amazing that these electronics can take even one jump. I just don't think these things are designed to take such abuse. I think that if you don't do huge jumps, it should be fine? I'm not sure anymore. With that said, I've put the Max 5 through pretty much the same thing twice as much. So that's that. I'm going to replace both of the XLX2 since I want to keep jumping high whenever I want to with two Max 5 ESCS.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back