CNHL for the win!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dure16

Premium Member!
Premium Member
Build Thread Contributor
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Fireteam
  2. Infraction
  3. Limitless
  4. Kraton EXB
  5. Talion
  6. Typhon 6s
  7. Typhon TLR
I've always been curious about 5S batteries. They seem like a great choice for lightweight 1/8 scale bashing where 4S is just okay and 6S is too much/heavy. And maybe speed running as well.

But there aren't many 5S batteries out there. At least not with high discharge ratings.

Well I asked CNHL about it last month and they actually delivered on the promise! I think that says a lot about the company and wanted to share. Thanks @Chinahobbyline

I'm excited to give these batteries a shot. Only at their global warehouse for now since supply is limited, but still free shipping over $150.

https://chinahobbyline.com/products...00mah-22-2v-5s-90c-lipo-battery-with-ec5-plug

1698416043508.png

I use 3S+4S packs for fun once in a while in 6S rigs with 8S ESCs, good stuff. Start up no LVC but until the Max 6G2s arrive just need to be careful with actual low voltage.

I'm with ya on the 5s.. in the past I would combine a 3s+2s of equal values to make 5s. Had an old HW Xerun 150a esc that would auto detect 5s. Used to run several 6s rigs on 5s. I think it's a great compromise between power and performance personally.
I saw Aldo Loyal was planning on running 10s in an O8S exb but ended up running 12s. Perhaps due to the lack of 5s high discharge batteries?
That's awesome that CNHL made them on request?!👍🍻
I have found only one other suitable 5s after much searching myself..

Screenshot_20231027-102515_Samsung Internet.jpg

Either of these 2 batteries should fit an O8S battery tray and allow it to run on 10s? Run time might be a bit short? Longer than 8s@5200 though as long as gearing is corrected? No matter, I don't have an esc rated for more than 8s. Or the O8S yet either..😔

Either of these 2 batteries should fit an O8S battery tray and allow it to run on 10s? Run time might be a bit short? Longer than 8s@5200 though as long as gearing is corrected? No matter, I don't have an esc rated for more than 8s. Or the O8S yet either..😔
Yes, yes, and yes

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back