CNHL and companies like them are TRASH

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Are they bad companies for charging me full price for their products 😆
Now who's making it a bit of a stretch?

This is the last thing I am adding to this conversation....

Some thought it was NOT bad of them or a bad business practice (everybody does it) ...so be it...

Some thought it was pretty shady and didn't like it and wanted to let others know about it...so be it.

In end CNHL changed the way they do sales. If this means more transparent pricing I'm sure everybody is okay with that.

Win Win!

This thread: 100 replies later

Me:
1701365776201.png

1701365893569.png

1701365979326.png

SMC is my 1st choice for batteries, and I didn't notice them playing this "discount" game. Only time I order from CHNL is for my small crawler batteries, which SMC doesn't carry.
SMC is legit and not some manipulative chinese company. I'm sad I forgot about the BF sale, really missed out. 😭

I think everyone in here knows they don't have to buy poop if they don't want to and that obviously wasn't the point of the thread. I got to inform people who might not have known how manipulative and shady they are and I got to see which people don't care what shady poop companies do as long as they're able to get what they want. :ROFLMAO:

Personally, I will still buy cnhl lipo when I see really good deals and I need some lipos. What I won't do is recommend them to others, at least not without a warning to watch out for the slimeball tactics.

No one said to throw anything away that you already paid for.
All I know is that I tried to communicate with them direct to their Co. email address with a simple question. And took them several weeks and 2 emails. They would not initially reply to their Username here on AF in regards to my questions. A reply that was well scripted and answered little. Couldn't explain what the Purple lipos were with no CNHL branding on them. Just that they are AMZ /Aliexpress only. Not on the official CNHL website, for some strange reason. But said they would warranty them??? Sounds fishy to me. Trying to "Save Face".
Not great Cust service to me.
I have CNHL's myself. 1 of 2 4s packs died within 2 years. Great race packs. But one died. One cell gave out. Puffed split open the hardcase and all. With maybe 20 cycles to them each. Crap happens. All lipos. I get it. I don't expect any warranty after a long period. But many of my Cheaper AMZ Sypoms and Zeee packs lasted way longer. Zeee replaced one pack immediately, just over 6 mos old. No issues. No questions. With higher priced lipos I expect better Warranty and customer service/tech support. I would still buy another CNHL, but only for a real good price. They were hot items 2 years back. Flooded the YT Influencers with them. Not so sure they are the flavor of the month anymore. :cool:
I bought 2 of their 4s batteries and one of them doesn't want to charge the last 2/10ths of a volt to reach full charge. Sometimes it will full charge sometimes not but I still run it anyway until it dies. Then I will probably buy another brand to replace both of them.

View attachment 334294

View attachment 334293

They have a BOGO sale right now and they have literally doubled the price on everything and now acting like it's some sale? I bought the same combo pack recently and now it's double the price under the bogo sale. This poop is beyond insulting tbh. They even doubled the price on the damn lipo bag and put a bogo sticker on it too.

@Chinahobbyline Shame on you
Sadly they are great batteries imho lol

ouch. how dumb does @Chinahobbyline think we are?
Well then I have to ask how dumb american companies are too as they do the same. Especially when its black friday. So please don't blame others, when all do this poopy sales. Its in the nature of men to get as much money as possible and there are enough idiots out there who still buy it. Even if they know. Thats why I stopped buying things on black friday. I wait until there is a reduction or normal special sales.

Well then I have to ask how dumb american companies are too as they do the same. Especially when its black friday. So please don't blame others, when all do this poopy sales. Its in the nature of men to get as much money as possible and there are enough idiots out there who still buy it. Even if they know. Thats why I stopped buying things on black friday. I wait until there is a reduction or normal special sales.
I would personally love to know which american companies had bogo sales with double the price. Got any sources?

This thread has more than ran it's course.

To pretend any company is "trash" because of a black friday "sale" is rather humorous to say the least. It's almost like some people believe companies look forward all year to black friday so they can offer their products up for free or near free to us the customers. That's insane and I'm not sure what world some people are living in but that's not reality.

For the members who seemed shocked beyond belief that a company would increase the price of a single unit before offing a "sale" or "bogo" clearly either just started shopping yesterday or have paid zero attention to prices in the past. In either case, hopefully this is a learning lesson for everyone to pay more attention to prices and more importantly to the marketing companies deploy against you.

Here is a quick example of a purchase I just made myself. Last month I was looking for a hexclad pan set for the kitchen. I asked about them on another forum of mine and was given good feedback and a couple members suggested I buy right away as they had a nice 30% off sale.

That "sale" wasn't a sale at all. In fact it's been the normal price for months. In fact, the company only changed the so called "normal" price to make the "sale" price seem better from time to time.

On Nov 6 they offered a nice "33% discount"
1702044866813.png

Which seems nice at face value, but man I wish I would have bought the set back in May of this year for it's 48% off!!!!

1702044923020.png

Oh wait...

This is marketing 101 people.

Don't pretend this has never happened before. There is a long history of it and not from just one or two or three companies - this something companies do.

Here are two links to help those that are still struggling with this:

https://thehustle.co/are-buy-one-get-one-free-deals-worth-it/
https://www.fool.com/the-ascent/per...ree-deals-arent-always-as-good-as-they-sound/

Is HexClad a trash company for offering a so called "33% or 48%" discount when in fact the price remained the exact same for the exact same item(s)... no?

No more than CNHL. Now if CNHL batteries start randomly exploding or their customer service routinely tells you to bugger off - well then now that's a different discussion. But let's stop with the dramatics because you got offended over a "sale" when you were hoping for something more.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back