CNHL and companies like them are TRASH

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I like buying cars but I do it a little differently. The majority of a dealer's negotiating leverage relies on you being present at the dealership. They are good at playing that game - much better than you or me.

So I don't go to the dealership or give out my phone number. After I've decided on car, trim, and color options, I do the entire negotiation via email - price, fees, financing, timing, etc. And I openly share quotes from multiple dealerships to work each one down lower in price. I only set foot at the dealership once everything is complete and to trade my signature for the keys.

It's not as much work as it seems, and following this process has saved me tons of time, money, and stress.

Back to CNHL - I'm a big fan of their batteries and their customer service. And they really do offer some great sales from time to time.

Why even bother doing that?
Now a days ,you can tell ChatGPT to write and answer your dealership(S) emails for you. 🤣

Forgot about those folks...
Guess they'll go the way of the dodo bird, just like its originator - CircuitCity.

They shot themselves in the foot ,Big time!!
Wonder how many of the Mega car groups will survive...
I know about AutoNation, Sonic, Penske, and Van Tuyl.
Yeah the Fleet business is hurting also. Municpal fleets are still ok so far.

Out of College, first job, I was an Avis Executive. At their WHQ in L.I.
I was Avis Fleet Sales Director for North America region. Did that for a few years until I moved on. It wasn't my thing, but my college got me the interview, and they hired me. A stuffy office job IMHO. Decent pay. New Company car etc. Travel perks.. Expense acct. If you made all your bonuses, you were doing 6 figures. This back in the early 80's.

View attachment 334294

View attachment 334293

They have a BOGO sale right now and they have literally doubled the price on everything and now acting like it's some sale? I bought the same combo pack recently and now it's double the price under the bogo sale. This poop is beyond insulting tbh. They even doubled the price on the damn lipo bag and put a bogo sticker on it too.

@Chinahobbyline Shame on you
Wow ,and I was thinking about getting a few 4s packs 🤔 not no more I won't..they just lost another customer.
They should have used some Chinese Knock-off KY Jelly. They shorted us like they always do with little if any Silicone oils in the Diffs.
It would be more pleasurable at least with some lube..:unsure:
That china knock off diff lube is just peanut oil 🤣🤣

I ordered several batteries recently on flash sales. 2 of them never arrived. I emailed, she said be patient they were shipping from different warehouses. I waited, they never showed. I emailed back and she said it must have been a warehouse oversight. So...when I emailed to let her know they never showed, I decided to mention the the flash sales were legit but, the BOGO sale, doubling the price was offensive. I got this reply this morning 😂
Screen Shot 2023-11-29 at 9.27.00 AM.png

No telling how many people fell for it..

Last edited:
I guess my point is, I don’t really have enough energy to care about something so small. In most forms of sales there is always a way they manipulate the numbers so it looks like the consumer is getting a better deal.

Car dealerships are a perfect example. They’ll always push numbers around so it looks like you’re getting a steal until you look closer and realize it’s just a sales tactic.

I agree, it is a really terrible sale CNHL had, but at the end of the day, I just have more important stuff to worry about.
Comparing a company to a car dealership is pretty low. In fact most dealerships only exist because laws are written to not allow customers to buy direct from the manufacturer.

What might seem “small” to you could be somebody’s pay check they spent on lipos. Just because the dollar amount is smaller doesn’t make it any less insignificant.

I understand this is just a hobby and we don’t have to buy anything but I am sincerely glad @Moirae called out CNHL like this. Business practices like this need to stop and the attitude well everyone does it just giving into the shady businesses and allowing this to happen.

Comparing a company to a car dealership is pretty low. In fact most dealerships only exist because laws are written to not allow customers to buy direct from the manufacturer.

What might seem “small” to you could be somebody’s pay check they spent on lipos. Just because the dollar amount is smaller doesn’t make it any less insignificant.

I understand this is just a hobby and we don’t have to buy anything but I am sincerely glad @Moirae called out CNHL like this. Business practices like this need to stop and the attitude well everyone does it just giving into the shady businesses and allowing this to happen.

If you’re spending an entire paycheck on lipos, your priorities are a bit mixed up.

Car dealerships is an example but you can take any form of sales and find a crappy sales tactic.

If you really want to end the crappy sales tactics that ALL companies use, going after a little lipo company is probably the wrong place to start. That’s like trying to get a new president by electing a new mayor.

If you’re spending an entire paycheck on lipos, your priorities are a bit mixed up.

Car dealerships is an example but you can take any form of sales and find a crappy sales tactic.

If you really want to end the crappy sales tactics that ALL companies use, going after a little lipo company is probably the wrong place to start. That’s like trying to get a new president by electing a new mayor.
I blame the blue states 🤣

Fake sales suck..!! But lets be honest ALL shops/business's do it, (cough, cough, BLACK FRIDAY I'm looking at you) if you can't see past the bull:poop: sales well I feel sorry for you, just vote with your wallet and don't buy anything.!!

As for CNHL, all I have ever got from them is good quality batteries at seriously good prices and with a performance that is far superior to most other brands out there..!! so for me personally it's win win :cool: #SeriouslyGoodBatteries #CNHL

So far, I have been very happy with the CNHL flash sales I got from my email. I have been running the CNHLS now for a few months and for the money they are the best performing batteries I have- for the money. I am charging more into them than the rating on the labels. The only other batteries that I have that do that are the SMC's and Gens A. You guys just have to watch for the flash sales, and keep an eye on the regular pricing so you know when there is a deal. A sucker is born every second.

I'm confused as to how you guys are just like "welp decent customer service so who cares". That is nuts to me, just because they have decent customer service, which every company should have! doesn't mean what they're doing is okay or justified. Main reason they even get away with poop like this is because half of you are indifferent because they helped you like they SHOULD HAVE. How are we giving brownie points to a company for doing their job? if they didn't do their job no one would buy from them. It's definitely not out of the kindness of their hearts.

I have more CNHL lipos than any other brand. I've spent I don't know how much money with them and from my pov thats all the more reason why the poop practices are insulting. We would all still buy the lipos even without the poop tactics. They don't have to use blatantly dishonest tactics an especially not because "everyone else is doing it" which is more nonsense that was posted in this thread. I can't even believe that logic was used by people in here tbh.

I'm really surprised to see so many people defend this poop and it's definitely not what I was expecting when I made this thread. I guess I'm the crazy one :eek: :ROFLMAO:
I agree. They do have good CS. But still the point of this thread I think, was to point out the stupid tactics. Also think assuming someone complaining about customer service means they are Karen's or Kyles is out of touch. We vent here about everything, what I don't like is when people here start attacking people here if they complain or disagree with the point of view. I could say that you can assume that people that assume things about other people follow in line with Making an booty of you and I lol, but then I would be assuming.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back