Felony Cooked my first spektrum 150a

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Felony
  2. Kraton EXB
  3. Senton 3s
I don't know what happened with it.. just keeps rebooting when I apply throttle or reverse!! 💯

I tried disconnecting servo and unplugging phases while it was on, did a hard reset as well and still nothing!! It is about a year old and I know rtr's were bad about dying early, no abuse has ever really been put to it!?

I know it's, doneski.. but has anyone ever figured out why this happens, it's been brought up a few times on the AF displaying the same symptoms, no resolve.. except one guy it was just the servo

Damn Spektrum over here making me look bad!! 🤬

looking-bad-bad.gif

Bon appetit! :LOL:

Edit: I keeeed....that sucks man. As for why...without knowing anything, as many of the 150A Spektrums as they must produce, that could just be a staistical normality. I haven't seen a cause or solution for that problem either though. Perhaps "cheap shizzle" explains it. 🤷‍♂️

Last edited:
I know it's, doneski.. but has anyone ever figured out why this happens
I’m not sure, but I’ve read it’s a very low quality rebranded Hobbywing 150a esc, but with pretty high timing to get the most speed out of it. As a result the esc gets very hot, especially if you run it hard or increase gearing.

😒

I did actually put the 27t in it.. and now that I think back it did cutout.. but I just figured it was a low lipo!? Also the temps were fine.. I just plugged my programmer in and I guess I never saved the timing setting, thought I knocked it down to 15.. anyway yea fun fun, maybe I'll try a new connector💯
I’m not sure, but I’ve read it’s a very low quality rebranded Hobbywing 150a esc, but with pretty high timing to get the most speed out of it. As a result the esc gets very hot, especially if you run it hard or increase gearing.

All done.. Rd 2, let's go!! 💯

Same setup, let's put this fresh firma to the test.. if it can't handle a 15 (max) second pull with the 27T, 15° timing, and punch on 2 then Spektrum just might loose a fan!!

Starting to notice, or it appears that they are solely focused in or around everything RTR, which is lame!! 😤

IMG_20230505_160927736_HDR.jpg

All done.. Rd 2, let's go!! 💯

Same setup, let's put this fresh firma to the test.. if it can't handle a 15 (max) second pull with the 27T, 15° timing, and punch on 2 then Spektrum just might loose a fan!!

Starting to notice, or it appears that they are solely focused in or around everything RTR, which is lame!! 😤

View attachment 297571
That didn't take long! What was the issue?

wire came out of my 150a firma on mine and went up in flames

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back