Vendetta Diffs out of my 150mph vendetta

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

K-BASH

Very Active Member
Build Thread Contributor
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. BigRock 4x4
  2. Mojave
  3. Notorious
  4. Senton 6s
  5. Senton 3s
  6. Typhon 6s
So last July I bought arrma metal input gear ,ring gear an cup 50-60$.for just rear cause that's all I was blowing out...thought is was better than the HR at the time...more weight an more power an then I started blowing front diffs under braking....so I took a chance on a cheap aluminum diff from ebay that hobbyking had...installed it an ran it with no issues..some test hits today I heard the dreadful skipping,stripping of gears under power.disassembled car an compared diffs closely for 1st time..the arrma diff has much more runtime on it,but the teeth surface area an much longer input shaft an a bunch of 130,140,an few 150 hits an I'm sold on the 31$ diffs...arrma diffs stripped 2 spools teeth cause the short teeth..input gear on arrma diff about done

Screenshot_20230415-143028_eBay.jpg

20230415_142101.jpg

Screenshot_20230415-143055_eBay.jpg

20230415_141852.jpg

20230415_133147.jpg

20230415_141710.jpg

20230415_142041.jpg

20230415_141953.jpg

20230415_141731.jpg

Them $30 diffs are prolly better metal and heat treated. But holy wear!
Already bout another 31$..these diffs saw LOTS of hits...fastest,last 5s hit car put out 12.8hp at 152mph throu stock plastic axles..I've broke 1 since car became a 120+ speedcar,crazy..

I'm sorry..
My English must be off today..

So you're saying to go with the ebayer
Hobbyking diff version , correct?
Because of longer teeth and input shaft, yes??

I do like that the pinion and ring gear mesh has more surface area on the red diff, but it looks like the pinion gear is hitting the diff case. Are there any shims on the pinion shaft that you can take out to get some clearance between the pinion and the diff case?

On my Infraction 3s (same chassis as Vendetta) I'm running the Arrma CNC steel-geared transmission modules. They came filled with diff fluid properly, and the mesh was smooth as glass without the need for additional shims or loosening the yoke screws. Unfortunately, Arrma discontinued them, and now only offer the 4s diffs with sintered steel ring and pinion gears as an upgrade to the stock diffs. I did replace the yokes on the CNC diffs with the HR aluminum yokes, but it wasn't necessary.

I'm sorry..
My English must be off today..

So you're saying to go with the ebayer
Hobbyking diff version , correct?
Because of longer teeth and input shaft, yes??
Yes,otherwise the you'll strip teeth off HOT RACING spool.stripped 3 spools before upgrading spool
I do like that the pinion and ring gear mesh has more surface area on the red diff, but it looks like the pinion gear is hitting the diff case. Are there any shims on the pinion shaft that you can take out to get some clearance between the pinion and the diff case?

On my Infraction 3s (same chassis as Vendetta) I'm running the Arrma CNC steel-geared transmission modules. They came filled with diff fluid properly, and the mesh was smooth as glass without the need for additional shims or loosening the yoke screws. Unfortunately, Arrma discontinued them, and now only offer the 4s diffs with sintered steel ring and pinion gears as an upgrade to the stock diffs. I did replace the yokes on the CNC diffs with the HR aluminum yokes, but it wasn't necessary.
It's fixed now..runs super smooth

So last July I bought arrma metal input gear ,ring gear an cup 50-60$.for just rear cause that's all I was blowing out...thought is was better than the HR at the time...more weight an more power an then I started blowing front diffs under braking....so I took a chance on a cheap aluminum diff from ebay that hobbyking had...installed it an ran it with no issues..some test hits today I heard the dreadful skipping,stripping of gears under power.disassembled car an compared diffs closely for 1st time..the arrma diff has much more runtime on it,but the teeth surface area an much longer input shaft an a bunch of 130,140,an few 150 hits an I'm sold on the 31$ diffs...arrma diffs stripped 2 spools teeth cause the short teeth..input gear on arrma diff about done

View attachment 293077

View attachment 293078

View attachment 293079

View attachment 293080

View attachment 293081

View attachment 293082

View attachment 293083

View attachment 293084

View attachment 293085
I see what you are talking about now! Didn't expect a cheap diff to be so good also how does the longer pinion fit on your Typhon? And another question the shim that it came with?

Wait so you are saying I should untighten the yoke screws? Mine is a little hard to spin with screws tightened fully I've run it once, nothing went wrong. Sounded a bit off tho but I've never used an aluminum diff. I'm also using a shim to bring them further that came in the box. So should I keep it as is?

Last edited:
I see what you are talking about now! Didn't expect a cheap diff to be so good also how does the longer pinion fit on your Typhon? And another question the shim that it came with?

Wait so you are saying I should untighten the yoke screws? Mine is a little hard to spin with screws tightened fully I've run it once, nothing went wrong. Sounded a bit off tho but I've never used an aluminum diff. I'm also using a shim to bring them further that came in the box. So should I keep it as is?
Not sure what ya mean by longer pinion fit????I didn't use any of the shims...I only run lower voltage so I run my diffs super loose for better rolling car

Not sure what ya mean by longer pinion fit????I didn't use any of the shims...I only run lower voltage so I run my diffs super loose for better rolling car
The diff pinion is alot longer where it connects to the motor mount, I had to sand it down alot for it too fit. Your arrma diff pinion is definitely alot shorter as I can see in the pictures.

Oh now it makes sense. Looks nice! I love how you are still using the stock motor mount 😆
Ive run 150s with mostly stock parts...plastic axles an all..amazing platform
Just ran 127mph on 1 3s pack ealier..fast car
Oh now it makes sense. Looks nice! I love how you are still using the stock motor mount 😆
What's funny is,,,,yesterday I got to see the 2nd fastest guy in the world run his 200+mph car an look what steering servo he runs...stock 10$ arrma servo...crazy huh..don't need top of the line expensive parts to go fast...

Screenshot_20230514-144131_Messages.jpg

Last edited:
Ive run 150s with mostly stock parts...plastic axles an all..amazing platform
Just ran 127mph on 1 3s pack ealier..fast car

What's funny is,,,,yesterday I got to see the 2nd fastest guy in the world run his 200+mph car an look what steering servo he runs...stock 10$ arrma servo...crazy huh..don't need top of the line expensive parts to go fast...

View attachment 299718
Holly poop your car is moving 😂 I don't get how that Chinese special diff is holding on. Anyways now that's scary! Imagine that servo dies on you on 200mph+ that car is gone! You don't need a good servo to get speed but once you need it and doesn't work everything's gone!

Holly poop your car is moving 😂 I don't get how that Chinese special diff is holding on. Anyways now that's scary! Imagine that servo dies on you on 200mph+ that car is gone! You don't need a good servo to get speed but once you need it and doesn't work everything's gone!
Servo works great on that car😆😆😆something let go at 184mph an he made an incredible save using that stock servo..some amazing driving to say the least

Servo works great on that car😆😆😆something let go at 184mph an he made an incredible save using that stock servo..some amazing driving to say the least
That's nice to hear, I've heard some bad things about arrmas servos and I've killed 2 my self, Still using an arrma one tho from a Mojave 😂. Also that driver must have the skill of an f1 driver, I've seen people lose control but never save it

That's nice to hear, I've heard some bad things about arrmas servos and I've killed 2 my self, Still using an arrma one tho from a Mojave 😂. Also that driver must have the skill of an f1 driver, I've seen people lose control but never save it
Sure you've seen this car

Screenshot_20230514-150154_Chrome.jpg

Tony definitely runs some fast rigs also but good lord the road he's doing it on is shortttt. If he had more space?? He isn't bashing on those servos though and thats probably a lot to do with folks having bad luck with them.

Will those same ebay diffs work in the big rock? More surface area is definitely something I'd be interested in when I start having issues with mine. I've got the blx v3 rock but don't they still use the plastic pinion/ring gear?

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back