Do NOT buy ZOP Power LiPo batteries

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I share my experience with ZOP Power LiPO batteries.

It all started on Dec / 19/2020 I bought from Banggood.com ZOP Power 14.8V 5000mAh 60C 4S Lipo Battery

View attachment 152882

The goods arrived on 2020-12-30 and at the beginning I was satisfied with the purchase. The batteries were decent and I also rated 5+ on BANGGOOD .com

View attachment 152883

But everything changed earlier this month in 2021-06 when the battery started to swell. The battery is beautifully stored and always charged with a Balance charger.
Currently, the condition of the battery is very poor and dangerous. There is also a ZOP POWER type error written about it in this forum:

[IMG alt="MacSpacey"]https://www.arrmaforum.com/data/avatars/m/14/14681.jpg?1584463103[/IMG]

MacSpacey

Well-Known Member:​

Hello there people that are kind and full of knowledge. I come here today to ask for help amd information about the LIPO Battery's from ZOP which you can buy from Banggood for such low prices and even some guys on YouTube are bashing with em and all that I've heard about them is that they work perfectly fine. But is it perfectly fine for the price they are, or are they just perfectly fine all around? Because I am not sure what to expect from a battery pack that if I would go to my local hobby store and I buy a gensacearespammers 5000mAH 50C 3s LIPO for €50.- ( in dollars it would be $ 57.30) and I see what a ZOP would cost same 5000 mAh 50C discharge rate 3s LIPO, IT IS A HUGE DIFFERENCE IN PRICE

Adamj804

Well-Known Member​

I heard they are awful. I guy just did a video on YT about how they puffed after a week of use.

[IMG alt="slick2500"]https://www.arrmaforum.com/data/avatars/m/4/4238.jpg?1552195781[/IMG]

slick2500

If it ain't broke, you're doing it wrong.​

I had some, and as @Adamj804 said they were awful. Cells were beyond mismatched, it would take 2 hours to balance them, after a run the voltages were all over the place, packs would swell and get hot. Trust me when I tell you this those batteries are cheap for a reason, they have zero qc, the cells are mismatched within the packs, the C rate isn't anywhere close to what they are advertised as and the capacity of the packs is also never close to what is on the pack.

[IMG alt="suchtragedy"]https://www.arrmaforum.com/data/avatars/m/14/14226.jpg?1584510499[/IMG]

suchtragedy

(┛ಠ_ಠ)┛彡ɯɹɐ loɹʇuoɔ ǝʞoɹq​

Premium Member
Build Thread Contributor

I bought a pair of 4s 4500 mAh/45c with bangood points and a coupon code a few weeks ago. In the end I paid 30 bucks after discounts and for 30 bucks I was willing to gamble on it lmao. They haven't come in yet but when they do I can report back my thoughts.

[IMG alt="Camaroboy383"]https://www.arrmaforum.com/data/avatars/m/12/12257.jpg?1568759521[/IMG]

Camaroboy383

Invention is the mother of necessity!​

Premium Member
ArrmaForum Fan
Excellence Award

Build Thread Contributor

i bought 6 2s packs for my crawler, i had very similar results as @slick2500.. 4200 mah packs that never took above 3400 back in.. and that number got worse and worse as the weeks went on.. 4 out of the 6 are no good after 2 months, the other 2 are almosy dead as well.. one will take in 2800 + or - and the other takes in 2400 + or -... keep in mind these were run in a crawler, i cant imagine putting them into something that draws good amperage...

--------------------------------
I do not recommend buying Zop Power batteries.

I bought two batteries and both have exactly the same problem.

Suitable for low power car. Not for XRAY XB8e.

Rather, invest in more expensive batteries. And keep an eye on your current ZopPower batteries. Or if you don't have them, don't buy either ...

I'm disappointed

View attachment 152884
I've got many of them, as kev talbot recommended earlier, and I love them, never had one fail yet, have some newer 100cs as well, 2s, 3s, 4s, and 6s, the 6s are awesome for bashing, light and strong.
Haven't used them in 8s rigs, as I want 100c there and the 4s ones I have are only 45c.
I can recommend them.
Have a new pair of expensive 100c 7200mah 4s zeees for outcast and kraton 8s , they puff and get warm, suggesting their discharge rate is probably fake.

I've got many of them, as kev talbot recommended earlier, and I love them, never had one fail yet, have some newer 100cs as well, 2s, 3s, 4s, and 6s, the 6s are awesome for bashing, light and strong.
Haven't used them in 8s rigs, as I want 100c there and the 4s ones I have are only 45c.
I can recommend them.
Have a new pair of expensive 100c 7200mah 4s zeees for outcast and kraton 8s , they puff and get warm, suggesting their discharge rate is probably fake.
All of them are fake unfortunately. https://www.arrmaforum.com/threads/c-rates-what-is-the-deal.17174/
Using C rate as your basis for buying lipo batteries is almost always going to end in disappointment.

Last edited:
I got 2 or the ZOP 5200s last year and they were (and still are) great. No issues.

I bought 2 more back in May and they were terrible. Each arrived unbalanced with multiple cells below 3.3V. To be fair, banggood did replace them with relatively little hassle and the replacements have been fine.

Quality control is inconsistent, but i guess you get what you pay for.

I got 2 or the ZOP 5200s last year and they were (and still are) great. No issues.

I bought 2 more back in May and they were terrible. Each arrived unbalanced with multiple cells below 3.3V. To be fair, banggood did replace them with relatively little hassle and the replacements have been fine.

Quality control is inconsistent, but i guess you get what you pay for.
I have a theory that these Chinese companies that sell these cheap lipos buy the cells that are rejected by the top tier companies, hence the reason they are so inconsistent in quality.

Last edited:
Still, ive probably got 20 of them, 2s 3s 4s 6s, they all perform and don't puff up, we used one today that's 10 years old man
Zop Power hasn't even been around for 10 years.

656_no_bullshit_decal__38957.jpg

I share my experience with ZOP Power LiPO batteries.

It all started on Dec / 19/2020 I bought from Banggood.com ZOP Power 14.8V 5000mAh 60C 4S Lipo Battery

View attachment 152882

The goods arrived on 2020-12-30 and at the beginning I was satisfied with the purchase. The batteries were decent and I also rated 5+ on BANGGOOD .com

View attachment 152883

But everything changed earlier this month in 2021-06 when the battery started to swell. The battery is beautifully stored and always charged with a Balance charger.
Currently, the condition of the battery is very poor and dangerous. There is also a ZOP POWER type error written about it in this forum:

[IMG alt="MacSpacey"]https://www.arrmaforum.com/data/avatars/m/14/14681.jpg?1584463103[/IMG]

MacSpacey

Well-Known Member:​

Hello there people that are kind and full of knowledge. I come here today to ask for help amd information about the LIPO Battery's from ZOP which you can buy from Banggood for such low prices and even some guys on YouTube are bashing with em and all that I've heard about them is that they work perfectly fine. But is it perfectly fine for the price they are, or are they just perfectly fine all around? Because I am not sure what to expect from a battery pack that if I would go to my local hobby store and I buy a gensacearespammers 5000mAH 50C 3s LIPO for €50.- ( in dollars it would be $ 57.30) and I see what a ZOP would cost same 5000 mAh 50C discharge rate 3s LIPO, IT IS A HUGE DIFFERENCE IN PRICE

Adamj804

Well-Known Member​

I heard they are awful. I guy just did a video on YT about how they puffed after a week of use.

[IMG alt="slick2500"]https://www.arrmaforum.com/data/avatars/m/4/4238.jpg?1552195781[/IMG]

slick2500

If it ain't broke, you're doing it wrong.​

I had some, and as @Adamj804 said they were awful. Cells were beyond mismatched, it would take 2 hours to balance them, after a run the voltages were all over the place, packs would swell and get hot. Trust me when I tell you this those batteries are cheap for a reason, they have zero qc, the cells are mismatched within the packs, the C rate isn't anywhere close to what they are advertised as and the capacity of the packs is also never close to what is on the pack.

[IMG alt="suchtragedy"]https://www.arrmaforum.com/data/avatars/m/14/14226.jpg?1584510499[/IMG]

suchtragedy

(┛ಠ_ಠ)┛彡ɯɹɐ loɹʇuoɔ ǝʞoɹq​

Premium Member
Build Thread Contributor

I bought a pair of 4s 4500 mAh/45c with bangood points and a coupon code a few weeks ago. In the end I paid 30 bucks after discounts and for 30 bucks I was willing to gamble on it lmao. They haven't come in yet but when they do I can report back my thoughts.

[IMG alt="Camaroboy383"]https://www.arrmaforum.com/data/avatars/m/12/12257.jpg?1568759521[/IMG]

Camaroboy383

Invention is the mother of necessity!​

Premium Member
ArrmaForum Fan
Excellence Award

Build Thread Contributor

i bought 6 2s packs for my crawler, i had very similar results as @slick2500.. 4200 mah packs that never took above 3400 back in.. and that number got worse and worse as the weeks went on.. 4 out of the 6 are no good after 2 months, the other 2 are almosy dead as well.. one will take in 2800 + or - and the other takes in 2400 + or -... keep in mind these were run in a crawler, i cant imagine putting them into something that draws good amperage...

--------------------------------
I do not recommend buying Zop Power batteries.

I bought two batteries and both have exactly the same problem.

Suitable for low power car. Not for XRAY XB8e.

Rather, invest in more expensive batteries. And keep an eye on your current ZopPower batteries. Or if you don't have them, don't buy either ...

I'm disappointed

View attachment 152884
Same here. 4S 5000mA60C but only used at less than 20C never fully discharged, always charged gently at 2.5A max on a balanced charger. One cell swelled horribly and one slightly after only 10 uses and a month in storage at 4.00V. but my 3S4500 mA 35C were good

I've mentioned it elsewhere and I'll say it again.
Look at Kevin Talbot earlier threads. I've got 20 plus 2s 3s 4s 6s of these batteries, some 10 years old, YES 10.
they're awesome no problems whatsoever.
One of them, 3s 500 man 60c puffs up a bit, due to the battery tray of my boys car being suboptimal, I need to fix t h st. We're stl using it '- 0 issues
Zop Power hasn't even been around for 10 years.

View attachment 165378
I bought my first battery in 2015 , 8 years ago, 2s 6000mah 35c still going

I've got 2 ZOP 4s 100c, one that is now a 3 cell and won't charge. I still have the other one which I only use to power the DC side of my charger. Not worth the time and effort if you ask me.

CNHL batteries are really really good and good value as are Ovonic Zee and I also run Spektrum G2's which I love except for the size of em. Just too small at the end of the day.
Crap I forgot I have 2 9k mAh 4s LiHV batts from ZOP oh boy lol Not sure what I'm gonna do with those now smh.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back