Don't drink and drive. Carnage

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RaymondNoodles

Fairly New Member
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Typhon 3s
So this happened yesterday. Hit a parked car's tire doing probably 40mph while showing the relatives the new RC, on Easter Sunday, after a few drinks šŸ˜¬ OOPS! Got some work ahead. Less obvious than the broken chassis is the broken battery strap and front upper tie rod. Guess it could have been worse. Motor, ESC, shocks, servo all appear to be intact.
1617628927941.png

So this happened yesterday. Hit a parked car's tire doing probably 40mph while showing the relatives the new RC, on Easter Sunday, after a few drinks šŸ˜¬ OOPS! Got some work ahead. Less obvious than the broken chassis is the broken battery strap and front upper tie rod. Guess it could have been worse. Motor, ESC, shocks, servo all appear to be intact.
View attachment 137338
Sorry, but that is impressive lol.

I think that's everything šŸ¤ž.

ARA320608 COMPOSITE CHASSIS - LWB
AR310884 COMPOSITE CENTRE SLIDER DRIVESHAFT SET
AR330470 ROD END SET
AR330542 STEEL TURNBUCKLE M4x48mm (Black) (2pcs)
AR320413 BATTERY MOUNTING SET
AR320399 F/R COMPOSITE UPPER GEARBOX COVERS/SHOCK TOWER
AR320400 RADIO BOX SET
AR340137 STEERING POST (2PCS)
ARA340179 STEERING PARTS SET

Half of the parts are on backorder. What's up with that? Anybody want to buy this car?

I think that's everything šŸ¤ž.

AR330470 ROD END SET
AR330542 STEEL TURNBUCKLE M4x48mm (Black) (2pcs)
AR320413 BATTERY MOUNTING SET
AR320400 RADIO BOX SET
AR340137 STEERING POST (2PCS)

Half of the parts are on backorder. What's up with that? Anybody want to buy this car?
How much? Or are you just saying that?
@jondilly1974 has a battery he might trade for it.

Hey just a heads up, check that aluminum motor mount plate. My chassis breaking impact , though not as spectacular as yours, bent the plate,. The weight of the motor has a significant amount of momentum. I didn't find out until waiting nearly 3 weeks for the new chassis, then had to wait another week for the replacement mount.

How much? Or are you just saying that?
@jondilly1974 has a battery he might trade for it.
I would take $250 shipped including TX/RX. Not sure if this deal would make sense for anyone. They are $348 new after tax. I don't mind making the repairs, I'm actually kind of looking forward to it.

I purchased these parts today from LHS and would include with sale:

AR330470 ROD END SET
AR320400 RADIO BOX SET

Still need the following parts. Chassis, turnbuckles, steering posts and steering parts set are all on back order.

AR330542 STEEL TURNBUCKLE M4x48mm (Black) (2pcs) (one turnbuckle was bent but I bent it back and it's intact and feels solid)
AR320413 BATTERY MOUNTING SET (one velcro strap broken is broken If you have velcro or another type of strap you would save $12)
AR340137 STEERING POST (2PCS) (one steering post looks like it might be bent 1 or 2 degrees. Could probably salvage both)

I don't have a whole lot of time on my hands and would like to spend the nice days driving, not wrenching, hence the reason I wouldn't mind selling it. And the wife would throw a fit she finds out I bought a second, so that's probably not an option.
Hey just a heads up, check that aluminum motor mount plate. My chassis breaking impact , though not as spectacular as yours, bent the plate,. The weight of the motor has a significant amount of momentum. I didn't find out until waiting nearly 3 weeks for the new chassis, then had to wait another week for the replacement mount.
Thanks! I'll check it out.

I would take $250 shipped including TX/RX. Not sure if this deal would make sense for anyone. They are $348 new after tax. I don't mind making the repairs, I'm actually kind of looking forward to it.

I purchased these parts today from LHS and would include with sale:

AR330470 ROD END SET
AR320400 RADIO BOX SET

Still need the following parts. Chassis, turnbuckles, steering posts and steering parts set are all on back order.

AR330542 STEEL TURNBUCKLE M4x48mm (Black) (2pcs) (one turnbuckle was bent but I bent it back and it's intact and feels solid)
AR320413 BATTERY MOUNTING SET (one velcro strap broken is broken If you have velcro or another type of strap you would save $12)
AR340137 STEERING POST (2PCS) (one steering post looks like it might be bent 1 or 2 degrees. Could probably salvage both)

I don't have a whole lot of time on my hands and would like to spend the nice days driving, not wrenching, hence the reason I wouldn't mind selling it. And the wife would throw a fit she finds out I bought a second, so that's probably not an option.

Thanks! I'll check it out.
I have lots of extra parts, but probably not. I have my eyes set on the 4s Kraton right now. Sorry. šŸ¤·ā€ā™‚ļø

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back