Dual motor problem

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Kowal

Fairly New Member
Reaction score
Hello! I'm building a fireteam with 2 motors and I don't know where to mount the batteries (4x 3s 5000mah). Does anyone have a Mojave/Fireteam with 2 motors? share your photos

Is top mounted batteries layout good?

Hello! I'm building a fireteam with 2 motors and I don't know where to mount the batteries (4x 3s 5000mah). Does anyone have a Mojave/Fireteam with 2 motors? share your photos

Is top mounted batteries layout good?

How is your motors positioned currently?
Traditional
or Rotated/facing front??

Photos would help us..

That’s the longest chassis in the 6s line. Take out the factory battery boxes and take a long look at your layout. Change it if necessary. There are guys that have done dual motor SWB (328mm) builds. You are blessed with a whole lot more real estate to work with. You can do it. 👍

That’s the longest chassis in the 6s line. Take out the factory battery boxes and take a long look at your layout. Change it if necessary. There are guys that have done dual motor SWB (328mm) builds. You are blessed with a whole lot more real estate to work with. You can do it. 👍
How they do that? (It doesn't fit between motor mount and rear axle

17164805956826156756361656050489.jpg

View attachment 368140

First, you'll need to get rid of the hand-brake gadget.
Then do a bit of trimming of the plastic chassis sideguards to better install battery trays..

View attachment 368140
Yup, like @Tex Koder said, get rid of the handbrake assembly. Thats a good start. Then eliminate the T2T bar and replace it with a flat carbon brace. Then you can mount electronics on that and free up room on the chassis. What’s the rig going to be for? On road speed running on an XLWB chassis? If so you can also add GT side skirts and get a lot more room.
If this is going to remain an off road basher and you want to keep the stock FT body I think you would have been much better off to not go dual motor in the first place. It would be pretty easy by comparison to put in a single big can motor and either an XLX2 or even a Max 4 and go 12s.

It might be tough with the fireteam body as it is pretty restrictive. Have you considered a different body that would allow more vertical and horizontal clearance? Or at least remove the army dudes to free up space.

Additionally, I would consider using two small 6S batteries instead of four 3S batteries.

Back