Kraton everyone's average age?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
51 years old here. Got into this hobby early 2020 just before Covid. My daughter saw some 1/10 carpet racers on a model show. We bought a Slash Ultimate, then another one, then a Mojave, then i built another one. I guess i like this hobby too. Although for me the wrenching and seeing my daughter run the car turned out to be more fun to me than actually driving myself. I found myself searching the web for upgrade parts all the time. Had to slam the brakes on that. It was getting out of hand. I replaced every single plastic part of the drive train with metal. Ali Express and Jennys and Monsterhopups.de are my new LHS's.

I’m 64 and am new to rc ( again). My son and I had a couple nitro trucks 20 years ago. Having a lot of fun with it now and am already think of what I’m getting next. TLRT 🤓
Kraton for flyin...Outcast for flippin 😎

59 1/2, not old enough to join the Geezer Brigade but getting there. I started when I was 40. It was a father, son, and daughter thing every weekend. They both own more trucks than me now. Funny how these things happen.

Minus 1 entry I don't trust the running total is 48.3

Last edited:
52 here

64, been doing this since motors had brushes and a 1400mil nicad pack was bangin! Raced too long, just want to relax with the grandkids now…until we start rolling.
Welcome to the forum John 👍

Jeezuz, this post makes me feel young. Deciding not to have kids allows me to spend abour $3000-$5000 of dollars on RC every year and about $20,000 total on hobbies. Most adult hobbies are prohibitively expensive. Even my Warhammer 40K I spend about a grand a year on for paints, painting gear, models, boards, travel to tournaments. Hockey, snowmobiling, backpacking, traveling etc. A big thanks to politicians that made recreational marijuana legal on the west coast who made all of this possible. I have family run the farm and shop while I never have to work. I recommend it

Grown men playing with toy trains?
Grown men playing with toy trucks?
There not dolls, there "ACTION FIGURES"!!!!!!!

I get it.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back