Kraton everyone's average age?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
what is the age of everyone on here? partner thinks i am to old for toys at 51 :rolleyes:
My wife thinks it's weird when I'm out alone in the evenings, when kids are in bed🫣 I'm 34.

"We don't stop playing because we get old, we get old because we stop playing" -someone probably said once.😅

This hobby is primarily for grown-ups. Most grown-ups don't know how to play anymore. For too many "testing market value", reality tv and social media is the only form of playing. Pretty pathetic.

It simply needs a supportive wife. It is what it is. Seen too many come enthusiastically into this hobby and then fading out because of wife / girlfried sabotaging it. In psychopathic, sociopathic and narcissistic ways, belitteling. Be aware of it. Seen it too many times.

Often it's finances competing for hobby vs other things. That obviously needs consideration and common sense on both sides. Young family simply has other priorities. If you have a car ot two - great!

Many years I asked a guy what his balsa plane cost. He said about 1000 EUR + motor and electronics. I thought he was totally stupid. It seemed like he could not even fly properly. Yes, there is a learning curve to it..... :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO:

The first model must be a good model plus good charging equipment. If the first model is toy grade - good luck explaining to wife it needs a better one after spending a couple of hunderd buck on crap. If wife sees the joy of a cool first far she hopefully gets it. So if you get friends into the hobby make sure they have something decent right from the start. Make they buy decent charging equipment. That's the ticket for spontaneous bashing without waiting hours. Make sure they get at least two or three sets of lipos with equipment that can charge all at the same time. If the new buddy does not have a really fun car right from the start - that's probably it. He's gone. Probably saying he does not really like wrenching to save face...

Last edited:
My wife thinks it's weird when I'm out alone in the evenings, when kids are in bed🫣 I'm 34.

"We don't stop playing because we get old, we get old because we stop playing" -someone probably said once.😅

I'm 37, wife is 32. I've never been questioned for doing that. I think she prefers it actually so she isn't left with all our children on her own. 🤣

47...but stuck at 35 🤣
Aging Old Man GIF by A&E
playing old man GIF

I’ll be 47 in September. Most would say I spend way too much money on this hobby, but it makes me just as happy as it did when I was a kid.
What part of WV do you live?

I’m actually in the middle of moving from Hurricane to Sissonville.
Sht man we aren't that far apart. I go to Snowshoe WV a bunch every winter. Which is Pocahontas County. It's like 3.5-4hrs from my house.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back