Limitless First time speed build.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I been doing the speed thing for about two years I would never build twin 1721 right now crazy

Same but I have been consumed by FPV recently, so I’m a glutton for breaking sh*t. And no way would I have built a twin as my first speed run car.

I just finished a limitless GT with a TP motor I’m scared to drive it a lot of $
I’ve enjoyed trying to push for speeds using lower voltage like 3S and 4S. It creates the feel of a challenge without the extreme speeds.

I saw that too. Which is weird, because his last post was the one here on this thread around April 3rd.
Something must have happened and he was too embarrassed to respond again after everyone giving him the advice that he should take it slow.
He was literally going to solder his LiPo’s together at one point because he didn’t see the bullets in Shifrin’s build. He was like, “he must have to un-solder them to charge them right?” Good God, man. But yeah, the dude would simply not take anyone’s advice.
I’ve wondered about him a few times, and I hope he didn’t get in serious trouble after something happening. He was military, stationed in Japan, and the military does not put up with their people breaking local laws in distant lands. I also hope he didn’t hurt himself or someone else with an out of control 180mph 20+ pound missile.

I remember this guy now he was a no it all
Yeah, he said he watched every one of Shifrin’s videos and thought he knew it all. He was ready to go solder some LiPo’s together and break a world record. Scary to think of the potential consequences to which he gave no regard whatsoever. A lot of people gave him very helpful advice, and even encouragement to take it slowly with many tips to succeed. He ignored it all.

Holy Hell Balls.
I am missing quite a bit from my mental R/C directory, but that is one of the craziest things that I've heard.
Me too. And when people said no, they’re not soldered together, he argued and didn’t believe us. Gave me a snarky reply that ended with “this is accomplished with solder.” Finally a picture was posted for him that showed the 8mm bullets and then he sort of got it. Not really, but sort of… Before that he asked what the balance connectors were for. Scary.
And then he builds a dual 1721 motor missile…

Wow harsh crowd today.

At some point or another, we've all tried things and thought we knew what we were doing. Exploring, creating, failing are just part of the hobby, it happens. Sometimes I I'm actually brilliant and others I think I'm brilliant but not so much in reality.

I just hope he wasn't abducted by aliens or something. Realistically if he's military, overseas he may have been moved. The military doesn't like it when you have enough time for a hobby.

Wow harsh crowd today.

At some point or another, we've all tried things and thought we knew what we were doing. Exploring, creating, failing are just part of the hobby, it happens. Sometimes I I'm actually brilliant and others I think I'm brilliant but not so much in reality.

I just hope he wasn't abducted by aliens or something. Realistically if he's military, overseas he may have been moved. The military doesn't like it when you have enough time for a hobby.
Nah, I don't think so.
At this point, this thread is about creating awareness to others that are new and/or don't know enough. I mean, we're not talking forgetting shims in a diff, or using rubber cement on a grub screw for a pinion gear. To me, that type of Ignorance (arguing that he was not receiving sound advice from others with much more knowledge on the topic) is like going and buying a firearm, watching a few videos on how to load it and pull the trigger but Ignoring actual gun safety. Some things have more catastrophic results than others.
Hell, I am missing a lot of knowledge in the electronics dept of R/Cing, so I asked questions and had conversations to learn what I was lacking. That's part of the existence of forums like these.

Nah, I don't think so.
At this point, this thread is about creating awareness to others that are new and/or don't know enough. I mean, we're not talking forgetting shims in a diff, or using rubber cement on a grub screw for a pinion gear. To me, that type of Ignorance (arguing that he was not receiving sound advice from others with much more knowledge on the topic) is like going and buying a firearm, watching a few videos on how to load it and pull the trigger but Ignoring actual gun safety. Some things have more catastrophic results than others.
Hell, I am missing a lot of knowledge in the electronics dept of R/Cing, so I asked questions and had conversations to learn what I was lacking. That's part of the existence of forums like these.
I totally agree. I’ve been relieved of a great deal of my ignorance from others here on the forum, and I don’t bristle at it. I genuinely appreciate it, and that’s why I’m here. I also realize that I still have a great deal to learn, and the more I learn the more I realize how much respect I need to have for the raw kinetic energy of a very fast RC speed car. I’m not even embarrassed to say that after 2 years of “speed running” I haven’t even broken 100 yet. But I will this year, oh yes….😂

I do remember the soldering the batteries together thing and I think (too lazy to look at the moment) I commented on it too. But I don't remember if he actually did that?

It's possible he got frustrated and took his toy someplace else.

I’m not even embarrassed to say that after 2 years of “speed running” I haven’t even broken 100 yet. But I will this year, oh yes….😂
I get it a 15lb car coming at you has a lot of energy. You have common sense and respect for it. Now ignore that and send it! 😜

Yeah, he said he watched every one of Shifrin’s videos and thought he knew it all. He was ready to go solder some LiPo’s together and break a world record. Scary to think of the potential consequences to which he gave no regard whatsoever. A lot of people gave him very helpful advice, and even encouragement to take it slowly with many tips to succeed. He ignored it all.
So I've read all of this "Car Crash Thread" and here are my thoughts on the matter (better late than never :ROFLMAO: )
If he actually watched Raz's videos, he obviously paid no attention to his 6 part series:

30HP Dual Motor RC Car 205MPH Attempt

this takes you step by step through building a dual motor car step by step - it even shows what pinions Raz installed on the motors. it also showed you how the batteries were wired in series with QS8's, no idea why he thought that direct connection bullets were the best solution for a first build.

or even the 8 part series :

SPEED RUN SECRETS REVEALED

which although is a single motor build has a lot of basic (and very useful) car setup tips.

The whole idea of a forum is so you can bounce your ideas and learn from others mistakes... if someone posts on a thread that you should be doing "XYZ" and they reply back with "nah I'm doing this because I obviously know what I'm doing" then when it all goes horribly wrong, do you really expect anything else??, or sympathy from any forum members?

I personally have watched over 100+ hours of car setups and configuration and speedrun videos from various people and there are still lots of gaps in my knowledge that I'm grateful for any advice and tips from people who have "been there, seen it and done it"

As for his car setup he obviously had no idea on how to set an endpoint on his radio ( he was using a Radiolink RC6GS) which is just a case of pressing enter and exit together on the transmitter, then selecting option 3 - EPA.

The calibrations were not done on his ESC's (and throttle trim set) which is why his motors were running with no throttle applied once turned on.. this is a basic you learn very early on because if you don't you can end up with a runaway car, or high spinning RPM wheels that could cause third degree burns (yes I know this from experience with a 1/14 scale car not configured properly).

The wobbly wheel was probably the most worrying aspect of the car (loose pillow ball grub screws) could have been potentially catastrophic at higher speeds, due to the lack straight tracking,

As the rest of you have also said, I would love an update on how he got on...

So I've read all of this "Car Crash Thread" and here are my thoughts on the matter (better late than never :ROFLMAO: )
If he actually watched Raz's videos, he obviously paid no attention to his 6 part series:

30HP Dual Motor RC Car 205MPH Attempt

this takes you step by step through building a dual motor car step by step - it even shows what pinions Raz installed on the motors. it also showed you how the batteries were wired in series with QS8's, no idea why he thought that direct connection bullets were the best solution for a first build.

or even the 8 part series :

SPEED RUN SECRETS REVEALED

which although is a single motor build has a lot of basic (and very useful) car setup tips.

The whole idea of a forum is so you can bounce your ideas and learn from others mistakes... if someone posts on a thread that you should be doing "XYZ" and they reply back with "nah I'm doing this because I obviously know what I'm doing" then when it all goes horribly wrong, do you really expect anything else??, or sympathy from any forum members?

I personally have watched over 100+ hours of car setups and configuration and speedrun videos from various people and there are still lots of gaps in my knowledge that I'm grateful for any advice and tips from people who have "been there, seen it and done it"

As for his car setup he obviously had no idea on how to set an endpoint on his radio ( he was using a Radiolink RC6GS) which is just a case of pressing enter and exit together on the transmitter, then selecting option 3 - EPA.

The calibrations were not done on his ESC's (and throttle trim set) which is why his motors were running with no throttle applied once turned on.. this is a basic you learn very early on because if you don't you can end up with a runaway car, or high spinning RPM wheels that could cause third degree burns (yes I know this from experience with a 1/14 scale car not configured properly).

The wobbly wheel was probably the most worrying aspect of the car (loose pillow ball grub screws) could have been potentially catastrophic at higher speeds, due to the lack straight tracking,

As the rest of you have also said, I would love an update on how he got on...
Yeah, pretty crazy stuff. We all have our moments, and sometimes make poor decisions while ignoring the advice of others. But this thread takes that to a whole new level and is probably one of the biggest dumpster fires the hobby has ever seen. I hope people read it and learn from it. It would be very helpful to hear what happened after the OP disappeared. I hope nobody bled, or worse.

Its very obtainable. The first speedrun car I built was a dual 1721 2400kv. Even has some custom parts. Car works great. I lost interest in it for a while, but I'm getting back into it this year to try and push some new PB's. I'm not sure why this guy was struggling so much.

Back