Mojave Flysky FGr4 Reciever + Waterproof Housing?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I had an FGR4s in the rx box in my Talion upside-down and sunken totally underwater (I could barely see the tires.) Took me about 4 minutes to reach it and pull it out. Water was just below my pants pocket when I rescued. Once I got it out, I immediately drove it with zero issues to dry it all off.
Also, I'm in a neighborhood running all FGR4s receivers, power lines, everyone has wifi, etc and have had not a single concern with range. None whatsoever. One each in my Mojave, Talion, Kraton and all no problems whatsoever. I absolutely love the FlySky Noble radio and I love the receivers and will buy more of the same small receivers soon. I own four FGR4s now but need about three or four more. I also have an FGR4 larger rx that I was planning to put in my Typhon for speed runs but haven't yet. I just do not like antennas after getting spoiled on the Tactic stuff.
This system is probably one of, if not the single best hobby purchase I've ever made.

Just in case folks are looking, I noticed this post in classified:
https://www.arrmaforum.com/threads/...s3-surface-radio-w-2-x-fgr4s-receivers.18335/

Last edited:
Thanks crimsonfancy, that settles that then. I will just use the FGR4s and save the FGR4 for my next project. Cheers.

?Hope it works out well for you and I truly feel it will. I imagine for a speed run vehicle the larger, antenna adorned receiver is the right choice and when I get my Typhon setup for distance I'll figure out how to work it in as a priority. Meantime I just bash and crash and land on my lid so the more compact one is just right. If I ever run into range issues I'll absolutely report to the forum and hopefully with video attached but so far I'm perfectly hooked on what I get out of those I'm running now.

Will both receiver fit in a Senton 3s?
I know the small FGR4s one does. The FGR4 big one with antenna I haven't tried because the range I need is fine so far. On the other hand, I imagine the bigger FGR4 could fit but it could be hard to get additional channels wired without using every bit of space in the rx box.
I made some photos that could help if you're wondering. One obviously is next to the stock Spektrum rx that may help. Another photo is the thing set next to the box in my Big Rock Crew Cab which is the same for the Senton 3s. If you're wondering about the 6s fitment, I failed to make a photo next to the 6s receiver box. Hope these help nonetheless. Sorry the last of the photos is blurry but I included it anyway just in case it helps.

1591675539257.png

1591675576360.png

1591675602238.png

1591675633155.png

Edit: essentially I think it'll fit the 3s models but if anyone is wondering, please don't take my word. I can't imagine the 6s box is smaller than the 3s but what do I know?

Final edit, we can always remove the board from the case and will have more room but lose some protection. The case doesn't do anything for waterproofing or anything like that so we could load it down with hot glue, conformal coating... or both and fit it.

1591676293772.png

Last edited:
The FRG4 will not fit. I ordered 2 NB4s and they had both FRG4 and FRG4s in the box. The FRG4s will go further than I will ever drive my Mojave and fits in the receiver box and works with the telemetry sensors. Also got free two day shipping from Hong Kong.

@crimsonfancy thank you for the detailed post. I appreciate it.

@Epplers thanks! I was worried about the range on the FRG4s but sounds like it’s got decent range! Also, where did you order your Nb4?I can’t find them anywhere

I have never had an issue with range but usually don't extend further than 2.5 neighborhood blocks or so. I haven't done a range test at all. I love the small receivers.
I bought my Nb4 Noble from HobbyKing and received it in I think four days from the Global WH! Amazing speed. Paid $20 for expedited shipping though so it came to $199.32 with two small receivers (FGR4s). Unfortunately it appears they are backorder status right now. Hope you find one because I feel you'll be very happy with it.
I've purchased four more FGR4s receivers from AliExpress (in two orders from two different sellers) and they took quite a while because they got caught up in the flu mess. The single FGR4 receiver I bought from EBAY and was told it was the small one and they gave me the old switcheroo. I fought the seller and got it eventually for about $8-10 after they sent my PayPal money back.

Just wanted to offer some additional info and experience in case you may be interested. I'd buy the same system again without second thought if I had to ... and would even pay more than I did. I would also strongly consider a twin stick FlySky radio for flight models. The only negative so far is receiver access / slow boat wait time but I'm ahead of how many I need now.
I wrote to FlySky and asked them about having stateside access to receivers and they said they were working on getting more out and are always looking for a distributor. I guarantee if I could buy 100 of them I'd sell em so fast at EBAY. Would be worth it to me even just as a feel good with a smaller margin to be able to get em to people that are in need.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back