Forged carbon parts

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
But, I was thinking of doing that...

You guys can always make and design different parts. I happen to be friends outside of the forum with Tex and know he is already producing parts and selling them.

It all comes down to design.... If you have not already I would start learning fusion 360. In my humble opinion Larz's lessons are the best way to learn:

I think @Tex Koder needs to make and sell some forged carbon parts ;)
Then he can do all the manufacturing in-house and cut out the middle man. I don't have the time for this stuff, but it seems he might.

Need to take one step at a time...

FIRST, Got to have a dedicated facility/workshop to do all that in..
Because my wife would instantly put the Kabosh on that mess if she sees AND SMELLS all those chemicals inside our little house.
😢

Because my wife would instantly put the Kabosh on that mess if she sees AND SMELLS all those chemicals inside our little house.
😢
The Epoxy resin does not have much of a smell like polyester resins used in fiberglass work. Those are potent.

But if you want some help making a project shed in the back yard, I am a decent woodworker and happy to help.

The Epoxy resin does not have much of a smell like polyester resins used in fiberglass work. Those are potent.

But if you want some help making a project shed in the back yard, I am a decent woodworker and happy to help.

Thank you sir!

As soon as we get a bigger place/Lot.. I will reach out!!

😢
Wives can be sensitive to smells. That much is certain.

I get sick when I get shoo goo on my fingers.
That is a good warning for yourself to be careful. I would recommend using other protection when working with expoxy resin also.

I use a set of goggles from Dewalt that have a rubber seal. (you can absorb vapors through your eyes)
I also use a 3M dual filter respirator with filters specific for chemical vapors.
Then of course glove up! I seem to always get it on my fore-arms (working with 3ft by 3ft carbon twill for making bodies) so I wear some long green chemical gloves, which is likely overkill for most people, but for me the exposure is bad! It effects the penile glands among other things. It is miserable!

@ARRMArcfanboy4life

If you serious about getting into 3D then here's a printer I would seriously look at >

Creality Ender 3 S1 Pro ,it's currently on sale $479

( Wished they had this model WAY BACK When I FIRST started back in 2011-ish, it would have made the initial printing/learning experience SO MUCH BETTER...)

@ARRMArcfanboy4life

If you serious about getting into 3D then here's a printer I would seriously look at >

( Wished they had this model WAY BACK When I FIRST started back in 2011-ish, it would have made the initial printing/learning experience SO MUCH BETTER...)
I am off to college next year, (they have 3d printers) I just want one of my own to use. I can use their printers (with their permission). I just think I will use it before I leave, during summer break, and after I get back. I am planning on starting with a basic printer, but if the price had been similar, I would have gotten a better one.

@ARRMArcfanboy4life

Specwise this could become my 3rd printer. Its temperature range and direct drive make it capable of printing all exotics materials.
For starters i'd still go for E3v2 (neo maybe) as it's only half the cost

I am off to college next year, (they have 3d printers) I just want one of my own to use. I can use their printers (with their permission). I just think I will use it before I leave, during summer break, and after I get back. I am planning on starting with a basic printer, but if the price had been similar, I would have gotten a better one.

Good for you. 👍

Where and what major?

I am planning on applying to the same college my parents and sisters went/go to (completely un-related though) to study mechanical engineering.

Excellent!
My only advice to you is-
Utilize the sh!t out of those labs.. Put in as much time as allowed and then seek some more!!! Try to find the graduate labs also. Some could be off campus..

I made the mistake of not using those labs & equipments as much as I could have..

Look to get access to their supercomputer labs too if they have one , advanced software usage- for structural load, fluid simulations, thermodynamics etc..

Excellent!
My only advice to you is-
Utilize the sh!t out of those labs.. Put in as much time as allowed and then seek some more!!! Try to find the graduate labs also. Some could be off campus..

I made the mistake of not using those labs & equipments as much as I could have..

Look to get access to their supercomputer labs too if they have one , advanced software usage- for structural load, fluid simulations, thermodynamics etc..
No joke, I chose the college compared to other similar colleges because they had freshmen and sophomore students using lab equipment. The other colleges didn't really let students use machines (except maybe 3d printers) until junior year.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back