Carbon Fiber

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I've not had the chance to try it myself..
But I've heard this to be recommended plenty >>

1701307332435.png

$45 @ amazon

https://www.amazon.com/Polymaker-PA...Cardboard/dp/B09MTBF55V/ref=asc_df_B09MTBF55V

Polymaker has yet to fail me. Reasonably priced and readily available.

Layers with a 0.6mm nozzle are beautiful and never an issue with adhesion (using a PEI textured build sheet freshly washed in hot water and Dawn dish soap).

Layers with a 0.6mm nozzle are beautiful and never an issue with adhesion (using a PEI textured build sheet freshly washed in hot water and Dawn dish soap).
Which one do you use? It looks like they have several flavors.

Thanks. He gave a great overview. I wonder how PC CF stacks up.

Sure thing 👍

Guess the only way to find out is to get a roll and make some of your own prints. 😉

not had any luck with carbon fibre for bashing. but not had any of the good stuff from basherqueen

how often should I be cleaning my plate?

Anything carbon is more rigid, but also more brittle.. it's a double edge sword... as mentioned the layers look great for sure..

I'd venture away from pla, use a petg, PA or PC carbon blend.. obviously If the parts are trinkets then pla would be fine..

As far as branding, these day's I don't see much difference between cheapo and brand name, besides carbon content %..

You'll probably want to get another PEI build plate so you can always have one Ready to Go while you clean up the other.

Every time. I wipe with 99% IPA before each print and with soap/water after a print with glue.
Sure thing 👍

Guess the only way to find out is to get a roll and make some of your own prints. 😉
CF filaments are expensive!

Stress Testing the Polymaker filament

Last edited:
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back