Granite Body - no friend to heat

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RuffRiki

“If you’re not first, you’re last!”
Premium Member
Rig of the Month Winner
Build Thread Contributor
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. 4x4-Mega
  2. Granite
  3. Infraction
  4. Limitless
Left my granite body in my car outside. Got cooked in the heat SMH

A332A471-4F86-462F-AA82-240329505B5E.jpeg

2502A451-3AC6-4142-A939-E8A0F25EF15D.jpeg

I’ll consider this one a loss. No coming back. Just glad the infraction body is fine cuz they were in the my car together. Heat is crazy today!

Damn definitely a bit deformed but as said above maybe try to heat is back up with a heat gun and reform it. Maybe if you have another Granite body heat this one up and out over the straight body to help get the shape right.

I’ve read that the mega bodies are not lexan, which could explain why it reacted differently than your infraction body.

For me it’s just a learning experience, nothing more, this is my 3rd body for my granite. A 4th will is now inevitable.
Anyone know alternative bodies that fit the granite chassis though??

For me it’s just a learning experience, nothing more, this is my 3rd body for my granite. A 4th will is now inevitable.
Sounds like you need a wing and some body protectors

I do use body protectors but the rear one ripped out on the first flip.
On the next body I will use a rear wing. I Didn’t think of that

I do use body protectors but the rear one ripped out on the first flip.
On the next body I will use a rear wing. I Didn’t think of that
Typhon wing mount and outcast wing fit perfectly. Just need to cut the rear of the body a little.

Properly reinforced, the V3 Granite bodies are well designed and very durable. Regardless of what body you choose, shoe and drywall tape (or at least gorilla tape) on the inside is a must if you want a durable body.

The Granite has a 287mm wheelbase. I think all of these bodies fit. https://www.prolineracing.com/1-10-monster-truck-bodies/
You can check the wheelbase in the specs. I'm using the F-100 body because I love the look. But I don't recommend it. It has bad weak points and requires LOTS of reinforcement. The V3 Granite body is MUCH more durable.

Last edited:
Okay in that case I’ll stick with the blue/black granite body. I think I’ll also get more out of it once I install the rear wing.
I have my granite on 4s, setup for speed, just turned down the punch to minimize the flipping. I shouldn’t be going through the body that quickly. In theory.

Alot of people use wings, but I think that's just another (kindof expensive) part that's going to break. I use a modified Traxxas Maxx tailguard. I used a Dremel to cut out the middle and sand out the screw posts. It lasts forever. Here it is on my old V2 body. It outlasted the body, (I don't recommend the V2 body either, the truck bed folds because of those rear wheel flares.)

1b.jpeg

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back