Kraton Hex 6 with Hobbywing 4985

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It’s gonna be a bit as I’m tied down getting ready for farming season start up. Batches are done in my free time and unfortunately that’s been scarce lately.

Ok thanks for responding. Please keep me in mind when you start your next batch please. Thanks Jeff

Ok thanks for responding. Please keep me in mind when you start your next batch please. Thanks Jeff
Hello Mr Duke. I've still had no success in finding a cooling fan setup for my HW 4985. I am still interested in your cooling fan setup. Do you see making a batch in the near future? Or can you recommend an option? Thanks
Jeff

The shutdown has everything up in the air. Not sure when a new batch will be made. Kinda in a holding pattern for now.

Well I started this kraton with the stock motor and blx. My upgrades made it too heavy and would heat up the motor well past 200f before a 6s pack was 1/2 done. So time for new electrics. Went with a hex6 because I found one cheap and the rocket 4585 motor from ebay. There is a thread on that one so short story is runs like a beast but too hot. That motor will find a new home soon.
After Mr.duke posted his build and a couple other guys using the hobbywing 4985 I thought if try it. Bought it right from hw and got it in 3 days. Killer motor, fits with the M2C motor mount with no mods. While running a 20t pinion it is a crazy fast basher. Still runs too hot. Was getting around 190f at the end of a pack.

Easy enough, just get a fan and mount right. So who makes a mount for a 49/47mm motor. How about know one. MrDuke makes a killer one, thought about copying his but I do not have proper sheet metal fab. equipment so it would look like a 6th grader made it. I like my shop stuff to not only work but look nice...

Made up a mount using a clamp method I learned years ago from another ptoject at work. Make an acentric and slit it. This allows for clamping action where the rear of the motor is not accessible or hindered for clearance. Made two and connected them with an aluminum fan mount holding two Hobbystar aluminum fans. Plan to make a top piece to hold the screens. Hopefully this will hold up. If not I will try and copy Mr.Dukes design. I'll let you know how it works. Here's a few pics. View attachment 40338View attachment 40339View attachment 40340View attachment 40341View attachment 40342View attachment 40343View attachment 40344View attachment 40345View attachment 40346

Do you happen to still make the brackets for the motor?

I only made one set because at the time I wasn't sure how theyd work out. I should have made more but I used that material for the same type of bracket for the 56 and 45mm motors. I don't know when Ill get to making any more. They are a lot of work for what it is. @Mr.Duke was making some but I think its a busytime for him as well. The 46mm arrma one might work with a little tweaking. There was also someone else rigging the hw 42mm heatsink and fan to their 49mm and it looked pretty solid. I don't remember who it was but the thread was up only a few days ago. Also the Xmaxx heat sink and fan can be stretched out to work on the slightly bigger can.

I only made one set because at the time I wasn't sure how theyd work out. I should have made more but I used that material for the same type of bracket for the 56 and 45mm motors. I don't know when Ill get to making any more. They are a lot of work for what it is. @Mr.Duke was making some but I think its a busytime for him as well. The 46mm arrma one might work with a little tweaking. There was also someone else rigging the hw 42mm heatsink and fan to their 49mm and it looked pretty solid. I don't remember who it was but the thread was up only a few days ago. Also the Xmaxx heat sink and fan can be stretched out to work on the slightly bigger can.

He’s not making any at the moment. I will try bending the HW one. Thanks!

The shutdown has everything up in the air. Not sure when a new batch will be made. Kinda in a holding pattern for now.
Hello Mr.Duke!

I'm new to Arrma and this forum. I have the 4985 in my Mojave and got a set of Game Changer RC fans for it as it is running hot with my preferred gearing. I have tried a couple different fan mounts but I have been disappointed in the fit and effectiveness. Your fan mount looks awesome and it may be exactly what I need!

I was wondering if you have the time/materials to make more of these mounts yet? Thank you!

Hello Mr.Duke!

I'm new to Arrma and this forum. I have the 4985 in my Mojave and got a set of Game Changer RC fans for it as it is running hot with my preferred gearing. I have tried a couple different fan mounts but I have been disappointed in the fit and effectiveness. Your fan mount looks awesome and it may be exactly what I need!

I was wondering if you have the time/materials to make more of these mounts yet? Thank you!
The chassis bolt pattern is different on the Mojave vs the other Arrma 6s line.
I’ve only one prototype Mojave specific mount out in circulation to the one and only @crimsonfancy but I do intend to eventually make more soon. Yes...I know I keep saying “soon” but with 3 builds going on over the winter and working 90hrs a week I’m to the point of trading sleep for rc projects.
F989D2BA-1A68-44BA-9FCA-3E94DBDADEEF.jpeg

The chassis bolt pattern is different on the Mojave vs the other Arrma 6s line.
I’ve only one prototype Mojave specific mount out in circulation to the one and only @crimsonfancy but I do intend to eventually make more soon. Yes...I know I keep saying “soon” but with 3 builds going on over the winter and working 90hrs a week I’m to the point of trading sleep for rc projects.
View attachment 134330
Awesome! I typically work 80-100 hours a week, so I completely understand being too busy and having to set priorities on what little time you have available. I'll be patiently waiting for you to get a chance to get back into fabricating these. Thank you again

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back