Kraton Hex 6 with Hobbywing 4985

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The 1717 is 49.5mm dia and 85mm long
HW 4985 is 49mm dia and 86.5mm long

I will be testing it out in the Talion here in the next couple hours

I was going by what amain had on their page

Attachments

• IMG_0371.PNG
    IMG_0371.PNG
    179.5 KB · Views: 69
Oh I wasn’t doubting you, I was just throwing in some input. Damn those things are wide.

Love it. The power this setup offers really shows itself in the lower, longer Talion, and lets me take advantage of the extra power from about 50% throttle and above. I can still power wheelie from almost any speed but it's more intentional in the Talion than is was in the Outcast. As for pinion selection, I'm on a 22 tooth but plan on gearing higher once the 46t spur gear becomes readily available that comes stock in the center diff on the Arrma Infraction. I've got a little cushion to play with right now with motor temps (150-ish), so I'm thinking that I "should" still be able to keep motor temps in check during the summer months running the smaller 46t spur, but it'll be at the upper limit. For winter I'd like to try running 24/46 gearing and see how it responds.

Love the high speed power wheelie. What upgrades does the talion have? Is it much heavier than stock? I want a Talion too and fab up some nice thick carbon towers and braces along with a M2C chassis.

Love the high speed power wheelie. What upgrades does the talion have? Is it much heavier than stock? I want a Talion too and fab up some nice thick carbon towers and braces along with a M2C chassis.

Running weight is 12.03lbs with a 800gram 6s pack on 3.8 badlands.
M2C chassis
HR front and rear braces
HR servo mount
HR center diff brace and top plate
Max6 esc with bulletproof fan mod
4985 1650kv motor (22t pinion) dual fans
25/800/42 ( I mix my own silicone %)
Typhon basher bumper from Tbone
M2C rear skid plate
Droop screw mod
RPM rear arms and mud guards
Wider Kraton axles and hubs
Trimmed wing with Outcast wing mount
Probably forgot some things but that's most of it.

Tell me more...?
"Bulletproof" may be premature, but I'm optimistic with what I've seen so far.
I've got a 7 day vacation bashathon starting next Saturday in the Appalachian mountains where we travel to a bunch of different spots and bash as many packs in a day as the rigs can take. That's going to be the true test for the Max6 fan mods, but I've been beating on the same one for the last 7 weeks without a failure of any kind. That's after going through 5 in the first 3 weeks. The same trip last year took out the BLX fan, servo, diff gears and a bunch of other parts throughout the week including a lipo charger, so it's really hard on the equipment. My intention was to see how long it survives during the extreme conditions it'll see in a week and then make a thread detailing what all i takes to get one to hold up for at least as long as the stock fans do.

Brief rundown is you have to round the edges of the underside of the fan guard, place a fiberglass piece of screen under that, followed by orings then the fan. But wait, there's more ...lol. You'll then need to clip the tips of each fan blade and reprofile each one with a small jewelers file. It's a lot of fun putting it all together also which makes the process a complete PITA. But I'm not breaking any fans so to me it's worth it.

Running weight is 12.03lbs with a 800gram 6s pack on 3.8 badlands.
M2C chassis
HR front and rear braces
HR servo mount
HR center diff brace and top plate
Max6 esc with bulletproof fan mod
4985 1650kv motor (22t pinion) dual fans
25/800/42 ( I mix my own silicone %)
Typhon basher bumper from Tbone
M2C rear skid plate
Droop screw mod
RPM rear arms and mud guards
Wider Kraton axles and hubs
Trimmed wing with Outcast wing mount
Probably forgot some things but that's most of it.

Hello Mr Duke. How did you come across your dual fans for your HW4985 motor? Thanks Jeff

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back